• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Question, so a character is capable of releasing a 3000° Celcius hot energy that can vaporise 2 human instantly, and destroying a building behind them. I know that vaporising a human is a 9-A feat but how do we quantify the destruction of the building? the method and size are unknown.

Welp, I found a few interesting feats for a 9-C in a respect thread for 'em that are clearly not 9-C. Falling about twenty-to-fourty stories, then falls another three stories. Gets kicked by a horse. Getting launched 700 meters into a body of water with enough force for him to skip across a large body of water several times before making a water explosion. Enduring the force of a punch that sent a woman 2km or 3km away. And lastly, getting hit by a 500m radius explosion that ended up with him launched 200m into the air by its sheer force.

I wonder if I should put this in one user blog or just make seperate user blog for all these calcs... Advice, guys?

Should I use a half cylinder to get the volume of the floor destroyed here? Or is there a better shape that's similar to a half cylinder that'd work better to get the volume?

Hard to say. Cells denature rapidly at a certain temperature, key elements in the body would do so much faster.
I see. But for the context, there’s a character that withstood a 50000 Volt electric shock which was stated being able to burn a human to a crisp

Hey, so... What's the progress on this cloud revision I have been hearing about? Also, anybody got any idea for when it'll be applied?

I see. But for the context, there’s a character that withstood a 50000 Volt electric shock which was stated being able to burn a human to a crisp
For this, do you think that using an amp of 0.1 to 0.2 is fine considering that this is already lethal for humans?

Need a little help here.

Basically, I am trying to find the volume of these big ass cages so I can find their weight to do a calc, but I don't know how to account for its hollowness that it has for, y'know, being a cage. Got any advice, guys?

It takes more effort, but you can just measure each part individually. Get the height and width of 1 bar, and multiply that by how many bars there are. For the bottom of the cage, get the width and height and use cylinder formula. For roof of cage, do the same for the two smaller cylindrical pieces.

Thank you, Laser! Also, one more question! So... if one hits something and it is sent flying, even if it isn't clearly shown due to limitations, it counts as a kinetic energy feat, right?

Thank you, Laser! Also, one more question! So... if one hits something and it is sent flying, even if it isn't clearly shown due to limitations, it counts as a kinetic energy feat, right?
If they hit the something, and it's sent flying, yes, it's qualified for KE. However, if we don't see the object sent flying as it's an offscreen feat, you'd probs just wanna use PE of the object.

Potential energy = mass*9.81*height the object would've fallen from

If the height it would've fallen from is unknown, then uhh... you'd prolly have to do

Potential energy = mass*9.81*height of center of gravity

Thanks for being helpful, Laser! ... Welp, I am already shamelessly asking you for help, so, I should use this while I can!

I got three feats.

One of them is a person getting yeeted at the speed of a cannonball to get plunged several hundred meters down into a body of water, where upon colliding with water, skips across the water's surface three times before sinking underneath a cruiser.

Another one of them is a person who tries to stop an explosion but the sheer force of it throws him up 200 meters into the sky near-instantly.

And the last one is a person falling 20-to-40 stories to dropkick someone.

I am pretty sure the first and three is probably applicable to kinetic energy formula, but got any idea on how to handle a feat in where somebody gets throw 200 meters into the sky - and is that even calcable?

One of them is a person getting yeeted at the speed of a cannonball to get plunged several hundred meters down into a body of water, where upon colliding with water, skips across the water's surface three times before sinking underneath a cruiser.
I think there's a mass limit for where KE can be used. There's some arbitrary limit or smth where if something doesn't at least weigh blank amount of kilograms, you can't use KE. I dunno if a person reaches that level of mass for it to apply. If it is, I could probs calc that.
Another one of them is a person who tries to stop an explosion but the sheer force of it throws him up 200 meters into the sky near-instantly.
I could calc that, and if he wasn't near the center of the explosion when launched that high, the explosion itself would be fairly above the energy required to send him that high.
And the last one is a person falling 20-to-40 stories to dropkick someone.
Seems simple.
I am pretty sure the first and three is probably applicable to kinetic energy formula, but got any idea on how to handle a feat in where somebody gets throw 200 meters into the sky - and is that even calcable?
Yes, it should be calcable. You can DM me the feats to avoid clogging up the thread too much. However, it is VERY late for me, so I'll have to calc the feats tomorrow or at a later time.

I can calc them myself, but'll probably DM you later to get your opinion on the results I get. Also, character who endured this feat doesn't have a confirmed weight, but he has a height of 168cm, and using google, I can get a low-ball weight of 56kg.

Question. Basically, I have a cloud calc that was accepted and I'd planned to use it in a CRT, however, when it was approved, cloud revisions didn't have much steam and/or wasn't very important, and the cloud revision (in my non-mod view) aren't really going anywhere, so... is it possible to use it in a CRT, and then when the cloud revision is applied, make a new calc with the new cloud revision stuff and make a CRT for it?

Something that @LaserPrecision said to me had prompted me to ask this.

Yo, I need some help. Found this interesting formula. E = U * I * t. Basically, I got a character who was struck by an electrical attack, and want to know if the formula I gave could be used to get their durability from tanking said electrical attack.

Edit: Already got the needed values, volts and possibly amps, so no worries there.

Yo, I need some help. Found this interesting formula. E = U * I * t. Basically, I got a character who was struck by an electrical attack, and want to know if the formula I gave could be used to get their durability from tanking said electrical attack.

Edit: Already got the needed values, volts and possibly amps, so no worries there.
How did you get the amps?

Also the following conditions need to be met to scale to said attack.

1. The character cannot be touching the ground when struck by said attack.

2. Melee fighting range must be maintained between the bolt and would-be victim

3. (Optional) The target must have heavily bruised-and-bloodied skin, as that lowers the electrical resistance. The lower the resistance, the higher the voltage taken, and the higher the energy yield.

Hm. Does touching the ground lower the result by a lot, I have to ask? Also for the second condition, the feat I have in mind has the character and his attacker have forehead-to-forehead contact to deliver the electrical shock.

Hm. Does touching the ground lower the result by a lot, I have to ask?
Yeah, it's called grounding. Meaning it all dissipates safely into the ground without ever getting the chance to electrocute you with its full-power. So effectively it'd be reduced to the point where it'd effectively be none of the energy yield being taken at all. The firepower itself gets nuked.

Also for the second condition, the feat I have in mind has the character and his attacker have forehead-to-forehead contact to deliver the electrical shock.
Without being in mid-air I'm afraid a distance even as close as this loses all meaning.

Hm. Would it help with the attack potency of the attacker? They have a profile in the wiki already, and a calc for their electrical attacks but it was at a bigger distance than the forehead-to-forehead contact one that I am mentioning now, so that might help them by a bit.

Hm. Would it help with the attack potency of the attacker? They have a profile in the wiki already, and a calc for their electrical attacks but it was at a bigger distance than the forehead-to-forehead contact one that I am mentioning now, so that might help them by a bit.
Maybe for the attacks, but scaling to it will require the other end of the bolt to have a target be in mid-air.

Thanks for the help, KLOL, this will help the character by a bit! Now, can you possibly answer the question I had before I asked about electrical attacks? The one about using cloud calc for a CRT, even with the on-going (?) cloud revision, and just making a new calc and following CRT to apply the revised cloud calc rules... Lol, jk, while I do await an answer to my question, I can wait.

how i can calculate change (not stop) in the rotation of earth and saturn?
Not sure about changing it, but if you want to calc the new rotation, you can use this formula:

KE of the planets rotation = (1/2) * I * ω^2 = (1/5) * M * R^2 * (2 pi / length of day in seconds)^2

Back