• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

there is a feat me and a friend are trying to calc, but we reached a dilema, how exactly do you calculate a projectile block feat? say, a lazer is shot at a character, and he blocks it with his arm, what is the method to calc the speed of the arm?

there is a feat me and a friend are trying to calc, but we reached a dilema, how exactly do you calculate a projectile block feat? say, a lazer is shot at a character, and he blocks it with his arm, what is the method to calc the speed of the arm?
I think the general method is make assumptions about where their arm was (or find out from scans), use arm/forearm length for radius, do some circle math to get the distance it must have travelled in an arc, then do typical pixel measurements to get a timeframe and then you have reaction speed.

say, a lazer is shot at a character, and he blocks it with his arm, what is the method to calc the speed of the arm?
Find the distance from the character and the laser from when the character started to move (x)

Then find the distance the character moved with their arm (y)

Do x / speed of laser to find the timeframe (z)

Then do y/z for the speed of the character.

No specific method. First calculate the time it would take for said laser to move a certain distance the moment the character moves to block it, then calculate the distance the arm moved.

Now if we're talking about perception, calculate the distance the laser went then determine the time it took for the laser to cross that distance.

How do I calc the energy needed to freeze water into a solid state in a time frame of 0,13 seconds?
I don't think the timeframe is relevant. If you know the volume of the water (and therefore its mass from its density), you can just do E = mcΔT. m is mass, c is specific heat capacity (4184 J/kg for water) and ΔT is the change in temperature, so from probably room temperature down to 0 for freezing.

I don't think the timeframe is relevant. If you know the volume of the water (and therefore its mass from its density), you can just do E = mcΔT. m is mass, c is specific heat capacity (4184 J/kg for water) and ΔT is the change in temperature, so from probably room temperature down to 0 for freezing.
Considering water is a bad to transfer heat, wouldn't much more energy be needed to freeze water in less them a second?

Considering water is a bad to transfer heat, wouldn't much more energy be needed to freeze water in less them a second?
I don't think so. Bringing a fixed amount of water to freezing requires a specific amount of energy. Knowing the timeframe helps (freezing an ice block over 0.2s is obviously stronger ice manip than over 2 minutes) but what you're getting into is efficiency over time and whatnot which I just don't think this wiki deals with.

I don't think so. Bringing a fixed amount of water to freezing requires a specific amount of energy. Knowing the timeframe helps (freezing an ice block over 0.2s is obviously stronger ice manip than over 2 minutes) but what you're getting into is efficiency over time and whatnot which I just don't think this wiki deals with.
okay, thanks.... them I guess I did something wrong in what I'm calculating

How could you calculate someone generating a self sustaining volcano that sustains itself for a long period of time?

I need to calculate the GBE of a neutron star which has a radius of 339.8 meters, for reference the smallest discovered neutron star has a radius of 1.2 km, but its mass is unknown. Since, according to what I read, the mass of a neutron star is inversely proportional to its radius, which means that a neutron star has less radius when its mass is increased, should I use the mass of the most massive neutron star discovered to calc the GBE? Or maybe the Tolman–Oppenheimer–Volkoff limit since it's a non-rotating neutron star?

Show the numbers?
A 110,15 meters slime monster with the proportions of a human female(The size and area of a human woman was determined to be 1,6 m and 1,6 m^2 by a quick serch) was calculated to have 642 Kg of slime on It's body after determining that a standard container of the slime toy It's based of holded 110 g of slime in a cilinder of 7 cm with a circunference of 6, assuming the temperature was initially 25 Celcius and using water as a base sinse the slime is mostly made of It, 67191939 joules was determined to be the energy needed to freezy It. considering the monster beingh larger them buildings It seen a kinda low beingh in the wall level tier

A 110,15 meters slime monster with the proportions of a human female(The size and area of a human woman was determined to be 1,6 m and 1,6 m^2 by a quick serch) was calculated to have 642 Kg of slime on It's body after determining that a standard container of the slime toy It's based of holded 110 g of slime in a cilinder of 7 cm with a circunference of 6, assuming the temperature was initially 25 Celcius and using water as a base sinse the slime is mostly made of It, 67191939 joules was determined to be the energy needed to freezy It. considering the monster beingh larger them buildings It seen a kinda low beingh in the wall level tier
110.15/1.6 = scale factor of 68.84375.

Average woman weighs 170lbs, or 75.7kg. Humans are roughly 985kg/m^3 (I don't have a source on that, I just know they're a little less dense than water hence why we float) so the average woman takes up 0.07684617859m^3.
Scale factor is cubed when talking about volume so the giant slime has a volume of 25543.38294m^3. Multiply by 1000 to get mass, 25543382.94kg.

Do your standard E = mcΔT, E comes out to be 638.6 tons, or Multi-City Block level. Neat.

Edit: Oh, I see you actually had a density for the slime instead of using water. Assuming you mean 7cm tall and circumference 6cm, that's a density of 26.19047619kg/m^3. That changes the mass to 668993.362702kg, which then changes the energy to 16.72 tons or City Block level. Fun.

Edit 2: I can't read. I assumed you'd written the circumference as the area. Circumference of 6cm (0.06m) means diameter of 0.01909859m, and radius of 0.00954930m. Base area of the cylinder is 0.00028648m^2, multiply by the height (0.07m) to get volume of 0.00002005m^3. Divide 110g (0.110kg) by that and you get a density of 5485.32050627kg/m^3.

Multiply the volume (25543.38294m^3) by the density, mass = 140113642.24028928kg.

Sub into mcΔT (m is calculated, c is 4184J/kg and ΔT is 25 degrees), energy is 3.503 kilotons or Small Town level. Even better, I need to pay more attention to what I'm reading.

Edit 3: I forgot you have to actually account for change of state. Water's latent heat of fusion is 334 kJ/kg.

E = mL, where m is mass and L is the latent heat. E = 11.18498004 kilotons just for the state change itself.

In total the feat is then 14.68782110 kilotons or 7-C, Town level. I simultaneously love and hate math.

Last edited:
I need to calculate the GBE of a neutron star which has a radius of 339.8 meters, for reference the smallest discovered neutron star has a radius of 1.2 km, but its mass is unknown. Since, according to what I read, the mass of a neutron star is inversely proportional to its radius, which means that a neutron star has less radius when its mass is increased, should I use the mass of the most massive neutron star discovered to calc the GBE? Or maybe the Tolman–Oppenheimer–Volkoff limit since it's a non-rotating neutron star?
Couldn't give you a source on it right now but I've heard that neutron stars typically have a radius within 1.5x to 2x less than the Schwarzschild radius for something of their mass?

110.15/1.6 = scale factor of 68.84375.

Average woman weighs 170lbs, or 75.7kg. Humans are roughly 985kg/m^3 (I don't have a source on that, I just know they're a little less dense than water hence why we float) so the average woman takes up 0.07684617859m^3.
Scale factor is cubed when talking about volume so the giant slime has a volume of 25543.38294m^3. Multiply by 1000 to get mass, 25543382.94kg.

Do your standard E = mcΔT, E comes out to be 638.6 tons, or Multi-City Block level. Neat.

Edit: Oh, I see you actually had a density for the slime instead of using water. Assuming you mean 7cm tall and circumference 6cm, that's a density of 26.19047619kg/m^3. That changes the mass to 668993.362702kg, which then changes the energy to 16.72 tons or City Block level. Fun.
thanks, less them what I was expecting but seens more reasonable now

Back