• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being different realms has never been automatic in assuming they're different timelines unless once again if they're stated to be different universes, alternate realities, ect. Or shown to have time that works differently. The worlds meaning universes are positives that have to be proven. We don't have to prove negatives.

Except we are already proving it, that's the entire OP and it's arguments, you need to refute it, thus prove your arguments

If they are separated then logicaly time is as well since that requires less assumptions, you need to back up your claims, that's basic debating

This is being circular since we prove our claims, you state things we already proved and then repeat, so I would like more input here

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Being different realms has never been automatic in assuming they're different timelines unless once again if they're stated to be different universes, alternate realities, ect. Or shown to have time that works differently. The worlds meaning universes are positives that have to be proven. We don't have to prove negatives.
Except being different realms with different spaces should make it automatic. Why would they each have a different space but share the same time unless otherwise stated? We already know they're separate spaces, so there's no reason to assume they share the same time without any backing. Backing of which you have yet to provide.

They're already separate spaces, so having separate time would only make sense. If you have actual statements from i the NiGHTS series or technicalities as seen throughout the different dreams to prove they share the same time, then go ahead and provide it. Until then, being separate spaces should come with them having separate time as well.

Not seeing how they'd even share the same time to begin with when the human characters consciousness can wander endlessly in the one of the realms according to Wizeman and instead not wake up within ~12 hours in their real world.

Neither you nor DarkDragonMedeus have actually been over anything here, contrary to the narrative you are pushing there hasn't been a lick of evidence brought up by either of you that any of the worlds should share time when they don't share space.

Like, we have already provided way more proof than even neccessary here that the individual dreams are universes, each individual realm is called a "world", with what the human characters come from being called "another world" by Owl, scans of an individual realm having many eliptical galaxies in the background, and even a realm that is a completely perfect copy of their real world visibily extending out into outer space.

And here you come with "no backing lol" as if that's even an arguement that addresses any of this.

Which them being different space-times has yet to be proven. There are once again plenty of examples where people pushed for a verse to be multiversal based on the exact same context. We cannot create a double standard; we either need more actual concrete context or the upgrade will not go through.

Context hasn't been given. I literally read every single link throughout the thread and not once has any of the individual dream worlds had enough context to prove they're different timelines. Also, being well versed is important. I cannot ignore what has simply not been given to me and/or doesn't appear to exist.

This is arguing from ignorance, it has been already explained, you are the one who hasn't refuted anything yet, I don't care what other franchises I don't know the context did

Except context has been given which you are ignoring, thus arguing from ignorance, it can't be double standard if we don't even know what even are the random franchise arguments, deny this about Nights, not another franchise

DDM, stop editing and just post instead so people can actualy know

People have, stop arguing from ignorance and actualy refuted the proof instead of saying no because you don't like it, there has been context and proof, you just saying no is being almost stonewalling

Since the staff members seem to have rejected this due to lack of proper evidence, we should probably close the thread.

What! No! Only DDM is the staff here has and he hasn't refuted anything except saying no, it should not be closed at all, outside of him only Matt said no with literaly no arguments and Efficiente said he can't disagree he just doesn't like it

A thread can't be closed because a staff said no when they aren't arguing

Frankly if we are gonna start treating spaces as shared time as the default when its clear they are cosmos sized instead of separate then a lot of different verses should get downgraded...which is in no way how space-time works.

And yeah Ant, don't kill the discussion when its clear there hasn't even been a proper discussion post canon arguements here.

Literally every single thing DDM/Matt has said has been addressed, from there being fully visible parallel versions of their universe to the mechanics of the time being different to the locations between worlds being via portals. This is stonewalling or an extreme lack of understanding of the series if the context isn't clear to him.

More staff input here would be appreciated.

Theuser789 said:
he hasn't refuted anything except saying no
>Sees all the text DDM made that I remembered existed

>Sees him explaining notions of common sense rather quickly

I get the me not liking this, which is a bias way to interpret what I said, but what do you even think is going to be the effect of giving false information about DDM like that? If more misinterpretations and misinformations will arise in the future then that's kind of a reason more to close this.

I wasn't trying to purposely give false info? It's just his new arguments already have been explained and aren't refuting anything new, thus he hasn't refuted anything in here outside of comparrasions to other franchises, and no, his arguments aren't explaining common sense at all, that's like, the entire refute of his points

Corgi the Gen Z God said:
Ant is right, User. Who cares if their arguments make sense or not? At long as their names aren't blue, their input is more valid than you.
I'm sick of the whole entire "Y-You're acting more revelant than me b-because y-you're name isn't blue >~<" bullsh*t because a certain character isn't getting upgraded.

We should at least get OP to comment before hurrying to a close, especialy since his arguments haven't been refuted outside of assumptions and analogies

Corgi stop trying to create any drama. You have been warned about this previously. We have our standard procedures in this wiki to make sure that it doesn't erupt into unmanageable chaos, including constant edit wars and infighting, and extremely unreliable information. Either learn to deal with it or leave. Thank you.

Okay. I do agree in the sense your place in the wiki doesn't automatically equate to who is the most relevant and knowledgable , but there is a way of wording it. Also, this conversation is severely out of topic... So I shall not speak of it anymore.

Anyway, I just meant that since the staff are apparently not going to accept this, the thread just seems to waste the time of everybody involved for no good reason.

Only DDM and Matt have disagreed and the latter hasn't made a single argument about it, there's need more imput than one staff actualy arguing against it

From what I understood, Sadistic Sleuth was criticising Corgi trying to pit non-staff members against the staff.

@Theuser

Alright then. I thought that Medeus seemed to make sense, and I still doubt that anything will happen here though.

Sadistic Sleuth said:
Name on time I used the coloured name argument.
Not the place nor the time to talk about it just as your comment wasn't the place nor the time to post

I will just do what Existencial Seed is going to do, which is not speak of it

Theuser789 said:
I wasn't trying to purposely give false info? It's just his new arguments already have been explained and aren't refuting anything new, thus he hasn't refuted anything in here outside of comparrasions to other franchises, and no, his arguments aren't explaining common sense at all, that's like, the entire refute of his points
That's more than just "saying no". It takes me less than 10 seconds to see DDM saying how we as a wiki do things and others refuting that with inapplicable things. The stubbornness here isn't DDM's fault.

His opinion is based on things that you guys would need a CRT unrelated to NiGHTS to modify. Anyone here with knowledge on cosmology would just say the same, you guys are free to do something about it.

Except no, you complain about me saying he was just "saying no" yet you are saying we say "inappicable things" when most interpretations would favor the others, that's how debating works

I have been on this wikia for a while and I haven't seen this be a global rule it would need a wikia wide revision to change, we are just merely using Occam's razor that if it's called world in a context for a universe, if space is separated and nothing implies time isn't them I don't see much to do, no offense to DDM in this

I honestely want to see examples of this which would require a general CRT

I have seen multiple franchises rated at 2-B even without explicity evidance of separate time but just implied like this, just as quilted multiverses still being each universe low 2-C, so I personaly I am not seeing where this is coming from tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back