• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

NewER way to calc the world engine

Hello there,

Firstly I’d like to give credit to @Ozcantabak for bringing this to my attention. This is a new possible way to calc the world engine based on the fact that it manipulates the gravity of earth. I really feel like this is much more accurate to what it’s actually doing that just using the surface wiping meta. I only ask that you read to understand my arguments

So let’s briefly go over what the world engine is and what it does.

In Man of steel, it’s stated and shown that the world engine is shooting a gravity beam through the core of the earth and back which is increasing earths mass.

In the behind the scenes, it’s stated that the kryptonians used it to accidentally destroy the planet. It did so by condensing it’s core so much resulting in it becoming a neutron star and then stated the same thing was being done to earth in man of steel.

In the novel it’s stated that the in a few weeks, earth would be uninhabitable for human life.

This means:

1. The world engine increasing the mass of the earth. As a result of increasing mass without expanding in size, density also increases.

3. This is a direct result of sending gravitational energy into the earth, thus increasing its gravity field.

4. The earths gravity would be so much more than it already is to the point that the earth will be uninhabitable for human life.

I’ve done some research on how much gravity humans would be able to withstand. Ranging from 2-3 times that of earth’s norm (sources down below)

I propose that we use the difference between the GBE of a hypothetical planet who’s gravity is around 2x3 times greater than earth by earth’s GBE to find the total yield of what was going to happen to earth, then divide it by its timeframe. This is because the world engine is affecting the gravity of the planet as a whole and it’s directly generating the force known as gravity to increase earth’s.

Using stardestroyer.net I was able to find out said hypothetical planets GBE.

So I don’t waste my time doing the calculations, what are your thoughts on this method? Can it work with this?

Before u say anything like “outlier”, whether or not it’s consistent can be discussed in another thread, this thread is to discuss the calc.

Thanks for reading. If you don’t agree, is there any other way to calc this? I really think increasing the density of a planet’s core with gravity is very crucial.

The closest feat that comes to this in terms of comparisons is Fairy Tail's Moon Enlargement feat, and even that had some hurling aspect to it. This one... doesn't.

At this point I'd strongly suggest a Discussion Rule on this feat, and the Mother Box. Shit's ridiculous at this point.

The closest feat that comes to this in terms of comparisons is Fairy Tail's Moon Enlargement feat, and even that had some hurling aspect to it. This one... doesn't.
The calc Here doesn’t account for any hurling. Even if it did, nothing suggests why my thread or this line of thinking is wrong.
At this point I'd strongly suggest a Discussion Rule on this feat, and the Mother Box. Shit's ridiculous at this point.
again you’re not actually giving explanations for why it’s wrong.

It’s fine if you disagree but please could u actually give reasons why so we can come to a conclusion?

The staff on this site have a trend of just disagreeing and leaving a thread without actually engaging in it.

I’ll do the calc myself if u cba to do it but the fact is we need the approval of the staff. This line of interpretation fits what’s actually going on in the movie more than “surface wiping”.

If u can’t debunk it and u just leave without your approval then that isn’t fair to the community at all. By definition a failure to disprove should result in an approval

Last edited:
By definition a failure to disprove should result in an approval
No it doesn't, because the bar for proving or disproving something is almost entirely subjective from a fictional debate context.

between the GBE of a hypothetical planet who’s gravity is around 2x3 times greater than earth by earth’s GBE to find the total yield of what was going to happen to earth, then divide it by its timeframe
Unless the beam is adding mass then it wouldn't work like this, as the Earth's mass would always remain the same.It would just be compressing the Earth into a denser sphere until it replicates Krypton's environment, which doesn't have anything to do with GBE.

No it doesn't, because the bar for proving or disproving something is almost entirely subjective from a fictional debate context.
Hmmm good point.
Unless the beam is adding mass then it wouldn't work like this, as the Earth's mass would always remain the same.It would just be compressing the Earth into a denser sphere until it replicates Krypton's environment, which doesn't have anything to do with GBE.
So yes the beam is adding mass to the planet as I stated above, I also add the clip I think. It’s adding mass, increasing density and gravity.

So yes the beam is adding mass to the planet as I stated above, I also add the clip I think. It’s adding mass, increasing density and gravity.
It's using gravity waves and the other scan said they condensed the core. But adding mass also wouldn't be something easily callable either since it would just lead to E=MC^2 bloat.

It's using gravity waves and the other scan said they condensed the core. But adding mass also wouldn't be something easily callable either since it would just lead to E=MC^2 bloat.
Here’s my line of thinking

It’s using a gravity beam to increase the gravity of a planet without increasing its size.

Side effects: density increasing
(because it retains its size) and mass increasing

basically it’s increasing the gravity of earth worldwide to uninhabitable levels in a few weeks. Using star destroyer.net we can find out what a planet of that level is and the increase in GBE would be in comparison to earth normally.

