• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So this is basically a series of questions that regards to the video game company we grew up and love. So here's the questions.

Question 1: What's your favorite Nintendo console? (mobile consoles are allowed)

Question 2: What's your favorite franchise in Nintendo?

Question 3: Which villain in the Nintendo franchise do you like the most and which villain had the most menacing minions in their respective games?

Question 4: When do you think Nintendo was at its prime?

Question 5: What Nintendo crossover game would you love to see? (besides Super Smash Bros.)

Question 6: If there's one thing you would change about anything Nintendo has done or made, what would it be?

Nintendo
Don't lie, you at some point loved their games.

Gotta kill some boredom here...

1. The Gamecube. It was pretty much my long time console prior to ones like the PS and Xbox.

2. Super Mario. Simple yet funny and pretty darn frustrating to play sometimes. ^^;

3. I'd say Ganondorf (albeit this is due to my limited knawledge, yes i said knawledge instead of knowledge :p). Guy doesn't play around when you fight him in the last.

4. Hmmm....probably when Mario became super popular in the 90's, i say.....yeah.

5. Legend of Zelda and Star Fox. One of my first crossovers i made 10+ years ago.

6. Bring back the Gamecube, please~

1: Gamecube

2: Uh......probably anything Kirby and Mario

3: Bowser, and Zero's Dark Matter army

4: Definitely the NES & SNES eras (The NES won it's generation handily, and the SNES had the epic war with the Genesis, then they kinda took a backseat to Sony until the Wii era)

5: Mario & Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (which sadly will never happen since THPS5 killed off the latter series)

6: Definitely their vicious stance towards fangames. (As long as the games aren't made for profit)

1. The Wii

2. No More Heroes

3. Bowser, he had some of the more memorable boss fights

4. Don't know ,Don't Care

5. Mario and Rayman perhaps

6. Try to add a new franchise. It's good to have classic characters but I also liked the later propel like Jack, Travis, and Bayonetta (if you count her). Honestly, I want to see some new blood.

1. Every Nintendo console is good, even the Wii U, the Virtual Boy was a good concept but it was too futuristic for the time (kinda...)

2. Pokemon, who dosen´t love those little Pocket Monsters

3. "A Fox... taking orders from a Dog. Is that really how you wanto to live your life boy?"

4. In the Wii era?

5. I think with Smash everyone is Happy

6. Let franchise as Metroid and F-Zero inbernate for too long and only use them as pure fan service

1. SNES or DS. I grew up with my brother in laws SNES and I had some geat memories with it. My favorite games were Sim City, Robo Cop vs Terminator (hard as hell, but fun), Super Mario World, Mario RPG and Final Fantasy 6. As I grew up, I got a lot more obscure Japanese games, like Wozz, Adventures at Hourai High and Legend of the Super Saiyan (all are awesome games, except maybe Legend pf the Super Saiyan)

I also love the DS, though I don't have as much to say about it. I pretty much made replaying Pokemon Black a yearly activity since the games launch and I still love the crap out of it.

2. My favorite Nintendo owned franchise is probably Pokemon. Magical is probably my favorite series on Nintendo though. They were made by Brownie Brown, who made Mother 3 so I guess it counts as a Nintendo series?

3. N from Pokemon Black is a goodie. Not really sure if he's really a villain, since he was manipulated the whole time but still. Sure, he's a bit simplistic (and BW2 ruined his character for me), but he's still an effective villain. Ghetsis is my second favorite for how diabolical he is. Giovanni is a close third.

4. I'd say SNES era. I know people who think their are no bad SNES games, and I can see why. Even horrible games from that era like Secret of the Stars and Wizard of Oz had redeeming qualities. I'd say the Gamecube era was pretty sweet too.

5. Pokemon and Digimon game please, it'll never happen for a plethora of reasons but it still be damn cool.

6. Got to agree with Skod. As long a fan games are made out of passion and not gain, they should be fine. I like how SEGA is actually officially supporting fan games nowadays though, with the SEGA romhack steam workshop and all.

KarmodF said:
1. Every Nintendo console is good, even the Wii U, the Virtual Boy was a good concept but it was too futuristic for the time (kinda...)
You can only pick one console.

As a side note, did you guys know the Virtual Boy still has an active fanbase? The homebrew scene is fairly large and theirs even some pretty complex software written for it, like a Gameboy Emulator.

1. SNES which had my greatest mario game (Super Mario World) i wish they made a 3D remake of the game. 2. Definitely Mario, probably will be the longest franchise running IMO 3. Hard to say, it has to be between Mario,LOZ,Metroid,Zenoblade,Earthbound And Kirby villains so idk lol 4.it still is. Nintendo hasn't so far died yet. 5.not sure. Probably Capcom (Marvel vs Capcom) heh 6.better WiFi

1. SNES, classic and has the best JRPGs, but the New 3DS is one of te greatest handhelds on earth

2. Dragon Quest, have been a fan of it since I was 6

3. Zoma is a symbol of Dragon Quest for how badass he is, but Nimzo's minions are by far the most menacing. Ladja, his secondhand man, is the type of villain you cry in happiness that he is killed.

