• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble with the pixel scaling. Specifically, with scaling the height of Soso(the girl performing the feat), she's positioned weirdly so it's difficult for me to get a straight line, and it's hard to find other full-body images for her where I can scale her properly.

How would I go about pixel scaling a character weirdly positioned like this?

Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble with the pixel scaling. Specifically, with scaling the height of Soso(the girl performing the feat), she's positioned weirdly so it's difficult for me to get a straight line, and it's hard to find other full-body images for her where I can scale her properly.

How would I go about pixel scaling a character weirdly positioned like this?
Go from the bottom of her foot to the top of her head

It should look something like this
Screen_Shot_2022-10-14_at_11.18.35_PM.png

😶 oh. Well what I got is close enough to that so I'll just show you once I've finished the entire calc.

And, just to confirm, the thickness of the fragments you pointed out in cm would be the depth of the crater, right? Sorta confused on that specific part.

Here's the final version of the calc in a google doc. I am ready to be berated about how much my math sucks.

Here's the final version of the calc in a google doc. I am ready to be berated about how much my math sucks.
It looks perfect. Wouldn't change a thing.

You should upload it to a blog and get it accepted.

Hi, I'm back 👀

Not asking how to do an entire calc this time, but a friend asked me to do something for him, and I'm having a bit of trouble based on the images he gave me.

How do you think I'd find the depth of the crater? I've got everything else worked out, but I'm stumped on how I'd scale depth.

Hi, I'm back 👀

Not asking how to do an entire calc this time, but a friend asked me to do something for him, and I'm having a bit of trouble based on the images he gave me.

How do you think I'd find the depth of the crater? I've got everything else worked out, but I'm stumped on how I'd scale depth.
I've been told they're generally 0.2 to 0.1 times their diameter

Legit? 🤔🤔🤔 Sounds interesting. If there's no other alternative I may go with that, but I'll wait.

Spherical cap if they are a perfect circle. Semi-ellipsoid if they have some uneven-ness.

As for depth, usually it's 0.1-0.2x based on some documents regarding lunar craters from NASA as a baseline but usually it's better to try and calculate the depth yourself if the visuals allow for it.
here's a source right here from kay lool

Odd question, which I vaguely think I asked KLOL a variation of. Have a chara that ran through three walls at the same time in one scene - they weren't super close, they were like a few meters apart, nevertheless, do I multiply the result by the number of walls that were destroyed at the same time or no and just assume the result without multiplying it?

Odd question, which I vaguely think I asked KLOL a variation of. Have a chara that ran through three walls at the same time in one scene - they weren't super close, they were like a few meters apart, nevertheless, do I multiply the result by the number of walls that were destroyed at the same time or no and just assume the result without multiplying it?
If it's just running, don't, calculate the yield of the biggest single wall and scale them to that.

If this were one single movement tho, like flying or a throw, then you calculate the number of walls involved.

I'd rather you explain to me what to do. I want to learn, after all.
Alright.

So I already set everything up for you and all you have to do now is just pixel scale the images I gave you.

The entire wall is a cylindrical shell, but finding the entire volume isn't going to work as only part of the wall was destroyed. We need to find the ratio.

• In order to do that, You’ll need to multiply by the number of degrees that span the section and divide by 360 degrees. (I did this for you and got 74 degrees)
  • 74/360 = 0.205555556. This is your ratio. You will need this later.
  • Use this image. You’re going to need to find the outer (R) and inner (r) radii in centimeters by measuring the middle of the ring to the inner edge of the wall and measuring the middle of the ring to the outer edge of the wall. Do this by finding the size of the woman's leg. Use it as a reference.
  • Once you do that, use this formula to find the volume of the part of the wall that was destroyed: Ratio * pi * h * (R^2 - r^2)
  • Once you find the volume in cm^3, multiply that by 8 (fragmentation value of stone in J/cc)

That is your answer in Joules

Yeah, that definitely seems to be quite beyond my level lol. I'll see what I can do, though.

In this calculation, would be there be a way to account for the fact that the roots themselves aren't moving at a uniform speed? I don't have a calculated speed for the bottom of the root, though.

Last edited:
Okay guys this is my last calc question of the day I promise, and it's pretty simple:

What formula/shape do I use for this to get the volume?

Calcing stuff is honestly much more fun for it than making vs. matches, tbh. And to think, that I even made an account here only to make fun match-ups in my head. Heh. On an unrelated note, I am honestly curious on how folks can calculate throwing feats in manga and get the speed for said thrown things.
Okay guys this is my last calc question of the day I promise, and it's pretty simple:

What formula/shape do I use for this to get the volume?

Hmm. This might be me being dumb, but I think a half-ellipsoid (2/3*pi*r*r*d = answer in cm^3) can work. Could be wrong tho.

Back