• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
World doesn't mean universe in a setting where we don't know if the reality/ies are already of that size. Anybody that knows about this type of stuff can tell you that, it's easier to say that world/s only refers to the realities in question, just that, not that they are universes.

I don't care about what other franchises do, they may as well be wanked if they don't give proper evidence.

Oh you are talking about world meaning, is that in the same setence they say world refering to the main universe and the dreams, that's the main argument brought up, Mephisto and OP can elaborate, the default obviously isn't universe, but if there's enough context, which I think it was already show, then it can be universe

I wasn't the one who made most of my arguments based on comparrasions, I also dislike using them as proof

Literally this arguement is no flipping different than the worlds in Narnia and just their world being one out of a bunch, each with an entire cosmos and separate existence. Refer to my last comment if need be; there's a complete copy of their world as one of the worlds; time isn't linear between them if it doesn't take up the same space-time.

Narnia has the world = universe equivilence same as here and they aren't flat out stated as universes in Narnia. Heck, there's even a hub world in this case too.

Also no ones really touched on the Nights Comics if it adds any extra context, 2nd seed says it has connections to the main canon and its part of it? never really heard of the spin off comic till now

Like, seriously, citation for this specific arguement needed where this conclusion that's applied and/or concluded in any thread for any other series since we certainly didn't bring up """precedent""" here on the spaces being shared timeline. Occams razor is completely not in favor of the latter if its given they are seprate.

Well, there is an Archie example for comparison of one word with different meanings.

Zone.

The word can mean a universe part of the multiverse (Anti- Mobius) or its own universe not part of the multiverse (Zone of Silence) or a pocket dimension (Wily Egg Zone).

World could easily mean different things by the way it's used.

I've honestly already said my peace as I'm still in health recovery. That's why I asked a few other staff members to comment; including people who are neutral on the verse but level headed on how cosmologies work. AKM Sama said he would comment later.

But yes, there are conditional branches for what does, and doesn't qualify as world meaning universe. Or having many worlds qualifying as a multiverse. But the main thing is that context is more important the definition. Which I have explained above multiple times regarding examples. I'll wait for a few more staff members however.

We should wait for the other staff members.

Mephistus said:
Gonna repost that their human consciousness can travel in a world for an endless amount according to wizeman. Fyi theyd be dead of old age if time wasnt different in that realm. Not sure if that got overlooked.
Neutral because I don't know and I could care less about Nights, but Usain Bolt travelling in a straight line at his peak speed for 80 years wouldn't even cover a quarter of the distance from the Earth to the sun.

But still, bump.

Neutral because I don't know and I could care less about Nights, but Usain Bolt travelling in a straight line at his peak speed for 80 years wouldn't even cover a quarter of the distance from the Earth to the sun.

But still, bump.

Usain Bolt is a poor example FRA. Endless amounts of time being allowed as part of travel in this case makes that a nonargument.

It seems like this has been more or less rejected.

No it hasn't, there have been no new arguments outside of no, and the only admin who responded was DDM who disagreed but even he wanted more staff input

To reject something, you need undisputed arguments.

If you don't even give arguments that hold up, you aren't rejecting anything.

Well, you can ask some more staff members for input if you wish.

I removed that, if anyone has any childish thing to say that also has nothing to do with this thread then I will remove that as well. This thread could have been closed a long time ago so I hope this may let whatever is left to the debate to continue.

Arguments were never disputed, the refute of my refute was nothing beyond different ideas what the context of the worlds actually mean.

While the dream worlds are called "Worlds" and shown to have starry skies, those aren't quite enough evidence to be universes. They aren't called universes, or alternate realities but just worlds. Plus, I have yet to see the scan regarding the "Conscious can enter the Dream world for an endless amount of time." Or at least if it was posted, then post it again with a specific time stamp. No one is saying world can't mean universe, it's just their needs to be more context than just "Entire worlds". And/or they need to have showings of being different timelines.

I think that Medeus makes sense.

Also, stay on topic and make an effort to be respectful please.

Except it has been said multiple times why by using Occam's razor and similar world would mean universe and having separate space would already imply time is separated, repeating things that have been refuted without adressing the counter arguments isn't good arguing

It just lowballing for the sake of lowballing, lowballing doesn't make something more right, what we look is what makes more sense

Can we please get more staff in here so it isn't just circular debating?

