• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Narutoverse Scaling: Kazekage Rescue Mission - Pain's Assault arcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Suigetsu scales solidly to CS1 Jūgo since they were trading blows before base Sasuke negged both of them.

I agree with all the Sannin being roughly comparable, although Tsunade should be somewhat above Jiraiya judging by how she’s stated to have almost killed him twice.

His base durability, yeah. I doubt Jiraiya's going in sage mode in a women's bathroom.

Deidara actually has not 1 solid feat with his own bombs outside of hurting the 3 tails. Wow.

You already said Sasori.

30% Kisame, we have that. Full Kisame is another arc.

Sick No Susanoo Itachi, matching Sasuke. Susanoo > Hydra Orochimaru > Regular Orochimaru ~ (Maybe Sage Mode) Jiraiya.

What else are we missing?

His base durability, yeah. I doubt Jiraiya's going in sage mode in a women's bathroom.
I mean, he could
Deidara actually has not 1 solid feat with his own bombs outside of hurting the 3 tails. Wow.
Well, his bombs wounded CS2 Sasuke.
What else are we missing?
For these arcs... Asuma, Hidan and Kakuzu. Kakuzu scales above Kakashi, Hidan could trade blows with Kakashi, and Asuma could decapitate Hidan with his chakra blade, although he also scales to Part I Kakashi so... that’s kinda weird.

Asuma could decapitate Hidan with his chakra blade, although he also scales to Part I Kakashi so... that’s kinda weird.
I feel like we have one of two options, well maybe 3.

1) We treat Asuma's feat as an outlier.

2) We give him a separate rating with the chakra blade.

3) We just give him a Part II key? Or rather ignore Part I scaling for him entirely.

I mean, he could
Super creep Jiraiya confirmed?
Well, his bombs wounded CS2 Sasuke.
Nevermind then.
For these arcs... Asuma, Hidan and Kakuzu. Kakuzu scales above Kakashi, Hidan could trade blows with Kakashi, and Asuma could decapitate Hidan with his chakra blade, although he also scales to Part I Kakashi so... that’s kinda weird.
I have no idea why Part 2 Asuma scales to Part 1 Kakashi. That makes 0 sense.
1) We treat Asuma's feat as an outlier.
How come?
2) We give him a separate rating with the chakra blade.
Doesn't he always use the chakra blade?
3) We just give him a Part II key? Or rather ignore Part I scaling for him entirely.
Idk about that. Part 1 could block Kisame, part 2 could fight Hidan n Kakuzu. Seems consistent.

Doesn't he always use the chakra blade?
I meant separate his AP with the blades and his physicals, but the more I think about it the more I realize it's unnecessary tbh. Granted, we know the Futon chakra DOES enhance his AP, at least a little.

Idk about that. Part 1 could block Kisame, part 2 could fight Hidan n Kakuzu. Seems consistent.
Could you post a scan of that please? I could use a refresher on that. In any case, Kisame has feats that put him significantly above Hidan and Kakuzu, so I'm unsure if it will be all that consistent.

I noticed in Kakuzu's current profile that he doesn't scale at all to Yugito even though he took attacks from her on screen and then off screened her. Shouldn't Kakuzu scale to Yugito?

I meant separate his AP with the blades and his physicals, but the more I think about it the more I realize it's unnecessary tbh. Granted, we know the Futon chakra DOES enhance his AP, at least a little.
Good point. Attack Potency: Whatever level. Higher w/ Futon chakra blades.
Could you post a scan of that please? I could use a refresher on that. In any case, Kisame has feats that put him significantly above Hidan and Kakuzu, so I'm unsure if it will be all that consistent.
Part 1, Kisame and Itachi stroll, Kisame swings his blade, Asuma catches it without enhancing it with chakra. Please note, Might Guy couldn't do this in Part 2 to a 30% Kisame. I doubt the Akatsuki train, so that is a good ass feat.
I noticed in Kakuzu's current profile that he doesn't scale at all to Yugito even though he took attacks from her on screen and then off screened her. Shouldn't Kakuzu scale to Yugito?
Yugito has no feats outside of reanimation where they were supposedly boosted.

