• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Scaling Discrepancy

Jaften

Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
So, all Servants recently got physically upgraded to 6-C, even Casters.

But we have a slight issue now.

Rin physically almost kills Caster (Medea) with a physical amp.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Which, going by our profiles now, is not possible. As it stands, this is a discrepancy on our profiles and something needs to be done to rectify it.

I'm gonna go ahead here and say it's an outlier for Rin. Considering she needs over a decade of accumulated magical energy to do similar damage to other Servants, and how it has been repeatedly stated that most Magi can't even scratch a Servant, I'm not confortable putting Rin at 6-C, when in Stay Night she's around the level of your average Clock Tower magi.

Another point towards this is that young Kirei, who is stronger than Rin, needs Mantra boosts to reach Ciel's level, so.

Bazett should probably be 6-C with Reinforcement though.

Would "At least 9-A, possibly 6-C" work?

Also, Crimson already knows this because I've been watching them type it on Discord, but Rin isn't the only profile that would need to be looked at here if changes need to be made. Every profile that scales to 9-A would need to be looked at.

The 9-A for everyone isn't the best yes.

The biggest issue that'd come from scaling Reinforcement Rin to 6-C is the fact that it'd scale to base Kirei, who needs to be in his prime and use amps to reach that level

But like, I'm not actually sure why we have base Kirei as stronger than amped Rin. If he didn't scale above her, it wouldn't mess up stuff as much.

It'd be Rin with Reinforcement could fight Caster

Bazett with Reinforcement can fight an average servant, and beat Kuzuki (while he's amped by Caster since they mention him cornering Saber in this statement), and is explicitly able to kill both Shirou and Rin at the same time in a 2v1.

If base Kirei didn't scale to Reinforced Rin, most of the 9-As would stay 9-A since they scale to him, and he has his own feats on on level

...then again, why do we scale Rin to Kirei anyway?

Ah. Rin has the better specs, but 80% of the time, Kotomine would win. It's not easy for humans to conquer trauma printed into them and what this fraud of a priest excels at is opening up the trauma of the enemy.
Since Rin has the goof-up girl trait, she has a lot of traumatic experiences, and having these poked at would make her unable to take advantage of her true potential.... Of course, even if they didn't know each other, Rin would still have a hard time. The executor side of Kotomine, a combat expert with over 10 years of experiences in killing magi, would be the counter of Rin's talents.

Rin is said to be stronger than Kirei is, so idk why we even scale her to him. I mean, ****'s sake, Shirou killed Kirei in Fate and he would get destroyed by Rin in H2H.

Rin is also said to have potential to be top 100 magi in the Mage's Association and she's generally just, strong, so yeah 9-A possibly 6-C would work probably.

I'm fairly certain only Luvia scales to this.

Most 9-As actually scale to Kirei, so they would keep being 9-A because of this shit.

Just downscale them to High 7-A if they don't have feats of harming 6-Cs

Can't even do that though because most of the 9-As would need something to scale to Servants, which they don't, quite the opposive even

So was the conclusion for this to make certain characters "At least 9-A, possibly 6-C" then? I also saw that there was a proposal on the E rank 6-C Servant upgrade thread to make Rin's Striking Strength "likely 6-C with Jewel Reinforcement".

So was the conclusion for this to make certain characters "At least 9-A, possibly 6-C" then? I also saw that there was a proposal on the E rank 6-C Servant upgrade thread to make Rin's Striking Strength "likely 6-C with Jewel Reinforcement".
There is also Angra Mainyu and Mata Hari.

Anyway, why is Mata Hari 6C though? As far as I am aware, she has no such feats on her own that suggests she can scale to Angra Mainyu.

Anyway, why is Mata Hari 6C though? As far as I am aware, she has no such feats on her own that suggests she can scale to Angra Mainyu.
Because all Servants with E-rank Strength/Endurance were upgraded to 6-C because it was considered more consistent.

That is honestly weird, but oh well.
Enough characters with E-ranked strength/endurance were able to tango with higher-ranked Servants without instantly dying/being overpowered and without having conditional factors to explain why they could do it that it was considered less consistent to assume E-rankers were physically 1,000,000,000,000 times weaker than other Servants by default.

Enough characters with E-ranked strength/endurance were able to tango with higher-ranked Servants without instantly dying/being overpowered and without having conditional factors to explain why they could do it that it was considered less consistent to assume E-rankers were physically 1,000,000,000,000 times weaker than other Servants by default.
While fair, but was all the evidence actually reviewed though?

The evidence for 6-C upgrade to all Servants?

Once again, that should be in that thread?

I'm neutral to the idea of an upgrade, I just want to rectify the discrepancies in the scaling.

It was addressed in the upgrade thread:

My solution is that Rin used her 1-2 spare jewel to amp herself.

The discrepancy is fixed by either removing Caster from Striking Strength, or adding 6-C Striking Strength with Jewels.

Even chicken are dangerous if they are showered with enough Magical Energy.
Fujimaru: A Servant is going all out...!? / Against a chicken...!?

Boudica: They may be biologically normal, but they're buffed from absorbing a ton of magical energy! They're not to be underestimated! I know wouldn't forgive a Heroic Spirit losing to a chicken!

Also, I forgot to upgrade Goetia, so his profile needs to be unlocked.

Angra Mainyu is "the weakest Servant", meaning that pretty much every Servant scales to him.
And as mentioned in the thread, Mata Hari survived injuries alongside other Servants while fighting Ozymandias in FGO Arcade. There is a list of feat within a spoiler tab in the original post; feel free to check it out if you missed it.

Since NA Atlantis chapter is out, some points are reinforced. Rasputin is confirmed to kill Servants using his martial arts, despite having good stats Jason acknowledges multiple times that he is as useless in combat as Charlotte, and Charlotte can kill Atlantis Border Guards as long as they are not paying attention even though they can block arrows from Paris and Orion.

Ngl this sounds more like a durability feat rather than a outright ap feat.
And we have other Servants with E-ranked strength that physically hit other Servants and deal considerable damage to them.

Xuanzang Sanzang is an example. She has E-ranked strength as a Caster, but all of her normal attacks are bare-handed strikes.
Yeah, that reminds me how we treating stats on the wiki? As in are they consistent or are they discarded if it contradicts?

I usually think case by case works pretty well since stats might not work all the time anyway especially with noble phantasms being involved.

Back