• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Calculations Discussion Thread

Hi everyone. Do yall know any formula for sucking in fog but not exploding from inside? Please tell if you know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, my fellow nerds and nerdettes. I'm a tiny brained little baby here wanting to learn how to do math. And I've got this little thing I wanna start on, and I was hoping I could get some advice.

This is the exact image of the feat. Basically big ass slash in the ground, presumably stone.

I'd like some help with finding the yield of this feat.

Hello, my fellow nerds and nerdettes. I'm a tiny brained little baby here wanting to learn how to do math. And I've got this little thing I wanna start on, and I was hoping I could get some advice.

This is the exact image of the feat. Basically big ass slash in the ground, presumably stone.

I'd like some help with finding the yield of this feat.
How tall is the person? you could search the depth and the width with the foot

No idea, but I could find out cause I can get a couple full-body images of him and scale with that.

Fella's 20px
Image's 425px tall
assume the fella's 171cm which is the world average
  • Distance from point of view to object = object size * panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]
  • Distance from point of view to object = 1.71*425/(20*2*tan(70deg/2))=25.9476640975 meters
so that's the length of the slash.
The depth is tougher to gouge but it is possible.
i took a section closer to the middle but also close to the sword dude.
hypothenuse from the bottom to the rim is 33px, the slash is 14px*2 long and 30px deep.
171/20*=8.55cm/px
8.55*30=256.5cm
8.55*28=239.4cm

I took the middle section cause the slash visually expands due to getting closer while it's beginning was further.

So we have a slash that is approximately 25.9476640975 meters long, 2.565 meters wide and 2.394 meters deep.

this is what i could get, the rest is up to you. This volume is problematic due to it being a pyramid that has different sides so good luck with that.

Yeah there ain't no way I was gonna be able to get all that :oops:

Thanks. I'll see what I can do on my own and come back here if I need any help.

Yeah there ain't no way I was gonna be able to get all that :oops:

Thanks. I'll see what I can do on my own and come back here if I need any help.
i made a post asking on r/math the formula to get the volume of the goofy ahh sword shape that you have

It is a pretty goofy ahh sword yeah.

I have a volume calculator on hand, so I'll just assume that the shape is a square pyramid and plug in the values.

It is a pretty goofy ahh sword yeah.

I have a volume calculator on hand, so I'll just assume that the shape is a square pyramid and plug in the values.
bruh it ain't a square pyramid it literally has 3 sides and not 4 bro where've you been during math class?

It's official that I ain't got no idea wtf I'm doing, but I'll figure it out. BRB in 13 hours.

Because of the POV of the screen, finding the distance between us and Fella via angsizing would be an inaccurate way to determine the length of the slash.

To help you better understand, I will be using this image as an example.

The POV is at Angle β, and Fella is at Angle α. Angsizing would be finding the length of Side c, when the length of the slash would be Side b.

A better way of finding the length of the slash would be pixel scaling Fella and comparing it to the length of one of the squares next to him. Then, pixel scale each individual square side-by-side with the slash and find the length that way.

Goat.

I think I can do some decent pixel scaling, so, I'll try out you're suggestion and see what I get.

Hey gamers wanted to ask how y'all would scale this explosion that made this massive crater
1. Pixel scale the diameter of the crater by comparing it to the mountain on the left of the screen (average mountain size is 609.6 meters)
2. Divide that by 2 to find the radius
3. Pixel scale and find the height of the crater using the walls of crater
4. Find the volume of the crater in cm^3 using the volume formula for a cylinder (or just use this calculator)
5. Use 2 ends. Vaporization of rock (multiply the found volume by 25700 and thats the results in joules) and Pulverization of rock (multiply the found volume by 214 and thats the results in joules)

1. Pixel scale the diameter of the crater by comparing it to the height of the warrior. Pixel scale from his foot-knee, then knee-hip, then hip-head. Add all of these together
2. Divide by 2 to find the radius
3. Multiply the diameter of the crater by 0.25 to a safe assumption for it's depth, as thats what the site uses when there isn't a good shot.
4. Use this formula: 2/3*pi*radius*radius*depth, to find the volume of the crater
5.Multiple the volume by 8, as that is the volume for fragmentation of rock, and that is the result in joules

1. Pixel scale the diameter of the crater by comparing it to the mountain on the left of the screen (average mountain size is 609.6 meters)
2. Divide that by 2 to find the radius
3. Pixel scale and find the height of the crater using the walls of crater
4. Find the volume of the crater in cm^3 using the volume formula for a cylinder (or just use this calculator)
5. Use 2 ends. Vaporization of rock (multiply the found volume by 25700 and thats the results in joules) and Pulverization of rock (multiply the found volume by 214 and thats the results in joules)
You forgot that the dude wasn't at the epicenter when the boom happened. Inverse-square law would take over.

3. Multiply the diameter of the crater by 0.25 to a safe assumption for it's depth, as thats what the site uses when there isn't a good shot.
0.1-0.2 is what we use as per the NASA documents, not 0.25.

Back