Good point. Attack Potency: Whatever level. Higher w/ Futon chakra blades.
Alright, bet. glad we agree on that then.

Part 1, Kisame and Itachi stroll, Kisame swings his blade, Asuma catches it without enhancing it with chakra. Please note, Might Guy couldn't do this in Part 2 to a 30% Kisame. I doubt the Akatsuki train, so that is a good ass feat.
Huh.........Yeah, okay that's pretty solid. He held him down for a decent amount of time too. Very interesting.

Blocked Kisame's sword without wind enhancement
Made Kisame bleed with wind enhancement
Gave Hidan third degree burns (it went to Asuma because of the ritual)
Cut Hidan's head off with wind enhancement.

All of his anti dura feats are caused by sharp objects, so idk.

Hidan and Kakuzu get their current ratings for being stated to be stronger than Asuma, but strength ≠ AP, not noting the fact that he said THEY. He saw Hidan get impaled by 2 nameless ninja, and he does nothing else (he blocked Asuma's shuriken earlier) to get that title.

Well, Asuma also seemingly clashed with Hidan, and even partially blocked an attack.

I can see Asuma scaling to Hidan and Kakuzu, but be noted to be slightly inferior to Hidan who's slightly below Kakuzu. But again, he'd get "higher with Chakra Blades" or something.

Well, Asuma also seemingly clashed with Hidan, and even partially blocked an attack.

I can see Asuma scaling to Hidan and Kakuzu, but be noted to be slightly inferior to Hidan who's slightly below Kakuzu. But again, he'd get "higher with Chakra Blades" or something.
Asuma once said to Naruto when two shinobi of equal abilities face each other with blades, the sharper blade decides the outcome. I'd just say he had a sharper blade.
Eh, I’m sure this is what you meant, but better wording would’ve been ‘strength doesn’t always mean AP.’
Thanks for clarifying it for me before 20 different people say "BUT WHAT ABOUT" lmao
Although ig Asuma being Part II Kakashi tier does seem pretty solid.
Asuma is (next to Kurenai) the most underrated named Jonin in Konoha. It goes like this.
Naruto, Kage level, Kakashi and Guy, Everyone else.

This wiki always made me mad w/ the downplaying of some characters, but I ended up finding out that their feats just aren't recognized.
No one in Konoha is more skilled at close arm combat than Asuma.
He burned Choza who fought the Gedo Mazu (he did get mopped, but let Asuma get some credit).
Took a punch from Butterfly Choji and was only held down by Shikamaru putting his kunai on him (maybe Edo stamina, idk).
1-A Asuma

Asuma once said to Naruto when two shinobi of equal abilities face each other with blades, the sharper blade decides the outcome. I'd just say he had a sharper blade
He sure did lol. Still, his feats against Hidan and Kisame warrant that he be at least scaled slightly below them physically, and higher with the Wind Chakra Blade.

I just want you guys to remember.
If Hidan wasn't immortal, Asuma would still be alive. Think about that.

I'd give them = striking but Hidan higher AP cause of sharper blades.

Anyways, so Asuma relative to Kakashi.

Hidan and Asuma tanked exploding Kunai.
Tanked Choji's spiked human boulder.
Kakuzu kicked Kakashi through a big ass tree.
Kakuzu's wind style violated Hidan (peep his wound).
Choji feat, he destroyed one of Kakuzu's hearts.
Kakuzu impales a KN0 clone and incinerates/blows away 2 other ones. Use Newton's law to see the AP and Dura for a clone.

So, is that it for the people of this thread? All we need is the Sunagakure people.

So, is that it for the people of this thread? All we need is the Sunagakure people.
Do you think Shikamaru should scale to Hidan with his Shadow Possession Jutsu? Correctly me if I'm wrong, but he also stabbed him with it right?