You should ask more staff members than just one.

I've given quite some time reading the thread, arguments and evidences and I'll have to say there isn't really any concrete evidence here suggesting that the dream worlds are separate universes.

World can mean anything depending upon its usage and it doesn't default to a universe. There has to be irrefutable evidence, we shouldn't work with assumptions.

Well, I am just going to wait for OP to explain it more since he was the one who made the original argument, but if not then so be it

Also nobody said World default meaning is universe, only in this context, what would be "irrefutable evidence"?

@AKM & Medeus

Thank you for helping out.

When you hear terms like "another world" typically you'd equate it's a universe by default if individual traits of a "world" are cosmic in scope eg a single world holds multiple galaxies with no real spatial end in sight and a complete copy parallel world exists detailing up to the fricking night sky.

In this context it's already calling the main setting a world, adding the scope is that collective defined size of being multi- galactic sized and not defined as planet, which of course we would say is a universe. So when Owl talks about another world it's explaining it's yet another setting that has equivalent qualities.

Thus,that would make it a universe as well. People like to play mental gymnastics about these things when a lot of times simple context should lead us to an easy conclusion.

The quote was in the same video that was posted by OP about the timeline being different between worlds:

https://youtu.be/r_NnCkXt7KQ?t=2263

"And you Vistor. Continue your search for your ideya amidst the whirling sea of darkness... forever!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_NnCkXt7KQ&feature=youtu.be&t=5000

"And you Vistor. Continue your search for your ideya amidst the whirling sea of darkness... forever!"

Time works differently if you go to a different world, the hub world and the connected worlds via door portals itself is cut off from their world if they can search "forever" in one of the different worlds with their consciousness and not die of old age while their human body in their world is asleep during the duration.

Having separate timelines for each world is definitely a thing here like in Narnias case (lollwooddoorportals) and world here is being used in the context of cosmic proportions and a way to refer to duplicate settings.

I didn't see any multiple galaxies in any of those evidences. Night sky doesn't mean it's a regular universe (Yu Yan isn't 4-A and neither do different dimensions are treated as universe sized just because they have night sky).

It's calling the main setting a world, yes. I can call my main setting a world too but still be referring to my planet or my solar system or my galaxy. And "dream world" is a whole another story which can't be compared to what the main setting is said to be. Both have different contexts.

Long thread is long. Here's multiple galaxies with the clear disc shapes.

https://youtu.be/eFxH6-g8FGQ?t=556

If the world of the main setting was referring to their planet or even singular galaxy, there wouldn't be the word another in front of it if its in an inclusive collective group and the size is multi-galactic sized via just visuals and along with the equivalency between the cosmic settings. The definition context wouldn't be different between their world and the other worlds they visit if "another" is used. They call the individual realms "a/this world " many, many times and not just dream world.

Anyway, the individual worlds each having different timelines shiz looks apparent enough and frankly i feel the OP should be addressing arguements here rather than other members since they are bringing it up lol so I'm not gonna bother with this anymore unless a proper refute is brought up.

I don't think you understood the point, no offense, but each dream is the dream world, which have Galaxies and all, and Nighttopia is where all dream worlds are, the point is that Nighttopia is made of multiple universal dream worlds, which are universes via reasons OP and Mephisto explained

I'm still not seeing enough evidence of them being universes, and also what Pritti said seems is agreeable. And I was once again not seeing any proof of different timelines. All I saw in those scans were just flowerly language for "You will be doomed for all eternity"

Mephistus said:
The quote was in the same video that was posted by OP about the timeline being different between worlds:

https://youtu.be/r_NnCkXt7KQ?t=2263

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_NnCkXt7KQ&feature=youtu.be&t=5000

Time works differently if you go to a different world, the hub world and the connected worlds via door portals itself is cut off from their world if they can search "forever" in one of the different worlds with their consciousness and not die of old age while their human body in their world is asleep during the duration.

Having separate timelines for each world is definitely a thing here like in Narnias case (lollwooddoorportals) and world here is being used in the context of cosmic proportions and a way to refer to duplicate settings.

"Search in the Sea of Darkness forever" is just a fancy way of saying "You will die" after reading the context myself. It's literally got nothing to do with alternate timelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back