• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Okay guys this is my last calc question of the day I promise, and it's pretty simple:

What formula/shape do I use for this to get the volume?

Diameter = Width of the gauntlet thing

Depth = Length of the second section on the gauntlet thing

Use the half-ellipsoid formula like Fanta said.

Yeah I already figured out the diameter crap, I just needed the shape/formula.

That's all, thx.

Okay guys this is my last calc question of the day I promise, and it's pretty simple:

What formula/shape do I use for this to get the volume?

Seems cylindrical in nature, blocks are coming out of it.

Is there a different formula for that? I was told to use the formula for a half-ellipsoid.

I think from where we're driving this, I think what's being implied is an elliptical cylinder. Basically calculate the area = pi*Axis a*Axis b then multiply by the thickness of the fragments coming out.

Last edited:
But uh, I'll make two ends: One for a half-ellipsoid and one for an Elliptical Cylinder and see what the calc gods prefer most.

Elliptical cylinder

pi * (side a/2) * (side b/2) * thickness
I heavily disagree with the crater being a elliptical cylinder. It looks much more like a half-ellipsoid. Even just looking at the gauntlet that made the crater, it being a half-ellipsoid makes so much more sense.

TBH if it was a half-ellipsoid It'd be better cause Elliptical cylinders look different and I don't like things that look hard.

I also have a similar question to the above: What's the timeframe we assume when somebody disappears from a person's sight? The blink of an eye, or something else?

The crater is caused by the shockwave of K'Sante's blow sending the creature flying, afaik he doesnt have a canon height yet but maybe average human height could do
NGL i would hold off on it if height is a major factor in this, seeing as One Piece-style giant humans canonically exist in LoL, K'sante could be well over 10 feet tall

what about this?

22:03 to 23:36

Pixel Scale the Diameter of each pillar and divide by 2 for their total radii

Use the formula for ground explosions: W = R^3*((27136*P + 8649)^(1/2)/13568 - 93/13568)^2

Where W is yield in tons of tnt, R is radius in meters, and P is pressure of the shockwave in bars, the standard overpressure is 20 psi or 1.37895 bars.

Pixel Scale the Diameter of each pillar and divide by 2 for their total radii

Use the formula for ground explosions: W = R^3*((27136*P + 8649)^(1/2)/13568 - 93/13568)^2

Where W is yield in tons of tnt, R is radius in meters, and P is pressure of the shockwave in bars, the standard overpressure is 20 psi or 1.37895 bars.
Ok

Back