• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

So, can't I just use pixel-scaling
No.
I dunno how to angsize.
Find the Panel Height in pixels, then find the size of the object you want to find the distance from using pixel scaling, then use this formula: 2atan(tan(70deg/2) * [x/y]) in degrees.

x = size of the object you want to find distance from in pixels
y = panel height

Then use this calculator, select the distance tab, then plug in the size of the object you want to find distance from in meters (or whatever distance unit you used in the original pixel scale). The number that comes out is the distance to that object.

If that was hard to understand, I made this:

So, in this case, we'd be trying to find the distance between the length of the split and the screen/panel?

It took me a while due to personal business, but I have finished the calculation.

It took me a while due to personal business, but I have finished the calculation.
For the ang sizing portion, use the part that you pixel scaled to be 10 px.

After that do the same thing with this. Subtract the two to find the length of the water sliced.

Why do we scale the KE of celestial bodies above their GPE instead of their highest Relativistic KE value?

Genuinely curious

Alright. Thank you so much.
Alright, so, I'm back, and have run into a few issues with this calculation.

When I plug in the degrees and size into this calculator, I, for some reason, only get 100.14 for both ends of the ocean split. I keep rescaling it and for some reason I continue to get 100.14. Is there a reason the values would come out identical or am I just doing something wrong?

When I plug in the degrees and size into this calculator, I, for some reason, only get 100.14 for both ends of the ocean split. I keep rescaling it and for some reason I continue to get 100.14. Is there a reason the values would come out identical or am I just doing something wrong?
bump

It should look like this?

Screen_Shot_2022-11-23_at_4.59.52_PM.png

The distance from the screen to the upper width of the ocean split is 634.22 meters.

634.22 - 100.14 = 534.08

The distance between the base width of the ocean split and the upper width of the ocean split is 534.08 meters.

What speed can be used for a knife that has been thrown by a superhuman?

It's for a dodging feat
You can either calc the distance it traveled and assume a timeframe, or just assume superhuman speeds. You could also look up the fastest a knife has ever been thrown and assume that.

The distance from the screen to the upper width of the ocean split is 634.22 meters.

634.22 - 100.14 = 534.08

The distance between the base width of the ocean split and the upper width of the ocean split is 534.08 meters.

634.22 - 100.14 = 534.08

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

I've been putting the numbers in the wrong order lmaoooooo. I'm an idiot.

Alright, so, I'm back, and have run into a few issues with this calculation.

Volume of Ocean Split: 534.08 (length) * 0.8233933649 (width) * 3682 (height/average ocean depth) = 1619188.69 m^3
Mass of Water: 1619188.69 * 1020 kg/m^3 (salt water density) = 1651572460 kg
Water Speed (the 1 second end you used): 15.67542857 m/s
Kinetic Energy: 1/2*1651572460*15.67542857^2 = 2.02911417e11 Joules / 48.496992591 tons (City Block level)

Final: 28.9861602543021 + 48.496992591 = 77.4831528 tons (City Block level+)

yeah GBE*, thanks
Mostly because it'd be grossly incorrect to assume Rel KE for something that is going FTL speed because at that speed you realistically can't apply the normal KE formula anymore due to mass approaching infinity via relativity, also at a certain speed away from SoL all laws of physics start to break down completely as per our current theories.

You can either calc the distance it traveled and assume a timeframe, or just assume superhuman speeds. You could also look up the fastest a knife has ever been thrown and assume that.
The final result was 521.5416m/s

But considering that the knife always goes at FTE speed, could subsonic speed be an option?

Hey, hey, fanta here! Need somebody to answer this question to solve an issue for me.

Basically, I have a character that punches away a massive amount of debris - idk, what is the correct way to measure the volume and its shape, tbh. Been thinking of using the explosion diameter or shockwave diameter as a way to get its size... to explain the series flip-flops on depicting if this character's attacks are explosion or just shockwave attacks.

It is spherical here, though, and it is the previous page for the first imgur link I gave, so sphere volume might work best, but it doesn't showcase the full size, so don't think I can use it.

Opinions on what to do here, folks?

Back