• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
tenor.gif
Ban yourself

Look say what you will about the quality of Boruto's writing

But the people who somehow think all of this being Madara's IT would be better and good wrting are genuinely some of the most stupid, brain dead $#@*! on the planet
I genuinely hate Madara fans so much. Worse than Itachi.

Bros be saying shit like "they created Kaguya because they couldn't beat Madara," while my boy is basically using, count 'em, 4 powers. Naruto and Sasuke could've beaten his ass into next week, no assists, if they had the time.

Honestly, people talk shit about Kaguya being shoehorned in or whatever, but you know what? Juubidara didn't stand a chance, and is generally overrated. Ending the manga off with an old man getting stomped by Team 7 would honestly be worse.

I understand that you are frustrated at the "Boruto is a genjutsu" BS, but naw, introducing Kaguya absolutely wasn't required. It definitely ruined the ending a bit if not more. That part about Madara not being strong enough could have been fixed pretty easily had Kishimoto decided to make him the final villain. But Madara being a final villain would have been way better than what we got. Kaguya should have been a movie villain or a Boruto villain in all honesty. She is only appreciated because of powerscalling. In terms of story, she is bland and abrupt. She doesn't have the impact and presence of Madara. She is definitely a downgrade.

kaguya works thematically well, given Madara was a victim of the cycle itself, him being sealed away or defeated by force doesn't really resolve a lot of his thematic framework, the issue with Kaguya is two fold.

1. She isnt as interesting as Madara as a character
2. the story needed to build up to her reveal more organically.

kaguya works thematically well, given Madara was a victim of the cycle itself, him being sealed away or defeated by force doesn't really resolve a lot of his thematic framework, the issue with Kaguya is two fold.

1. She isnt as interesting as Madara as a character
2. the story needed to build up to her reveal more organically.
Honestly, I think there should've been a full arc with Hagoromo and Hamura + Ashura and Indra. They packed it into too little space.

Plus, we didn't get enough Hagoromo lore, that guy was kinda just mentioned a couple times and thrown at us last second.

Last edited:
I understand that you are frustrated at the "Boruto is a genjutsu" BS, but naw, introducing Kaguya absolutely wasn't required. It definitely ruined the ending a bit if not more. That part about Madara not being strong enough could have been fixed pretty easily had Kishimoto decided to make him the final villain. But Madara being a final villain would have been way better than what we got. Kaguya should have been a movie villain or a Boruto villain in all honesty. She is only appreciated because of powerscalling. In terms of story, she is bland and abrupt. She doesn't have the impact and presence of Madara. She is definitely a downgrade.
Bland and abrupt is a bit much. Honestly, though, I feel like Madara being the final villain is just flat out bad because that would mean the whole "curse of hatred" shit was basically true. I think Kaguya, while she is a lot better than people say, is, of course, just shoehorned in, but even if he would be better, Madara would also suck balls.

Bland and abrupt is a bit much.
But...that's kinda what she is tho. She is not interesting and she came without much setup.
Honestly, though, I feel like Madara being the final villain is just flat out bad because that would mean the whole "curse of hatred" shit was basically true.
If I had it my way, the Asura and Indra reincarnation BS wouldn't even be a thing. So it doesn't matter.
I think Kaguya, while she is a lot better than people say, is, of course, just shoehorned in, but even if he would be better, Madara would also suck balls.
I just couldn't make sense of this statement tbh. What do you mean?

But...that's kinda what she is tho. She is not interesting and she came without much setup.
I found her role in her sons' backstory quite interesting. She also presented some pretty cool abilities, and her fighting Sasuke and Naruto, but simultaneously being distraught over it, was an interesting direction. I will agree that there wasn't much setup, unless you count the Kaguya Clan.
If I had it my way, the Asura and Indra reincarnation BS wouldn't even be a thing. So it doesn't matter.
Curse of Hatred is an Uchiha thing.
I just couldn't make sense of this statement tbh. What do you mean?
Well. There's a metaphorical interpretation in which I'm saying he would not live up to expectations, and a drastically literal one.

