• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nipponverse general discussion #2

the moon thingy is probably far higher than just Class Z, really.
my rough math (5.5 seconds to travel one Earth-Moon distance, accelerated over 1 second of pulling) puts it at High 5-A and Stellar LS.
knowing the english name of the skill would help - i can read SOME of the characters in the name but idunno what it's translated to.

edit: found it, Ifrit's Fire Moon Drop Shot
i lied it was Low 4-C and Stellar

@OverlordDonnelly
by pure chance, would you happen to have a youtube link to the part of Witch and Hundred Knight where Ryubence says there's infinite multiverses?
i know this imgur album exists but i just also want to see the context from before and after, i'm just kinda running through longplays on youtube now
Did you ever find it, because I have time to look now. Unfortunately I'm not very far in my first playthrough of W&tHK so I don't know a lot about its lore or have anything saved.

@OverlordDonnelly
by pure chance, would you happen to have a youtube link to the part of Witch and Hundred Knight where Ryubence says there's infinite multiverses?
i know this imgur album exists but i just also want to see the context from before and after, i'm just kinda running through longplays on youtube now
I don't have the specific part but I have the scenario if you want it

Edit: I haven't gone through WaTHK myself but I got the link for that scene

I don't have the specific part but I have the scenario if you want it

Edit: I haven't gone through WaTHK myself but I got the link for that scene
scenario?
and if you have the link it'd be appreciated
Did you ever find it, because I have time to look now. Unfortunately I'm not very far in my first playthrough of W&tHK so I don't know a lot about its lore or have anything saved.
not yet no

No problem, I've been wanting to help with the nippon profiles for a WHILE so glad I can do what I can

I actually think I have Disgaea 5 as well so case that needs to be checked whenever that is-

i think some of the profiles are using faulty multiplier logic going off of game stats alone ("movement goes from 5 to 32 which is a 6.4x speed amp") which is no bueno
unfortunately there is no one blog collating said used multipliers anywhere so i cannot go through them without manually filtering through old CRTs!

i checked the raws for what Pram says in Makai Kingdom's intro
Japanese RawsEnglish Game
世界は決して一つじゃない。
銀河系とかいう空間では 人類と呼ばれる生物が辺境の一惑星を 我が物顔で支配しているらしいけど・・・・・・
この多元宇宙に存在する数多の世界の中では、 そんなもの、塵ほどの価値もないわ。
それは禍々しき者どもが跳梁跋扈する この魔界においても同じこと。
There is, of course, more than one universe.
In one such world, in the corner of a backwater galaxy, humans rule over a senseless planet...
However, that's about as important as a speck of dust in this pluralistic cosmos.
Well, here in the Netherworld, things work the same way.

tl;dr 多元宇宙 which means multiverse, is translated to cosmos
checking now whether this is done consistently for all other mentions of it

alexander's 2-A rating might be a bit fake
it comes from his Bad Ending in Makai Kingdom where you lose the fight to him, so he's sad he doesn't have a rival and goes destroying worlds until the cosmos is empty
After defeating Lord Zetta, Alexander set upon destroying other worlds in search of another worty nemesis. However, the God of Destruction eventually realized there would never again be a foe as strong as Zetta. Looking back, he saw only shattered worlds and a wasted life. For billions of years, Alexander the God of Destruction wandered the empty cosmos...
i've tried to find the JP raws for this scene but BECAUSE it's a bad ending it's kinda hard to find i think? just searching "makai kingdom ending" in katakana on youtube but i haven't seen it

anyway my problem is more that it doesn't make sense for this to be him cosmology nuking EVERYTHING
it says "destroying other worlds in search of a worthy nemesis", i personally think him nuking universes one by one after searching within them for rivals makes more sense? but iunno.

@OverlordDonnelly @Ruler_Star_Kuma i believe there's another 2-A feat in Disgaea RPG with a fraction of Baal's power being stated to be "stronger than anything we've ever seen" while the protags are talking about a Prinny Bomb capable of making "every world collapse"
are there any OTHER 2-A feats you know of?

That's good. I was extremely worried that all of that information would become hard to translate at some point. It's probably in our best interest to save screenshots soon.

On an unrelated note, has there ever been any explicit statements about the cosmology besides it generally being 2A in size?

I've been trying to wrap my head around its structure. I know that Celestia is supposedly far larger than the average Netherworld, and netherworlds can be universal in size. There's also whatever is going on with the Prism Ranger TV show being a whole universe, yet still a TV Show.

Then there's the Xeno characters who I think come from another dimension, and the Carnage Dimension also exists, which mirrors the regular Cosmos.

Without even getting into possible higher interpretations like Guided Fate Paradox stuff, the Cosmology is larger than baseline 2A from what I can gather.
but if we're looking for potential tips on cosmology..

The Netherworld is seemingly a "planet" in the universe given the plot of D1, with there being a Netherworld in each universe within the multiverse.

so many attacks just being ridiculously huge in AoE is extremely funny to me.
"Adell opens by using Big Bang and creating a planet-sized black hole which turns into a universe-sized explosion, how does [character] deal with that"

so many attacks just being ridiculously huge in AoE is extremely funny to me.
"Adell opens by using Big Bang and creating a planet-sized black hole which turns into a universe-sized explosion, how does [character] deal with that"
Me and my friend were discussing that like 2 days ago, they found it so ridiculous how cartoonishly huge the AoE was for the fact it's SO MANY attacks

Back