• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Yo. Need a little help here. A character made a large hole in a skyscaper while fighting, and don't know the best shape to get its volume.

Any tips?

BTW, I have re-done the calculation for creating a dimension with a Sun and Star inside of it, assuming the Sun to be at the epicenter and the Earth at the edge.

It's quite a dip from last time, barely 2x above baseline 4-C.

A lot of verses will need to have their calcs changed if they have a feat like this (Creation feats involving having the Earth at the center and Sun at the edge being 4-B is perfectly fine however, that can remain). Not sure where Kaltias screwed up in the brackets, but there you go. It was accepted by DontTalkDT personally, and I used the AU end as per his recommendation.

I am however, absolutely dogshit at making CRTs, so any assistance in this regard would be greatly helpful.

Here it is in a rough calc - (1/2)π(7.46398705)^2(4.64425862) = 406.422766 m^3 [Got these values by assuming that the person who is 58px(?) is 50.5 inches, or 1.2827 meters (I am 70% that is 10yr old Ben), or average 10 yr old height, since I don't know if he has a canon height.]

Crater looks to be rocky and there doesn't seem to be any remains, so I'm assuming pulv end for rocks (214 J/cc)...

Adding that up altogether... 406.422766 m^3 * 214 J/cc = 86974471924 joules, or 20.787397687 Tons (City Block). Could be wrong, tho. So tell me if I made an ass of mine or not by assuming.

Here it is in a rough calc - (1/2)π(7.46398705)^2(4.64425862) = 406.422766 m^3 [Got these values by assuming that the person who is 58px(?) is 50.5 inches, or 1.2827 meters (I am 70% that is 10yr old Ben), or average 10 yr old height, since I don't know if he has a canon height.]

Crater looks to be rocky and there doesn't seem to be any remains, so I'm assuming pulv end for rocks (214 J/cc)...

Adding that up altogether... 406.422766 m^3 * 214 J/cc = 86974471924 joules, or 20.787397687 Tons (City Block). Could be wrong, tho. So tell me if I made an ass of mine or not by assuming.
Correct.
I was thinking if we could scale this to the durability of the Pod

Yo, can I have a little help here.

A LS feat I am trying to calc. Any idea of the big rock's shape? There's also another smaller rock too.

Yo, I need quick confirmation for something.

If one explicitly has the power to manipulate light, uses an actual flashlight and laser pointers to obtain a source of light to manipulate, travel in a straight light, and the beams of light manipulate don't explode upon contact (nor can be touched) but rather "cuts" things via intense heat - does it qualify for SoL attack speed?

Asking since this is due to a calc - basically, as you assumed, a character has a weapon that fits all of the things that I said about and the character that they were trying to defeat was able to react and dodge the light-based attacks.

Before you ask, this is in a verse in the wiki, which already has characters that are within the Relativistic speed range, what I am trying to do is find more Relativistic feats for 'em. And I am trying to get everyone's opinions before calcing this stuff.

If one explicitly has the power to manipulate light, uses an actual flashlight and laser pointers to obtain a source of light to manipulate, travel in a straight light, and the beams of light manipulate don't explode upon contact (nor can be touched) but rather "cuts" things via intense heat - does it qualify for SoL attack speed?
Yes.

Yo, my homies. Resident dipshit here for a calc question

How would I get the depth of this crater?

Yo, my homies. Resident dipshit here for a calc question

How would I get the depth of this crater?

If there is absolutely no other panel showing the crater, then just find its diameter and multiply it by 0.2 in order to get a suitable estimate for the depth.

This is the only panel, yeah.

My first assumption was to do what you said since I know that's what we'd usually do, but I wanted to see if there was some other way. Thanks for confirming.

Made a calc in a google doc and wanna see if it's right before I blog it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Made a calc in a google doc and wanna see if it's right before I blog it. Any feedback is appreciated.
This makes no sense to me. The spear isn't even in the panel where the crater is so why would you use its length to find the size of the crater?

The spear is what is lodged in the crater, though. The spear was thrown to make it.
Are you sure? These two things don't look similar at all.

Also, using 0.00440407634 meters per px only works for the scan that you PX the original size of the spear. If this thing is that same spear, you would have to pixel scale it in that image and find the meters per px there.

Are you sure? These two things don't look similar at all.
I can 100% guarantee you that the thing lodged in the crater and the spear the buff guy is holding are the exact same things.

I'll follow the advice you gave me, though. I knew something was off about the calc from the start.

The spear is drawn at an angle in the panel, which would explain its somewhat warped length.

The spear is drawn at an angle in the panel, which would explain its somewhat warped length.
Ohhhhh I think I get it now.

1. Use the found length of the spear to find the width of the spear using pixel scaling (this panel)
2. Use your found spear width to find the diameter of the crater (this panel).

Make sure that for the second part, you pixel scale the part of the speak closest to the crater (something like this)

Back