• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I meant any nasuverse character can have a match added barring the root since it’s the only tier 1-A in the series. (I mean you can also count shiki but you can add a match for her as well as long as it’s not void shiki)
Ok and? Make fair match for nasu gods and get 7 votes on them, then you get notable match for them

Also Zeus profile kinda recently added so why you expect him to have matches already?

Ok and? Make fair match for nasu gods and get 7 votes on them, then you get notable match for them

Also Zeus profile kinda recently added so why you expect him to have matches already?
I only brought this up because I noticed they didn’t have the notable wins losses and incons on their profiles that’s all

technically you just described him 😂
That's the thing wit the Root (based on the Tao) - it not only assumes this "apophatic" characteristic, but it also is inherently dualistic.

So, no, he actually didn't described it - "God so powerfull that no positive defenition can describe him" would require that it's negation, "God so powerfull that all positive defenitions can describe him" be false. But in the Tao and the Root cases, that isn't the case. Both those things are TRUE statements at the same time.

This, in boolean logic, is impossible. That is why it's inherently impossible to describe something like that. It's a paradox beyong paradoxes, because you can actually express normal paradoxes, but LITERALLY CANNOT even express this concept.

That's the thing wit the Root (based on the Tao) - it not only assumes this "apophatic" characteristic, but it also is inherently dualistic.

So, no, he actually didn't described it - "God so powerfull that no positive defenition can describe him" would require that it's negation, "God so powerfull that all positive defenitions can describe him" be false. But in the Tao and the Root cases, that isn't the case. Both those things are TRUE statements at the same time.

This, in boolean logic, is impossible. That is why it's inherently impossible to describe something like that.
At least it doesn’t exist in real life thank god.

but lehan got any idea what new CRT’s could be once imaginary scramble is over?

At least it doesn’t exist in real life thank god.

but lehan got any idea what new CRT’s could be once imaginary scramble is over?
One thing that is very similar in nature to this is actually Russel's Paradox, if you have curiosity. I thas this property of "changing the answer" depending on the presumed starting position, basically it becomes circular, reason why it's a paradox.

Imaginary Scramble... There's the Servant Interactions with INS via BB chipset/Skadi copy of it
There's the better explanation about INS also, and indirectly about the whole Ficticious Elements
Don't remember which ones are already done via JP TLs, though.

One thing that is very similar in nature to this is actually Russel's Paradox, if you have curiosity. I thas this property of "changing the answer" depending on the presumed starting position, basically it becomes circular, reason why it's a paradox.

Imaginary Scramble... There's the Servant Interactions with INS via BB chipset/Skadi copy of it
There's the better explanation about INS also, and indirectly about the whole Ficticious Elements
Don't remember which ones are already done via JP TLs, though.

does bb summer get a crt? Since I believe the scramble has bb summer

does bb summer get a crt? Since I believe the scramble has bb summer
I think most should prioritize on making bigger changes (new nep, ls crt, speed chain, servant physiology, td and etc) rather than making profile for another character that never get matches (unless this charactes give something to servant physiology)

I think most should prioritize on making bigger changes (new nep, ls crt, speed chain, servant physiology, td and etc) rather than making profile for another character that never get matches (unless this charactes give something to servant physiology)

speaking of profiles. I did make a Chen gong profile if you guys remember but I deleted it.

maybe you guys can make one for him.

also let me know when Yang has her profile or at least a sandbox version of it.

thank you.

This, in boolean logic, is impossible. That is why it's inherently impossible to describe something like that. It's a paradox beyong paradoxes, because you can actually express normal paradoxes, but LITERALLY CANNOT even express this concept.
For me, when they reference to root it's always goes to something lower than 「 」, but reference to 「 」 means silence, so those who describing root by using this definition don't even mention this since they just silence

So it is ...both apophatic and not apophatic at once?

More like it is described apophatic because it is the best way possible to do it while making the least mistakes, but inherently impossible to describe, therefore either apophatic and kataphatic would be always wrong.
BTW a question. Why if something said to be indescribable by words is not apophatic but something that transcends all descriptions given to it is not apophatic? If something cannot be described in words, doesn't it inherently mean any description given to it will be inaccurate because it cannot be described in words?

