• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
During the fight with Kaec.. Kace.. Ka... Ka.. Horrible make-up yellow man he fought with Dr Strange. During their fight, time was reversed showing one of the best reverse destructive scenes of movie history as of now. Don't lie to me, you know it to be true. Never has been reverse destruction done before.

Joking aside, here's where the revision comes in.

Doctor Strange reverses time and makes everyone else go backward except him and his pal, and then Wong. HIs enemies who has great names also start to follow the time is reversed and thus it flows backwards, but they end up freeing themselves from the time manipulation. Considering they had the power received from Dormamu, it seems safe to say they have time manipulation resistance.

To add on, the time reversal ends when the leading enemy team stops time, and Strange resists it alongside his pals.

So overall, just some general time manipulation resistance for our sorcerers here in Marvel.

What do you mean? Kaecillius (spelling?) literally escaped from the time stone's time reversal and blatantly stayed "unstopped" when everything else stopped.

Strange obviously did not intentionally stop time therefore Wong and Mordo should've been stopped along with everyone else. Strange with more experience would scale (Ragnorak Strange)

I don't think there are profiles for all those side characters. Basically,

Strange gets resistance to time stop and

Kaecilius gets resistance to time manipulation (was able to function normally even when Strange was rewinding time)

I'll apply the changes if a staff member gives an approval.

Oh, almost forgot Mordo. I can't find Wong's profile though.

What would be the reasoning for Ancient One?

Wong doesn't have one but for future reference. The Ancient One being a master and much more skilled than Mordo and Wong would scale.

Not just that, she scales from mimicking the same ability. Gaining the same ability as Kaec but being more skilled with it. She got it from the Dark one too after all.

To add further justification to this, Wong says the book of Cagliostro (did I spell that right?), which Kaecilius got the page from, is about the study of time.

@Akm

She also studies specific magic far beyond the capabilities of her students, and has also mastered it, which Kaecilius can't even do perfectly. She should not only have all their abilities, but be vastly superior at them.

This is shown in the scene where Strange meets Wong, who says that she has her own shelf of books due to how advanced her magic and skill as the sorcerer supreme is.

I totally get what you guys are saying. And I personally 100% agree with it too.

The problem is, resistance scaling is not something this site does. If the character has shown it only then it appears in the profile. I don't agree with this logic but that's what this site follows.

Time Stop in DB

Yea, but let's not derail.

Well so far no is in disagreement, even multiple staff so scalingthe resistances shouldn't be a problem

I think it's more like this is basically them getting the same powerset from the same source instead of like in OPM or something regarding tk resistance via sheer force of will that's very debatable. Here there's actually something connecting them.

that momo ava :33

But yeah anything else?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
that momo ava :33
OvO

Well I updated Strange, Kaecilius and Mordo.

We should preferably wait for more input by the staff members for Ancient One's case because that's a little controversial.

It's really not though. She's superior to all of them in the movie and she gets power the same way as Kaecilius. The fact that fodder sorcerers with Kaecilius were resistant to the effects of the time stone makes it more likely that someone as skilled as the Ancient Onee should also be resistant.

In any case shouldn't it be resistance to time manipulation instead of Time Stop? Kaecilius and fodder both resisted time reversal as well

Oh.

Also, to add to your point. She is also better versed in drawing power from the Dark Dimension as she can do it single handedly, unlike Kaecilius and his minions, who did the ritual together, and also managed to managed to do it without being Influenced by Dormammu. Though i did already somewhat mention this.

I wouldn't say so. He doesn't practise the mystic arts, especially not the Book of Cagliostro, nor does he ever resist time manipulation.

Back