• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse Discussion Board 29

Beast Zero Gudako said:
The scene where Gramps eating Lahmu was so cringe and truly not befitting for a Grand Servant. He is supposed to be a badass who kill things around by cutting them or smacking them with his cape.
he literaly did that he soloed a bunch of Lahmu (who are on the same levels as a Demon God) we saw him save ishtar and 1 v 4(5) lahmu and killed 2 of them fairly easily and quickly later on he goes to dispatch the reste super casually while flexing his battle continuation EX.

then even without his sword he kept slaughtering Lahmus and even put the fear of God in them while he was monching on them (while still protecting ritsuka). During half of the episode you see him smack around tiamats attacks and beams,teleporting (plus back hand her with his sword to her face) and the other half you still see him throwing hands...how is any of that cring?

"truly not beffiting of a grand servant" the guy is a Grand ASSASSIN from one of the first and deadliest assasin clan of all history plus his sect created a bunch of gruesome technics and lets not forget that gramps his LAWFUL EVIL.

if anything this is something truly beffiting of his rank.

hmmm i wonder what would happen if she tried to nuke a felow Goddess of Venus, ig it just wouldnt work.

This is actually touched upon in the Summer Jail Break event. Ishtar outright says that Quetz, as a fellow goddess of Venus, could have caught her Concept of Venus arrow and thrown it straight back at her.

"truly not befitting for a Grand Servant" not gonna go indepth on this take since Ashen did and I agree with them so ill just address this, last time I checked there isnt a code of conduct required to be a Grand plus lets not act like that isnt something Grand Berserker would likely do.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
FB IMG 1584199382144
Ok, this is just overkill.
The best part is, considering NA got a Mystic Code 2 years early, and has been pretty much following the JP servers with the Babylonia Anime Campaign, NA might get this Rank Up alongside a First Hassan Banner, probably after Saber Wars Rerun is finished.

Boy am I glad I sacrificed my Edison to bring Bone Daddy home on his first banner.

Pretty much 1000% agree with Ashen, Baki, and Warp here, and REMINDER that Cursed Arm also did that in HF movie when he ate Cu heart so this is kind of normal to the Hassan cult

Cringe? More like creepy af, and just because he's a grand servant doesn't mean he need to be over the top all of the day

Mpozz Dibully wkwkwkwk

I won't comment on the counter arguments here because i'm not interested in arguing, but the cursed arm comparison doesn't make sense. He has a skill just for consuming others, because Cursed Arm doesn't really have anything that makes him "distinct", so he consumes others to gain their characteristics.

To possibly kick off another debate and kill this thread for good, now that we have a new animated edition of Ea, which do you guys think is the best-animated?

I still feel like ufotable's take on it in Zero is an impossible benchmark to beat, but the Babylonia animation had me reconsidering it.

I like Zero's version better. New version was pretty good but it's hard to beat Ufotable's version of it, both in Zero and UBW.

Babylonia's Ea is the worst.

Sound design is just meme level bass boost, and the actual energy blast is just a solid mass of red, black and orange.

Zero's version doesn't look nearly as destructive (at least the blast itself), and its sound design was kinda outweight by the soundtrack, but the grandeur of its initial summoning combined with the shots of the reality marble collapsing really made it special.

UBW's version was just like rings of red energy more than anything, but at least they still looked more artistically impressive than a mass of red and black.

Extra's has great sound design, impressive looking visual effects. GO's is similar but not quite as impressively animated. I haven't seen his Extella version so I can't comment.

I havnt seen Zero or UBW recently so I cant comment on which looked better,

Ill at least comment about the Babylonia one, I thought it was decent but definitely could have been better as the design of the attack is lack luster and as Monarch said the sound was meme like.

As someone simply watching the series, it is actually a pretty good look. It is visually impressive and just pretty powerful looking, etc etc.

As a more dedicated fan that gets into the useless shit like the mechanics of Ea, it is a faltering attempt at worst for me. Especially and doubly so with the expectatives left after that double Enuma Elish clashing description in Strange Fake, the very fabric of the texture of Modern Earth breaking at the seams and being regenerated and fixed, back and forth.

We already have Sabers. A generic blast of energy is far from interesting versus my expectations. Hence Ea's look in Zero is much better for me, plus the grand entrance for it, and more ubiquitous when remembering it's special ability.

Can't really grade the UBW version as that's just Gil using the generic super powerful blast function, yet it still looks more impactful, wild and otherworldy.

GO and Extella is... Eeeh. It is more visually impressive that's for sure, but is a more dressed up generic blast.

They are all literally just beam blast (Aside from Zero) so I would rank Zero first Babylonia second despite the sound at least it looked like it carried actual weight and power plus the animation of it spinning was kind of super nice. UBW is third Go and Extella can fight for the last place for all I care.

Not really beam blasts. UBW Ea at least looks like Gilgamesh isn't even attacking, he's not trying, Ea merely spinning **** ***** up, Shirou gets hurt and blasted, the entire surrounding's tremble. It is not a simple blast, it's much closer to it ******* the very environment just doing the barest thing.

Which is much better than ball of light at the tip becoming long line of light that makes kyut ecksploxions.

Back