BTW a question. Why if something said to be indescribable by words is not apophatic but something that transcends all descriptions given to it is not apophatic? If something cannot be described in words, doesn't it inherently mean any description given to it will be inaccurate because it cannot be described in words?
That honestly depend on futher context of what is "indescribable" mean in verse.

Question is there any servant the game the authors really hate? (I consider any servant that doesn’t appear much plus hasn’t got any animation update/buffs to be the author hates them) though also add, when they do appear, they are die quickly or whatever

That honestly depend on futher context of what is "indescribable" mean in verse.
Yeah but WHY. Isn't the very point of indescribable means you cannot describe it no matter what? That is why it is called indescribable. You can describe higher dimensional being as seeing you as fiction but you cannot describe an indescribable being

Yeah but WHY. Isn't the very point of indescribable means you cannot describe it no matter what? That is why it is called indescribable. You can describe higher dimensional being as seeing you as fiction but you cannot describe an indescribable being
1) Can be Flowery Language
2) No, it usually means you indescribable to someone, not the "cannot describe it no matter what" unless verse mention this
3) Some verses higher dimension being also can be indescribable so not really a point

1) Can be Flowery Language
2) No, it usually means you indescribable to someone, not the "cannot describe it no matter what" unless verse mention this
3) Some verses higher dimension being also can be indescribable so not really a point
Hm, so it is basically a NLF?
Also i am sure higher dimensional beings are not indescribable to the point you cannot describe them in any words.

Hm, so it is basically a NLF?
Also i am sure higher dimensional beings are not indescribable to the point you cannot describe them in any words.
Yeah without context just saying only indescribable not enough.

Yes, but they still indescribable.

Btw are you asking this because you want upgrade any verse, or just random question?

Yeah without context just saying only indescribable not enough.

Yes, but they still indescribable.

Btw are you asking this because you want upgrade any verse, or just random question?
random, since there are a lot of verse with indescribable characters. Although i personally prefer ranking characters by cosnology size rather then some vague philosophical idea that seems to be omnipotence 2.0

I wonder if fate exists within fate?

only way for it to work is if all the events in fate series were true in-universe. And nasu himself exists in-universe and he decides to make a series based on the events that happened in-universe

what do you think guys?
I think that already were discussed here
random, since there are a lot of verse with indescribable characters. Although i personally prefer ranking characters by cosnology size rather then some vague philosophical idea that seems to be omnipotence 2.0
K. For me some vague philosophical idea as cringe as some math stuff, so i'm fine if something like apophatic exist.

are there any mention of non-exist/exist as duality or anything similar?

can help with giving types of nep

are there any mention of non-exist/exist as duality or anything similar?

can help with giving types of nep
Care to elaborate? I don't think I understood what you meant

I don't know if you are refering to things like "non-existence > existence" as far as "concept size" (IIRC it is a Lacanian/Foucalt idea) or whether you are asking if there was ever any mention of non-exitence/existence being polar opposites in Fate.

Most apophatic theology I know about uses this resource BECAUSE the object is considered at least in part indescribable.

But, those are separate issues - imagine a situation where you, for example, have a patient with heart failure. You may not know the cause of this specific thing, therefore cannot cataphaticly described it, but you do know that it's not, for example, a broken bone that is causing it. You can therefore deny the broken bone" hypothesis, but cannot affirm any hypothesis. But, in this case, there exists one hypothesis that is the cause of the thing that can be affirmed, it just is not known.

When such afffirmative hypothesis is non existent by the very nature & essence of the object, you end up with something similar to what most apophatic theology considers to be "divine/god". This ties in with Imaginary Scramble, actually. The chaos that is such because it is in an unobserved state vs true chaos that surrounds everything.

Last edited:
Care to elaborate? I don't think I understood what you meant

I don't know if you are refering to things like "non-existence > existence" as far as "concept size" (IIRC it is a Lacanian/Foucalt idea) or whether you are asking if there was ever any mention of non-exitence/existence being polar opposites in Fate.
2nd

By memory cant remember of anything.
The closest thing that comes to mind is the "something alive in the specific era" and QTL, but don't thing that is quite what you are looking for.
that kinda sad, would look for this for few more days

as for now giving aspects to characters

Back