• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 29

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Because it's gotta erase inconsistencies to make sure everything is alright, and dead people being awfully not dead is very inconsistent. Likewise with magecraft, since it is not the most prevalent thing in the present modern human age. That's the main reason abilities require Mana, to give them more power and make sure the world doesn't erase it.
Inconsistencies with something seemingly arbitrary. Also, It's been mentioned a couple of times that they aren't the dead people, just imitations of them.

The World erases anything that doesn't go along with the rest of things and tries to keep it constant. Arbitrarity doesn't matter, I am confused where you are going with this.

It doesn't matter, they shouldn't be there, imitations or not. They are dead and need to remain off the planet, hence they get crushed.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
The World erases anything that doesn't go along with the rest of things and tries to keep it constant. Arbitrarity doesn't matter, I am confused where you are going with this.

It doesn't matter, they shouldn't be there, imitations or not. They are dead and need to remain off the planet, hence they get crushed.
I'm saying that the earth is stupid.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Also, read the site rules.
"Avoid talking badly about other wikis and communities, as we do not want any conflicts or bad blood. It is considered especially negative to talk badly about the excellent Anime Characters Fight wiki, as its staff has been of great help for developing this site. Also, we respect the OBD for making lots of useful calculations, so do not insult them either. In addition, do not write anything that can be interpreted as harassment of real people."
"Can someone more experienced please analyze the information this guy is spreading?"

vs

"Hey people,insult this site because i said so"

I'm asked for help from people who know better than me about this verse not say deviantart is bad...

BakiHanma18 said:
John985 said:
BakiHanma18 said:
But guys... can't you tell how trendy she is? She's just like one of us! Wow, totally must pull so I can have a servant that dabs and takes selfies just like me!
86974975 2746465105390974 8285516033138098176 n
I waited for Tamamo banner but got her.
Why is it that the servant I want always avoid ME?!?!
On the one hand, I'm sorry to hear. On the other hand, I'm now thinking about anime thigh-flavored Hot Pockets and I can't seem to figure out why...
youre the guy that got skadi and orion arent you? REEEE Congrats anyway tho

Let's hold off the best waifu claims on that until we see Gorgon's Pandemonium Cetus which actually breaks the horn instead of just cracking it

BakiHanma18 said:
Real talk: I might be dumb here, but what exactly does Garden of Avalon ACTUALLY do? Do we even know, or is the FGO effect all we have as of now?
Recreates Merlin's Avalon tower, and the far side of the world, giving him basically infinite mana. It also has so much mana in the air that anyone from the modern age would explode from breathing in there.

@Giorno

People are already dying though.

Pale Rider and Flat have both kicked the bucket.

Albeit, with Flat coming back as a Manaka-like monstrosity.

Reppuzan said:
@Giorno
People are already dying though.

Pale Rider and Flat have both kicked the bucket.

Albeit, with Flat coming back as a Manaka-like monstrosity.
wait i didnt know pale rider died how and also how is flat back

I don't know the specifics for Pale Rider, but Flat got shot in the head.

Not sure how he came back though.

Monarch Laciel said:
Let's hold off the best waifu claims on that until we see Gorgon's Pandemonium Cetus which actually breaks the horn instead of just cracking it
Only because sexy Quetz weakened it Gorgon had her work cut out for her

Monarch Laciel said:
not in the game, in the game Quetz didn't do shit to Tiamat and Gorgon broke her horn all by herself
Need I remind you that Quetz barely had half of her divinity but was still able to take care of the chaos tide and still release an other NP while she was far from being at her peak?

She put in the work and all the way to Tiamat she was basically carrying the team.

Yeah she vaped the chaos tide, but neither of her attacks actually did anything to Tiamat. And even if she'd been two times stronger, that still wouldn't be strong enough to bridge the gap between "can't even scratch" and "broke off a horn"

But hse did wounded tiamat tho and yeah it would have made a pretty big difference she was pushing her self to her limits with what she had left using her first NP was damaging her own body the second one was basically making her crack like a porcelain vase.

She did nothing to Tiamat, the cracked horn is anime only. The game specifically says her attack did zilch. Didn't even scratch Tiamat.

And yeah she pushed herself to her limit and ended up sacrificing herself to boost her attack's power ... but so what? Gorgon did the exact same thing when she used Pandemonium Cetus, at least she actually got results.

Monarch Laciel said:
She did nothing to Tiamat, the cracked horn is anime only. The game specifically says her attack did zilch. Didn't even scratch Tiamat.
Dude what are you even talking about??? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hrz9_gLwHIM&t=33335s

At 9:15:34 you can hear the sounds of Tiamat's horn cracking later when Gorgon pulls up and uses her NP they use the same sound affect to indicate that her horn shattered.

Also Roman was the to have said that it didn't do anything but he was really focus since he was too busy panicking so no it did not just happen in the anime it also happened in the game.

It's just nk one noticed it but the sound effect is clearly here and used a second time to show that Gorgon's no completely broken it.

Aftet Quetz isn't considered the strongest of the 3 goddesses for nothing and need I remind you she was severely injured and stabbed multiple times in the game.

That expression actually means that the work was difficult, not easier.

My bad got mixed up with something else (since I was typing to someone on discord) but anyway Quetz efforts made it easier for Gorgon to completely shatter the horn.

That sound effect is used throughout the game any time anything is breaking, and context indicates that was the sound of Quetz breaking. Not Tiamat's anything. Hence this and this immediately after.