AP isn't always = to durability. If all the feats that Hidan did with his scythe was done with his own body, and without an extension (or a tool), then it would count.

That's basically saying that Hidan can tank his own blades w/ no wounds.

Hidan's scythe matched with Asuma's kunai. Asuma's kunai cut off Hidan's head. Hidan's scythe ~ Asuma's kunai > Hidan's durability. If AP was always = to dura, that wouldn't be the case.

The headcanon of "more tails = stronger" was debunked by a tailed beast. That's a human misconception.

A younger Gamabunta fell on Kurama and bodied him. An older & bigger one fought Shukaku head on. More tails ≠ more strength.

That's not a human misconception, that is an actual bijuu saying that (and give he is consistently portrayed as above the other bijuu, he has a point)

Plus if a giant toad fell right into you you would be bodied too not matter how powerful.

I'm a bit unsure about Naruto surpassing Minato in base (without the FRS) because Minato scales to Ay, and I really don't think base Naruto can do anything against Ay lol.

Kakashi and low end Pain might work though
I think the characters mean that Naruto with rasenshuriken has higher AP than Minato, imo. However every other aspect of being a ninja and a fighter, Minato is better.

The headcanon of "more tails = stronger" was debunked by a tailed beast. That's a human misconception.

A younger Gamabunta fell on Kurama and bodied him. An older & bigger one fought Shukaku head on. More tails ≠ more strength.
The Two Tails should at least be in the same ball park as the other tailed beasts otherwise narratively it wouldn't make any sense.

That's not a human misconception, that is an actual bijuu saying that (and give he is consistently portrayed as above the other bijuu, he has a point)

Plus if a giant toad fell right into you you would be bodied too not matter how powerful.
Kurama is the exception, not the rule. Another bijuu tells him to stop saying it because it's not true, and with Shukaku agreeing, that proves that Kurama's one sided standpoint has no weight throughout the bijuu. He is the outlier data of the group. If Shukaku trains and gets stronger, would the other bijuu get stronger too all because of that law?

Pain pushed that same toad away with one attack, that is no excuse.
The Two Tails should at least be in the same ball park as the other tailed beasts otherwise narratively it wouldn't make any sense.
That's like saying the 8 tails should be comparable to the 9 tails, and that means that since the 3rd Raikage had no injuries against the 8 tails, he should be able to stand with the 9th.

Kurama is the exception, not the rule. Another bijuu tells him to stop saying it because it's not true, and with Shukaku agreeing, that proves that Kurama's one sided standpoint has no weight throughout the bijuu. He is the outlier data of the group. If Shukaku trains and gets stronger, would the other bijuu get stronger too all because of that law?
Shukaku unironically has better feats than all of the other Bijuu except Gyūki and Kurama so yeah lol.
Pre-War Two-Tails has zero feats except overpowering Kakuzu with effort.

Wait hold the phone, Shukaku is listed as Island level (Should be comparable to the rest of the Bijuu. Is capable of harming Hachibi who can tank his own Bijuudama). But, Shukaku never fought the 8 Tails. Also what evidence is there to say that the Tailed Beasts during the war arc are massively above there normal power? Also with Gamabunta did he ever do any damage to the 9 Tails? As far as I know he didn't and he only managed to damage Shukaku.

Wait hold the phone, Shukaku is listed as Island level (Should be comparable to the rest of the Bijuu. Is capable of harming Hachibi who can tank his own Bijuudama). But, Shukaku never fought the 8 Tails. Also what evidence is there to say that the Tailed Beasts during the war arc are massively above there normal power? Also with Gamabunta did he ever do any damage to the 9 Tails? As far as I know he didn't and he only managed to damage Shukaku.
Don't refer to the old profiles, they're getting revised via these threads. And we'll discuss that when we get to the war arc.

