• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Okay got a question. If Character A is stated to Move Faster than Sound, and Character B not only reacts to him but there's a statement saying that Character B is on the same level as Character A.

Then Character C blitzs Character B and Character D blitzs Character C can I use the supersonic perception time or would it contentious?

So we have a danganronpa crt going on rn and one of the calcs that was done needs some help to make sure it was actually done right. Another user suggested to bring it here. Heres the calc.
Things to know -
  • Mukuro Ikusaba is in her "Battle Trance Mode" which makes her speed and strength skyrocket.
  • The narrator does say when she was in this state time froze. The story says she does this through getting enhanced reactions in her whole body.
  • What I am justifying is that, in her stopped time speed, she saw turret fire and explosions as frozen and could move around them accordingly.
  • The feats, even the high end, is very consistent and makes sense as its a step up from a lower feat she upscales from.
Here is a longer justification I made with links to the text. Also the scenes can be found here and here.

This should be more than enough to show that the speed calculation is more than justified. Now onto the more controversial part. I think the KE part of the calc should be fine as well.
  • This specific story has treated consistently that things that move faster do more damage (AKA KE) as prime examples with Leon being able to destroy Monokuma with a crystal ball when pitched by him which is accepted on this wiki.
  • When Mukuro threw the metal rod it was compared to the speed and precision of a master archer. Not only just this but the metal rod was mentioned to have been thrown so fast that it defied all human logic. Junko was expecting this attack because she knew that Mukuro would want to put all her effort into an attack she couldnt react to as it was supposed to finish her but she knew it was coming and caught it. She even acknowledged the immense power that the metal rod now had but Monokuma was just superior. Monokuma catching it doesnt disprove its speed and power but just that Monokuma scales to the attack done. Mukuro and Sakura read what Junko would think and then catch her off guard because of this. She managed to do this by having sakuras brute strength launch her forward, mentioning the force generated propelling her forward (ke) so she could have enough power to overcome monokuma and force the metal rod into him. This again shows consistent treatment of ke.
For these many reasons i think it should be more than acceptable to add the calcs back, fix the incorrect snail speed, remove the mistranslation, and add the feats on the page. it would be consistent. I just believe the evidence is far too reasonable

Input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Okay got a question. If Character A is stated to Move Faster than Sound, and Character B not only reacts to him but there's a statement saying that Character B is on the same level as Character A.

Then Character C blitzs Character B and Character D blitzs Character C can I use the supersonic perception time or would it contentious?
Only up until Character C can you use it for calcs (Since Character B is stated to be equal to Character A). For Character D and swifter, just scale them as unquantifiably above whatever Character C was calc'd at.

Also bear in mind that the "Move faster than sound" has to be officially stated within the story first.

I was wondering about a calculation method.

In one verse, torpedoes used by starships are fitted with micro black holes. The luminosity generated by the black holes is away from the torpedoes to generate thrust, accelerating them to near-light speeds (easily 99.9% SoL given context in the series) within moments.
  • These torpedoes would accelerate to their target at near lightspeed with an accuracy of 99.999%, carrying enough explosive power to destroy a moon.
Obviously there's RKE for the projectile itself, but I was wondering how I could calculate the luminosity needed for this.

Last edited:
I was wondering about a calculation method.

In one verse, torpedoes used by starships are fitted with micro black holes. The luminosity generated by the black holes is away from the torpedoes to generate thrust, accelerating them to near-light speeds (easily 99.9% SoL given context in the series) within moments.
  • These torpedoes would accelerate to their target at near lightspeed with an accuracy of 99.999%, carrying enough explosive power to destroy a moon.
Obviously there's RKE for the projectile itself, but I was wondering how I could calculate the luminosity needed for this.
Did you try the Mogo calc to gain a general idea for the formula involving luminosity feats? That kinda stuff is way out of my territory, but I am sure Executor or DT should be able to help you out.

I know how to calculate luminosity itself, since there's actually something on Omni for that.

It's more about radiation pressure (like solar sails, as an example), but without distance.

Uh, I think I may have asked this before but I forgot, what timeframe do we use for things that are stated to happen "instantly"/"faster than the eye can see"?

Yall got any idea how I'd get the mass of something like this? (The big spike ball thing)

Also, what shape should I use for this "crater"?

Yall got any idea how I'd get the mass of something like this? (The big spike ball thing)
  1. Split the object into 2 shapes like this
  2. Use pixel scaling and find the volume of the top part in m^3, using the volume formula for a cone (1/3*π*r^2*h)
  3. Use pixel scaling and find the volume of the bottom part in m^3, using the volume for a half-ellipsoid (2/3*pi*r*r*d)
  4. Add those two volumes together to find the total volume
  5. Search up the density of the material the object is made of in kg/m^3
  6. Multiply the volume of the object by the density of material to get the mass in kg

Also, what shape should I use for this "crater"?

Spherical cap. The volume formula is (1/3)π(3R – h)h^2

Yo, I need a bit of help here.

Anybody got any idea of what shape I should use to get the volume of this feat? Am thinking cylinder, but not sure. Also, ye, character shot through a helicopter - to be exact, it is a remote-controlled helicopter without any humans on-board but a helicopter nonetheless.

Yo, I need a bit of help here.

Anybody got any idea of what shape I should use to get the volume of this feat? Am thinking cylinder, but not sure. Also, ye, character shot through a helicopter - to be exact, it is a remote-controlled helicopter without any humans on-board but a helicopter nonetheless.

Looks like this should indeed use a cylinder but is there a panel of the helicopter before?

Hey, hey, I got a question... Anybody know the formula to calculate the attack potency of a plasma attack? Or is there no formula for it?

how i can calculate a miniaturized galaxy?

Hey, hey, I got a question... Anybody know the formula to calculate the attack potency of a plasma attack? Or is there no formula for it?
incalculable, unless there is pre-existing information, the Warhammer peeps used the heat and gas generated by their plasma weapons to get a high 8-C rating

but keep in mind that the heat from them had to be comparable to that of a star

Wanted to ask how you'd go about calcing someone ripping off something from a wall if the thing is screwed in

Ok then. Does anyone know how to apply higher gravity to existing feats? Ex: A 2 kiloton feat done under gravity 70 times that of Earth

Wanted to ask how you'd go about calcing someone ripping off something from a wall if the thing is screwed in
If you mean for AP, it would probably just be whichever is lower between the destruction (probably pulverization) of the tiny amount of wall between the screw’s threads or the energy needed to deform the screws enough that they get pulled out.

I found this page
The screw grades section lists yield strengths of different qualities of screw. So that times the volume of the screw would be roughly the energy to deform it.

If you mean for AP, it would probably just be whichever is lower between the destruction (probably pulverization) of the tiny amount of wall between the screw’s threads or the energy needed to deform the screws enough that they get pulled out.

I found this page
The screw grades section lists yield strengths of different qualities of screw. So that times the volume of the screw would be roughly the energy to deform it.
I want to calculate LS from it

Back