• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This Tsunade calc got buried, should be given more attention

Wait, I feel like linking the feat in question is an important part.

Where does this happen? I just found it a little strange not see any scans or links to the feat in the blog at all. Or is this a statement only thing?

That doesn't answer what I asked for. I don't see any scans of the feat there. Nor can I find a mention of where the feat happens in.

I want to know where this feat took place. Or is it a statement? It says Tsunade stopped Manda's charge without proving that she did. I'm not saying the feat didn't happen, but a calculation should have proof that the feat in question actually took place. Either with scans or mentioning where this happened.

Last edited:
It happened in chapter 170
Thank you!

I'm not fully certain if Manda is actually charging with half of his body weight here. He's rising out of the ground and is about to bite down on Gamabunta. If he was slithering across the ground and jumped at Gamabunta, yeah that wouldn't be an issue. But I admit, I'm not the best at understanding this.

I feel like some calc group members should come her to explain if this method is alright to find speed. This is the Square Cube Law with upscaling speed correct? I've seen conflicting answers on this stuff, with some people saying it's alright but others saying it isn't alright, and some saying you need to provide proof.

Large Size Calculations: "As mentioned in the AP section speed can under circumstances be taken from size. An x-times larger character should also be x-times faster. However, strict confirmation is necessary."

Strict confirmation being necessary is very vague. I don't understand what point it's trying to make.

"The best practice is to measure the speed directly from the source material. Should that not be possible, but it is known that the character moves relative to its size as fast or faster than its normal-sized counterpart, upscaled speed can be used. To confirm that they are that fast, it must be clear that they, for instance, take steps within the same timeframe or less than a normal human would. If that is the case, then their speed should be x-times higher than that of their normal-sized counterpart, if they are x-times larger."

Using our wiki page again. Does Manda fit in this category? Is it confirmed that he can make those movements within the same timeframe or less than a normal snake would? I feel like this page should be better explained, this wiki can be pretty confusing for me at times.

Also would like to see if they agree that Tsunade is stopping his half body weight charge I think actual calc group members who know about this stuff should give their opinion. Using the scans above, from chapter 170, does Tsunade actually scale to the value of the calc linked in the OP?

Edit: Actually wait a minute, I just noticed she didn't throw the sword. I don't see her tossing the blade in those scans, she just repositioned it as it was falling to point downward. You can even see her holding on to the sword as it lands. She's clearly being dragged down by the blade, meaning it's just falling.

Unless... Can Tsunade propel herself while in mid air?

I sincerely apologies for something so long winded. But answering these questions is for the best, that way there can be no contention against the calculation.

Last edited:
Thank you!

I'm not fully certain if Manda is actually charging with half of his body weight here. He's rising out of the ground and is about to bite down on Gamabunta. If he was slithering across the ground and jumped at Gamabunta, yeah that wouldn't be an issue. But I admit, I'm not the best at understanding this.

I feel like some calc group members should come her to explain if this method is alright to find speed. This is the Square Cube Law with upscaling speed correct? I've seen conflicting answers on this stuff, with some people saying it's alright but others saying it isn't alright, and some saying you need to provide proof.

Large Size Calculations: "As mentioned in the AP section speed can under circumstances be taken from size. An x-times larger character should also be x-times faster. However, strict confirmation is necessary."

Strict confirmation being necessary is very vague. I don't understand what point it's trying to make.

"The best practice is to measure the speed directly from the source material. Should that not be possible, but it is known that the character moves relative to its size as fast or faster than its normal-sized counterpart, upscaled speed can be used. To confirm that they are that fast, it must be clear that they, for instance, take steps within the same timeframe or less than a normal human would. If that is the case, then their speed should be x-times higher than that of their normal-sized counterpart, if they are x-times larger."

Using our wiki page again. Does Manda fit in this category? Is it confirmed that he can make those movements within the same timeframe or less than a normal snake would? I feel like this page should be better explained, this wiki can be pretty confusing for me at times.

Also would like to see if they agree that Tsunade is stopping his half body weight charge I think actual calc group members who know about this stuff should give their opinion. Using the scans above, from chapter 170, does Tsunade actually scale to the value of the calc linked in the OP?

Edit: Actually wait a minute, I just noticed she didn't throw the sword. I don't see her tossing the blade in those scans, she just repositioned it as it was falling to point downward. You can even see her holding on to the sword as it lands. She's clearly being dragged down by the blade, meaning it's just falling.

Unless... Can Tsunade propel herself while in mid air?

I sincerely apologies for something so long winded. But answering these questions is for the best, that way there can be no contention against the calculation.
Do we have a timeframe and distance that can be calculated? Because it might be better to use that than square cube law the speed

I don't think the anime's timeframe is viable, it seems slowed down compared to the manga considering that it Manda's charge happened over 5 seconds

Do we have a timeframe and distance that can be calculated? Because it might be better to use that than square cube law the speed
Only timeframe is from the anime in Episode 96. It lasts from 7:47 to 7:52. But the anime shows that the blade itself is falling on its own and the most Tsunade does is guide it down (though it does imply she lifted and jumped with the sword but I don't know what that would result in).

But the anime shows that the blade itself is falling on its own and the most Tsunade does is guide it down
I'm not sure how much I trust the anime's intepretation of this, the manga makes it more like a quick motion

Also, I did some quick calculations based on the speed in this link, and found the timeframe to be 0.08885469068 s

There's a planned verse wide revision for LS after speed gets taken care of. This thread should be closed as it will be delt with at a later time.

Back