• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Is it like a real one that was shrunk down or like literally actual just tiny versions of celestial bodies

Someone asked the protagonist for space since she was sad, so the protagonist create a black Space with a galaxy of 4 meters and threw it at her

Welp, I have an embarrassing mess up with the wrong thread - but found something kewl, so no bigge - but I need someone help with this.

Explosion/Shockwave happened. Not sure if it fits the standard overpressure of 20 psi or 1.37895 bars, tho. Got any advice for it, guys?

Anime clip, if you need visual for it.

Also, one more thing... Anybody got any ideas on how to do this calc feat?

YALL!

A friend showed me this thing, and I was having a bit of trouble figuring out how to calc it.

Do you think I could accurately get the crater size by using the dead guys on the ground near the crater? That's currently what I'm thinking, but I'm unsure.

Welp, I haven't been here for awhile and have a question that needs to be asked... Simply put, is a building's length equal to a building's height? Need an answer to this, for... calc reasons.

Welp, I haven't been here for awhile and have a question that needs to be asked... Simply put, is a building's length equal to a building's height? Need an answer to this, for... calc reasons.
If you're using a rectangular prism volume, height or length could be the buildings height. However, the other two needs to be the buildings width (As a rectangular prism can be wider in one direction than the other)

Oh no, not that, Laser. Although, that fact is going to probably be helpful in the future for me. Basically, I have a big explosion in the air with high-rise buildings around it - problem is that the buildings are partly cut off nor are they seen before the big explsion so can't really use them, was thinking I could assume that the building's length is equal to its height to measure the size of the explosion.

Do you see any floors or windows of the skyscrapers? If so, I'd just use that.

If not, I'm kinda confused on what you're trying to say. Here's what I'd suggest though. If you can guesstimate the skyscrapers height, and the explosion engulfs the buildings, that means the explosion had to expand larger than the skyscraper is tall. So use that for your lowballed explosion diameter or radius (Whatever is more appropriate).

Question:

When, in say, a novel, a crater is created, and the depth is mentioned but not the diameter or radius, what do we assume the diameter to be, if anything at all?

Question:

When, in say, a novel, a crater is created, and the depth is mentioned but not the diameter or radius, what do we assume the diameter to be, if anything at all?
The diameter is at least as as the biggest thing that can get inside the crater. So if a human could fit in it, the "entrance" of the crater would at least need to be as big as the person. You could also try to reverse the 0.13 method to get diameter?

Haven't heard that before, but ill take your word for it. To do the reverse of the formula, instead of multiplying diameter by 0.13 to 0.2, you divide depth by 0.13 to 0.2

Is it calc stacking to calc gravity and use that to upgrade feats done with lower gravity behind the characters? For example to upgrade a mountain feat to country with gravity? I asked about the formula for applying higher gravity to feats(still haven’t gotten an answer)but I decided I might as well see if that is considered calc stacking.

That's not even calc stacking... thats just not how higher gravity works...
I already know how gravity works. I know that gravity doesn’t directly equal power(for example being human level in 3 times Earth’s gravity isn’t automatically three times as strong as base human, but you can’t tell me that higher gravity doesn’t make things stronger at all, because that is blatantly false. Gravity does indeed make things stronger in high enough amounts. This goes without saying. Wether it would be considered calc stacking is what I’m worried about(and the specific formula for gravity and the numeric values behind feats to see the outcome)

I could use some help with this unfamiliar feat I've come across.

How would I go about calculating the damage at the bottom of the image?

I could use some help with this unfamiliar feat I've come across.

How would I go about calculating the damage at the bottom of the image?

First find the volume of the fragmented ground in cm^3 by using pixel scaling. Multiple that by 8.

Second, Find the mass of the water split by finding the volume in m^3 then multiply the volume by 1020 kg/m^3 (salt water density)

Find the volume by pixel scaling the width of the split, multiply that by the length of the split (use ang sizing to find this), multiple that by 3682 (average ocean depth). The result of that will be the volume of the water split in m^3.

Next, find the height of the splash by using pixel scaling.

After you get both the mass of the water and the height of the splash, use a suitable timeframe for how long it took the water to splash that high in order to find the speed of the water.

Once you get the speed and mass of the water, plug those numbers into the Kinetic Energy Formula.

Once you do that, add the KE of the water with the energy needed to fragment the ground for the final result.

Would you mind if I showed you the calc once it's finished, to see if there are any errors made?

One more thing(let me know if I'm annoying you), how exactly should I get the volume of the ground split? It doesn't seem to have any real shape, so I don't know what formula I'd use to find the volume.

One more thing(let me know if I'm annoying you), how exactly should I get the volume of the ground split? It doesn't seem to have any real shape, so I don't know what formula I'd use to find the volume.
You're calcing the open area in the ocean.

If you're referring to effected area before the split reaches the ocean, just use rectangular prism.

Back