I found her role in her sons' backstory quite interesting.
Isn't this filler?
She also presented some pretty cool abilities, and her fighting Sasuke and Naruto, but simultaneously being distraught over it, was an interesting direction. I will agree that there wasn't much setup, unless you count the Kaguya Clan.
Ok I guess. Not enough for me. Her loving her sons while hating them for their betrayal is not that deep. At least not without the context that Boruto later adds. Also I would hardly call Kaguya Clan "much setup".
Curse of Hatred is an Uchiha thing.
Isn't that a thing regardless of Kaguya then? I don't remember Tobirama ever being manipulated by Zetsu.
Well. There's a metaphorical interpretation in which I'm saying he would not live up to expectations, and a drastically literal one.
Not really. I doubt people would have an issue if Naruto and Sasuke had to seal Madara just like Hagoromo and Hamura had to seal Kaguya. Madara by the time he activated IT, had already lived up to everyone's expectations. All he needed was a fitting end. The author could have easily powered him up to Kaguya's level and from there it would play out similarly. Maybe add a bit of Talk no Jutsu to debunk his worldview. Actually nobody really needed to debunk Madara. It could have been left as is and it would have been great.

Isn't this filler?
Nah, the short bit Hags mentioned was kinda neat.
Ok I guess. Not enough for me. Her loving her sons while hating them for their betrayal is not that deep. At least not without the context that Boruto later adds. Also I would hardly call Kaguya Clan "much setup".
Yeah, I said there wasn't much.
Isn't that a thing regardless of Kaguya then? I don't remember Tobirama ever being manipulated by Zetsu.
Yeah, but it feels Madara being the final, "this is his fault," big bad lends credence to the idea. I know they could've written around that, but I promise you it would not be different enough from the Obito fight for people to like it. Making even the "allmighty" Madara a victim of a cycle of manipulation stemming from one primordial being is a good move in my book. Say what you will about Kaguya, but Zetsu was a goated villain.
Not really. I doubt people would have an issue if Naruto and Sasuke had to seal Madara just like Hagoromo and Hamura had to seal Kaguya. Madara by the time he activated IT, had already lived up to everyone's expectations. All he needed was a fitting end. The author could have easily powered him up to Kaguya's level and from there it would play out similarly. Maybe add a bit of Talk no Jutsu to debunk his worldview. Actually nobody really needed to debunk Madara. It could have been left as is and it would have been great.
The thing is, he was already doing the same thing with that conversation where he was like "I'm gonna be king of the ninja pirates" and Obito was like "dont come inside me," which is Juubito's most memorable line. Him talking down Madara wouldn't really work, because Hashirama couldn't do the same thing, and I promise you Top M cares less about a kid's opinion. While Madara was getting jumped by Team 7 and all the Edo Hokage, my man would just see this as the world ruining things for him again.

Nah, the short bit Hags mentioned was kinda neat.
Ah ok.
Yeah, but it feels Madara being the final, "this is his fault," big bad lends credence to the idea. I know they could've written around that, but I promise you it would not be different enough from the Obito fight for people to like it. Making even the "allmighty" Madara a victim of a cycle of manipulation stemming from one primordial being is a good move in my book. Say what you will about Kaguya, but Zetsu was a goated villain.
You misunderstand me. I do understand that Madara being a victim of manipulation has a lot of potential. But imo seeing the way it was handled, it would have been a net positive if Madara was the final villain even if there was a thematically better villain available. They simply didn't set Kaguya up well enough for that. Themes, messages and morals aren't the only components that determine quality of a show imo.
The thing is, he was already doing the same thing with that conversation where he was like "I'm gonna be king of the ninja pirates" and Obito was like "dont come inside me," which is Juubito's most memorable line. Him talking down Madara wouldn't really work, because Hashirama couldn't do the same thing, and I promise you Top M cares less about a kid's opinion. While Madara was getting jumped by Team 7 and all the Edo Hokage, my man would just see this as the world ruining things for him again.
I agree that Naruto using TnJ on Madara would be repetitive. Especially since he will do it again against Sasuke. But that's not what my point is. They could have left Madaras ideology unchallenged and it still would have worked. The issues that Madara pointed out in their world are very real (even though his expectations are kinda unrealistic). The audience doesn't need to agree with his solution really. They are free to choose their stance. The fact would be that Naruto and co won by sealing him so he loses his right to mold the world according to his ideology.
It was laundry day
Or they wear Orange and Yellow underwear respectively.

Back