4. Dragon Quest + Kid Icarus maybe?

5. From the release of Super Mario Bros. to ~1995 when Play station took the stage, so 1985-1995.

6. I would fix their Wii U to not just keep up, and would make them care more for other franchises and too not make it the family console, but instead the console that can fit any purpose.

Question 1: Gameboy color, which is because it was the only one I owned.

Question 2: Pokemon.

Question 3: Dunno. Bowser and his turtles and mushrooms that oneshot tiny Mario and tiny green Mario maybe?

Question 4: Either Pokemon or Mario, methinks.

Question 5: Dunno. I barely know any.

Question 6: The cartridge.

1. I have extremely fond memories with the GC, Wii, GBA SP, and a fake NES. But I got to give it to the 3DS.

2. This should be frankly obvi- *Remembers Pokemon Adventures. Metroid All 3 "canons" and PKMN Adventures, can't decide between them.

3. Dark Samus during the final fight on Dark Aether, with Invulnerability, invisibility and 5 minutes til death pumps up adrenaline man.

4. 2002-2004

5. Chibi Metroid and Super Mario-Kun

6. M.O.M.

I think someone here understands what I'm talking about.

1. Nearly impossible to decide, but I think the 3DS might actually win out.

2.Really tough one. Probably Pokemon, LoZ, and the Mario RPG series (SMRPG, Mario and Luigi, and Paper Mario...except Sticker Star because **** Sticker Star). Metroid and Kirby are also way up there.

3. Really tough one, so I'll list a few who really stand out to me.

• Dimentio - Easily one of the best Nintendo villains. Period. He's a charming megalomaniac who is perfectly willing to play the roll of the jester until the time finally comes and he takes center stage, setting up a multiversal armageddon for little more than to fuel his own fantasies of watching everything burn. His partners in crime (at least until he turned on them) were also memorable.
  • Majora - Like Dimentio, but even more unhinged. Chaos in a very pure form, as the entity really is like a child playing with its toys, in this case its toybox being the whole world. Doesn't care about winning or losing, and seems to only do what it does simply because it can. Hell, in canon, it's the one that gives Link the object he needed to defeat it. Never really has its plans spoiled or is bested. Just kind of gets bored and decides to let the hero it could have killed at any time take the victory.
  • Cyrus - One of the most interesting villains in the Pokemon series, bar none. A lot more somber and serious than any antagonist the series has had before or since. While one can even argue for Lysandre doing what he thought was right, Cyrus' goals are self-centered, yet mysterious all the same. Lysandre believes he can fix the world, albeit with incredibly drastic measures, but Cyrus, believing he knows what is best, will tear down reality itself in order to resculpt a world free of the flaws the old one was plagued with.
  • Ridley - >kill little girl's family
>wait over a decade

>find little girl with new alien family

>******* kill her new alien family

>get ganked by little girl who is now a badass bounty hunter

>refuse to die

>continue to assault her for years while constantly refusing to die

4. IDK, IDC

5. I think Darkanine already mentioned Pokemon and Digimon. I just want to live out my dream of having Deputymon on my team.

As for strictly Nintendo properties, I would really like some sort of Metroid/Zelda crossover. No idea how it'd be done, but it'd be cool.

6. Please stop the copyright claims and also sodomizing fangames.

I kinda grew up only playing on Nintendo consoles, so...

1. Gamecube. I play Melee competitively.

2. Now, this is a hard one. TLoZ or the Xenoblade franchise maybe?

3. Zanza, Medeus, or Deghinsea. Because;

Zanza: He is a really tough final boss on a 1st playthrough, and just screws you up big time during the mid-end game, he takes one of the strongest weapons in the game away from you, disables Mon. Arts for a short time and a plot twist that is kinda good.

Medeus: Long time nemesis of Marth. Has managed revive every time for some reason.

Deghinsea: The only guy in an Ike-only run who can thrash you horribly. His stats are the absolute best in the game, and even beats Ashera, the Goddess of Order.

4. Probably when Pokemon was released in the 90s. It was everywhere.

5. Xenoblade and Pokemon. Could be like Pokemon Conquest, maybe.

6. Their stupid copyright which removed a ton of fan games, fan art, "fan art", and practically discouraged alot of youtubers to play Nintendo games.

Lol

1. Gamecube

2. Star Fox

3. Andross

He is an awesome mad scientist & the Long time nemesis of Fox McCloud.

4. when Pokemon was everywere.

5. Star Fox and Metroid, that would be awesome.

6. make them stop making taking down Fan games.

1. 3DS

2. Pokemo( GIVE US A COLOSSEUM AND XD SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!)

3. Mother Brain...Freaking Metroids duh...XD

4. The moment Pokemon came into being.

5. Pokemon and LoZ

6. Like Cross said, BRING BACK THE GAMECUBE!!!!!

GameCube

Smash

Dedede, due to him not being a real villain. His profile text says it the best.

Ocarina of Time gets rated as the best game ever. That was Nintendo's prime.

Metroid and Castlevania for obvious reasons

Fan game thing

Back