Romani is our narration. Are you really trying to say that the guy who's entire job at this point is analyzing Tiamat and trying to come up with ways for us to beat her and dumping the exposition to let us know how we are doing on stopping her was wrong when he said "Tiamat's body shows no signs of damage. Quetz's Noble Phantasm did nothing"? Because at that point, that's your headcanon going directly against what the game very clearly tells us.

Servants heal quickly and Quetz was not indicated to be injured or recovering from injuries during that scene. Apart from losing half her divinity, Quetz was in top form, she was not severely injured.

Also, it was final ascension Gorgana who broke Tiamat's horn, not the 2nd Ascension Tiamat-Gorgon who was a member of the alliance. Quetz may have been the strongest member of the goddess alliance, but it was Tiamat-Gorgon who was in that alliance, not Gorgana. And by the feats shown, Gorgana was stronger than Quetz. Especially considering that Gorgana's snakes were beating Tiamat in terms of sheer strength.

It's important that the anime will always be secondary to the games in terms of importance.

It's far better to take the game's versions of the events at the first line of canon and the anime is secondary since it takes creative liberties for spectacle (i.e. Leonidas' and Ushiwakamaru's last stands that were not in the games).

The anime attack's damage output is also non-indicative of Quetz's actual power, since her santa version is able to easily bring down the actual meteor that killed the dinosaurs down with her Noble Phantasm, Yucatan Regalo de Navidad.

I only added Naamu Abzu Gugalanna to Ereshkigal's profile because it doesn't contradict anything she already has.

Rather than analyzing this for a power feat (since we know that Quetz's attack did no damage), why not analyze it as a speed feat? She jumped up into the upper atmosphere/low orbit in seconds.

That said, I agree with Ashen that Quetz wasn't in top form during that fight, since she got stabbed multiple times.

Quetz literally says she was stabbed SEVERAL times from the lahmu's after getting tag teamed by them, and Ishtar literally says they should retreat before she gets herself killed. so I don't see where you come with "Quetz was not indicated to be injured", when she herself says she was badly wound. d

Quetzalcoatl They went through my shoulders, stomach, and thighs so easily...!

Quetz breaking really? They show no indication of her even breaking the only comment they made was that she fell and that's all, the only logical thing, is that what made that sound was Tiamat's horn cracking. context is really important and the anime literally adapted it so it could reflect that scene why would they even put a crack on the horn than? Quetzalcoatl (She's lifting her horns?)

Quetzalcoatl (She's gathering the magical energy that held her body up above the mud into her horns...almost like wings...)

Quetzalcoatl (...Oh no. This thing's gonna fly!)

She knew what Tiamat was doing, so with her second NP she used it to attack the horn with all she had left, then in that SAME sequence they use the cracking sound effect to let you know that she did somewhat damage it.

Context is important here and everything points to the fact that she did cracked it.

Romani isn't always a good narrator and he is often wrong about several situations... especially when shit hits the fan so looking at Romani as the absolute truth in that scene is pretty bad.

So yeah no headcanon there. And last time I checked the anime IS Canon to the game.

And ascension Gorgon is basically Gorgon accepting who she is. It's basically Ana and future gorgon properly merging as one hence the comment of

Gorgon ...Now that I think on it, I didn't say a proper goodbye.

Gorgon But...I did get the flowers. That's enough for me.

So yeah there's just more proof supporting that Quetz did crack the horn, and the sound effect was used to tell the player that she cracked it because she was literally aiming for it.

Hence the reason why in the anime they showed the horn cracking even them they understood that.

Anyway dropping the subject since we can't agree you believe what you want to believe while I'll do the same on my part... So let's agree to disagree.

^

Google says Low Orbit is 2000 km up.

She takes about 5 seconds to get to low orbit before she begins her descent.

So, doing some simple conversions...

2000 km * 1000 m/km / 5 s / 340m/s = Mach 1166.18.

Massively Hypersonic+

Ok, my bad, I didn't remember her getting stabbed a bunch. So fine, she wasn't at top form. That doesn't mean she cracked the horn.

Quetz was out of commission for the rest of the singularity after she used her NP and she would have died if not for taiga. So yes, Quetz "broke". The breaking sound indicated that was the last of her strength and she was done.

Also, no reference is ever made to Quetz "softening up" Tiamat's horn for Gorgon to break anywhere else in the game. That is 100% your own head canon. Quetz uses her NP and burns the last of her strength, getting the cracking sound to show how she's pushed herself as far as she can go. It is explicitly stated by someone who is actually more reliable than not, that her attack didn't do anything. Then Gorgon shows up, explicitly beats Tiamat in terms of sheer strength, then sacrifices her life to destroy Tiamat's horn. No one states that Quetz actually did manage to damage her, no one even so much as implies that Gorgon only broke the horn because Quetz cracked it first, and no doubt is ever placed on Roman's words that the attack didn't hurt her, unlike the other times Roman is found to be wrong, where he is very clearly called out on being wrong.

I gotta agree with Monarch on this one, at the very least on the use of the breaking sound. Even in the original VN, it was used at times like when Shirou's "mind" breaks. Is just a general sound.

The fact that there's a ******* Servant that takes selfies and dabs like a Millenial makes me incredibly depressed with humanity as a whole.

Also I'm 99% sure they based her appearance on some random Instagram E-thot.

Back