Last edited:
basically it’s increasing the gravity of earth worldwide to uninhabitable levels in a few weeks. Using star destroyer.net we can find out what a planet of that level is and the increase in GBE would be in comparison to earth normally.
That's not how you'd calculate energy though, since it's not creating or blowing up that planet. It's compressing it into a smaller sphere.

That's not how you'd calculate energy though, since it's not creating or blowing up that planet. It's compressing it into a smaller sphere.
Thats the thing though it’s not compressing it into a smaller sphere and the size of earth remains the same but since it’s mass is increasing with the same size, density also increases

One of your sources mentions them compressing something with the World Engine.
Compress doesn’t inherently mean reducing in size. In this context, compression in the sense of mass increasing but size staying the same. To increase the mass and retain size it you would have to compress it/squeeze it.

I have just recently learnt u can’t actually compress solid like rocks n stuff into a smaller size unless you change its state of matter.
Which means nothing as the Engines still wouldn't scale to a GBE of the planet.
I think u you’re still misunderstanding what I’m saying. Assuming it just increased the mass or density by some random means I would agree that it’s pretty weird and hard to calc. But it’s the fact that it’s literally shooting a beam of gravity at the earth that increases the earths gravity. This tells me that it’s directly increasing the gbe because it’s operating through gravity

As the other staff said above, it’s similar to the fairy tale moon enlargement calc but the difference here is size does not increase, just gbe

Yes it does, at least when not used in medical terminology. To compress is to make smaller.
I mean I guess you could say it’s compressing in the sense that it’s forcing the “stats” of a larger planet on a smaller one thus making it more dense but the size of the earth is not changing.

Even if it did would it matter? The Engine wouldn’t be shrinking the planet by direct means but increasing its gravity to the point that it reduced in size however I retain the position that the size doesn’t change.

You have to always keep in mind. The engine is literally a machine that shoots gravity so any effect that happens to the planet was caused by a manipulation of its gravity.

No matter which interpretation you chose it would be manipulating the earths GBE on an equal playing field as it affect gravity on a planetary scale.

Last edited:
I mean I guess you could say it’s compressing in the sense that it’s forcing the “stats” of a larger planet on a smaller one thus making it more dense but the size of the earth is not changing.

Even if it did would it matter? The Engine wouldn’t be shrinking the planet by direct means but increasing its gravity to the point that it reduced in size however I retain the position that the size doesn’t change.

You have to always keep in mind. The engine is literally a machine that shoots gravity so any effect that happens to the planet was caused by a manipulation of its gravity.

No matter which interpretation you chose it would be manipulating the earths GBE on an equal playing field as it affect gravity on a planetary scale.
Yes it does, at least when not used in medical terminology. To compress is to make smaller.
Hello?

I haven't changed my stance. I don't see it scaling to a GBE difference.
okay but please at least consider what I’m about to say before you leave, I won’t bother you or anything if u still disagree after this.

1. You said above that it would work this way if it’s adding mass, which I explained it did.

2. U said it’s compressing in the sense that the size of the planet is reducing and I disagreed given the context.

a) at no point in any of the interviews I gave or the movie itself is it concluded that the planet would reduce in size due compression.
b) if we look at the definition of “dense” and “compact”, “condense” which are also used to describe what is actually going on, it does NOT necessitate reducing in size. Here’s the Oxford dictionary’s definition for them (they are also synonyms of compress)

Given the context of how mass as well as density is being added to the planet, it’s more so talking about compacting it rather than making it reduce in size (as no one implies this, AND it wouldn’t even make any sense as krypton is much larger than earth)

3. Even if it did reduce the size, it would not matter because of its means of how it’s doing this. It’s affecting the gravitational of the entire planet by generating its own gravity (stated multiple times it’s using the force of gravity to do all this) on its own and adding it to increase the potency of earth’s therefore it would by definition HAVE to be affecting the gravitational energy of earth. (We do not need to calculate the full yield of a hypothetical compressed earth, but rather just until earth reaches 2-3 g’s as that’s the given timeframe)

This is confirmed by stardestroyer.net’s planetary stats calculator. As stated above they were going to increase the gravity of earth by 2-3 times (so around 2-3 g’s) in a few weeks, a hypothetical earth with those stats would have a higher GBE than normal earth because it’s closely aligned.

Assuming it was just shrinking the planet u would be right but it’s not, it’s sending gravity throughout the entire planet to increase its gravitational energy. Like an addition game

4. We literally have other calcs that use similar reasoning and is accepted on the wiki. The example I gave above where a character increases the size of the moon so they calc the the difference in gbe between the two bodies to find how much power it would take. That ACCEPTED calc assumes WAY more than this would as in this case it’s stated verbatim to manipulate the force gravity resulting in the planet attaining a higher GBE.

Thanks for reading (if you ever read this lol)

Back