• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

You can use the equation Kachon gave to find the initial rKE and final rKE, then take the difference in those to find the energy the character applied.
OK

ALSO, I can calculate the distance from one planet to another using the time it takes for a Normal rocket to arrive?

A character causes the ground to rip open and splits it in two halfs
How do I calc that?
Find the area of the split in m^2 (A)

Multiply A by 60 Mpa (60000000 N/m2)

Multiple that by the value to change tensile to shear force 0.6

Multiply your answer by diameter of the total area displaced (∆x)

The final formula would look like this: (A*60000000*.6)∆x = answer in Joules

Question. On what you said to answer Emerald's question, does it apply to my question as well? Or just a slightly different variation of the formula you gave?

Hey, hey, fanta here. Anybody has any idea on how I can calc this feat?

Find the radius of the crater (length-wise)

Find the depth (just use the average thickness of a person their age's back)

Since the crater is a half-ellipsoid, use this formula to find the volume of the crater: 2/3*pi*r*r*d = answer in cm^3

Multiply the volume by 655 J/cc (average destruction value of steel) and that is the result in Joules

Question. On what you said to answer Emerald's question, does it apply to my question as well? Or just a slightly different variation of the formula you gave?

Since the crater is a half-ellipsoid, use this formula to find the volume of the crater: 2/3*pi*r*r*d = answer in cm^3

Multiply the volume by 655 J/cc (average destruction value of steel) and that is the result in Joules

This is yield strength, not v. frag. The steel panel's linework is also relatively intact, if it was v. fragged something that thin would be torn to tiny metal shards.

Find the area of the split in m^2 (A)

Multiply A by 60 Mpa (60000000 N/m2)

Multiple that by the value to change tensile to shear force 0.6

Multiply your answer by diameter of the total area displaced (∆x)

The final formula would look like this: (A*60000000*.6)∆x = answer in Joules
We don't allow that method for splits or cutting feats like this anymore. It was rejected on the Demon Slayer cutting blog.

Splitting in general is considered incalculable simply because of its wildy upredictable formation.

But as a low-ball, just find the volume of the split (Width of the crack, depth of the crack, length of the crack) and then multiply it with the destruction value based on how severe the destruction is.

Yield strength is 350 MPa, right? And the only thing I have the change from what Kachon told me to do is not use 655 J/cc? Just making sure right now so I don't ask dumb questions later on.

I got a hypothetical question that needs to be answered. Say you have a feat that has one character destroy something. In text, so no visuals, however, the thing in question that was destroyed was described as something that can be found in real-life and you can use low-ball height and width, but, well... can't find thickness/depth anywhere since there is no standard for it irl.

What can I do? Just assume the thickness of whatever body part was used to break the thing, or is there some other way?

I got a hypothetical question that needs to be answered. Say you have a feat that has one character destroy something. In text, so no visuals, however, the thing in question that was destroyed was described as something that can be found in real-life and you can use low-ball height and width, but, well... can't find thickness/depth anywhere since there is no standard for it irl.

What can I do? Just assume the thickness of whatever body part was used to break the thing, or is there some other way?
Can you send the text? I'm having a hard time understanding what you mean.

Here you go. If you don't want to follow the link, basically, a character jumped out of a vehicle to slam forehead-first into the side window of a school bus to break through it and get inside said bus. From my own research, bus windows, are made out of tempered glass, so it should be calc it by using the frag values for ballistic glass or smth, according to a convo I had with KLOL a while back.

Can probably do the crater if the creature that made it has a canon height - or if it was standing and/or nearby a character with a canon height in another shot - but don't think the cloud feat can be calced atm due to cloud revisions

Here you go. If you don't want to follow the link, basically, a character jumped out of a vehicle to slam forehead-first into the side window of a school bus to break through it and get inside said bus. From my own research, bus windows, are made out of tempered glass, so it should be calc it by using the frag values for ballistic glass or smth, according to a convo I had with KLOL a while back.
Should I just assume the width and thickness is the same, for simplicity's sake?
Yeah that would work.

Can probably do the crater if the creature that made it has a canon height - or if it was standing and/or nearby a character with a canon height in another shot - but don't think the cloud feat can be calced atm due to cloud revisions
The crater is caused by the shockwave of K'Sante's blow sending the creature flying, afaik he doesnt have a canon height yet but maybe average human height could do

this (Yeah I already made a thread where it was accepted to use the series, if you ask), Keep in mind that he only gave the thrust, the rest of the planets were moved by the generated thrust and the connection of the planets, so it only scales to the first moments of the movement, the rest I(with help of @DarlingAurora) have already calculated as preparation/chain reaction
Find the circumference of the Earth, divide that by two, find a timeframe, and then use Kinetic Energy formula.

Find the circumference of the Earth, divide that by two, find a timeframe, and then use Kinetic Energy formula.
Is it well done or not?

the circumference of the Earth is 40,075 km | 40,075,000 m

now divide that by two 40,075,000/2=20,037,500

Timeframe: 08:42:42-08:41:09=1.33/20,037,500=15065789.5m

Earth Mass: 5.972 × 10^24 kg

K.E. = 1/2 m v2

K.E= 1/2*5.97200e24*15065789.5^2=6.77756348e38 J or 161.987655 Ninatos (Nigh 5-A)

How would I go about trying to calculate something like this? (Feat is from Infinite Leveling: Murim, Chapter 8)
  • Use pixel scaling to find the diameter of the crater in centimeters by using the woman as a reference
  • Divide the diameter by 2 in order to find the radius (r)
  • Find the depth of the crater (d) in centimeters by pixel scaling the thickness of either of these fragments still using the woman as a reference
  • Plug in the radius and depth numbers into this formula (volume of a half-ellipsoid): 2/3*pi*r*r*d
  • Multiple the volume (should be in cm^3) by 8, as that is the fragmentation value in J/cc of stone.
  • That is your answer in joules

Back