That's how Hashirama got his multi continental rating for holding down the juubi.

Also what evidence is there to say that the Tailed Beasts during the war arc are massively above there normal power?
Aside from the Six Paths amp, they don't have feats or statements to grant them the War Arc Tier. Also, they got beaten by regular Akatsuki members (Note that Bijus during the war almost killed KCM Naruto and implied to be > Kakashi and Guy). The difference is big.

Also what evidence is there to say that the Tailed Beasts during the war arc are massively above there normal power?
Like M3X said, their feats pre-war arc are really bad compared to what they achieved in the war arc.

- Shukaku : Was damaged and kept up with by Gamabunta.

Yuugito/Matatabi : Kakuzu managed to block a paw strike, ableit barely, and survived. Hidan defeated her with his Jashin ritual. Keep in mind that for that "hax" to work he ACTUALLY needs to stab her and draw blood first, so he definitely scales for damaging her.

In the war arc: Has a 6-C feat

- Isobu : Deidara took him out with some of his weaker bombs. He couldn't have even used C3 because the surrounding area was completely intact.

In the war arc : Has a 6-C feat, and managed to shake BM Naruto a bit with his spinny move.

- Roshi/Son Goku : Taken out by base Kisame, and it really didn't look all that difficult.

In the war arc: Even Lava mode Roshi kept up with and burned KCM Naruto, with his V2 and BM states outright overpowering him.

They simply have better feats in the war arc, so unless we treat EVERYTHING before the war as an outlier, we have to differentiate between their pre and post war arc stats.

Admittedly though, there IS one flaw with this. In their fight against Revived Sage Madara, they didn't have Obito's amp, yet they were capable of contending with a much stronger Madara and even harming him physically on a couple of occasions.
This could be an issue unless we assume that Obito's amp was permanent.

Another wild card is Shukaku. He didn't receive a Six Paths amp, so his power level SHOULD be uniform throughout the series, but then we have Gamabunta tanking his attacks and countering with his own, and even damaging him with his sword. This means that Gamabunta scales, which means that Pain and Manda scale. It does create an issue for our current assumptions, so I was wondering what you guys think we should do about that.

Last edited:
Admittedly though, there IS one flaw with this. In their fight against Revived Sage Madara, they didn't have Obito's amp, yet they were capable of contending with a much stronger Madara and even harming him physically on a couple of occasions.
This could be an issue unless we assume that Obito's amp was permanent.
I believe when this was first brought up, we said that it wasn’t the Bijuu themselves that got amped, it was the jinchūriki transforming into the Bijuu. The actual whole Bijuu would be 6-C while it’s the jinchūriki transforming into Bijuu Mode that are amped. Although Isobu was stated to be weaker with no jinchūriki so...

If we consider Shukaku in Part I to just be BM Gaara, then that fixes any potential issues there.

I believe when this was first brought up, we said that it wasn’t the Bijuu themselves that got amped, it was the jinchūriki transforming into the Bijuu. The actual whole Bijuu would be 6-C while it’s the jinchūriki transforming into Bijuu Mode that are amped
Alright bet, sounds good to me!

Although Isobu was stated to be weaker with no jinchūriki so...
True, but he didn't have a Jinchūriki against Madara as well.

If we consider Shukaku in Part I to just be BM Gaara, then that fixes any potential issues there.
Good point, and actually now that I think about it, it wasn't even really Shukaku but rather Shukaku taking control of the giant sand avatar Gaara created.

Shukaku was weakened when Gamabunta fought him. Shukaku was gradually getting more and more powerful so Naruto had to wake Gaara up before it was too late.

Also the Bijuu that fought Madara got split up from a final form Juubi, while the early war ones got merged into a first form Juubi. So the late war ones were more powerful.

Also the Bijuu that fought Madara got split up from a final form Juubi, while the early war ones got merged into a first form Juubi. So the late war ones were more powerful.
I'm not sure if that's how it works, but it actually makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back