• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
10 light speed statements but only 1 exists in the 800+ manga chapters verse wide

We're never beating the allegations
I would find it strange if all of these were said in the manga. Like, there's no narrator, the character would say "my attack can reach the speed of light"?? It would look extremely weird. The Databook works better, as its function is to provide more detailed information. And in the novels, the narrator passes on this information, so it gets better.

I'm curious what are people's rationalizations for the Ethereal Transmission Jutsu not capping the speed of anyone with less than Raikage Ay (3 or 4) durability below light speed. Given that it is directly stated that the speed of the transmission is so fast, that the body cannot keep up, and is thus shredded and lacerated.

I'm curious what are people's rationalizations for the Ethereal Transmission Jutsu not capping the speed of anyone with less than Raikage Ay (3 or 4) durability below light speed. Given that it is directly stated that the speed of the transmission is so fast, that the body cannot keep up, and is thus shredded and lacerated.
My interpretation is that the transference style is also directly responsible for this, as it sort of "dematerializes" the targets. I say that this has more to do with the person's habit of traveling at this speed than durability itself, Because you see, technically every ninja is more resistant than objects, but they are torn apart but any other non-living object is not. I see this more as a transfer style problem.

My interpretation is that the transference style is also directly responsible for this, as it sort of "dematerializes" the targets. I say that this has more to do with the person's habit of traveling at this speed than durability itself, Because you see, technically every ninja is more resistant than objects, but they are torn apart but any other non-living object is not. I see this more as a transfer style problem.
Right, the jutsu does appear to treat living beings and material objects differently. However, nevertheless, Mabui states (and the databooks state this too) that the only issue with transporting a person is that the speed is too fast for the body to keep up. There's zero implication that it's a deconstruction thing. Furthermore, durability wouldn't play any part in making you tank decon.

Right, the jutsu does appear to treat living beings and material objects differently. However, nevertheless, Mabui states (and the databooks state this too) that the only issue with transporting a person is that the speed is too fast for the body to keep up. There's zero implication that it's a deconstruction thing. Furthermore, durability wouldn't play any part in making you tank decon.
However, the quiz book only says that it is not possible for a person to withstand the shock of the transfer, unless they have a strong body, it does not talk about speed itself. Even though speed also has some influence on this, the transfer method is also one of the reasons.

How does Haku's jutsu reconcile with this? Isn't he transporting himself at SoL? Is he more durable than the Raikage?
Exactly, it's probably a question of the method itself. And anyway, I haven't thought of a scale where characters weaker than the base Raikage scale in any way. The Raikage himself has a statement of being comparable to Minato in speed only at Yoroi level 1.

However, the quiz book only says that it is not possible for a person to withstand the shock of the transfer, unless they have a strong body, it does not talk about speed itself. Even though speed also has some influence on this, the transfer method is also one of the reasons.
It's because of the speed, it's explicitly because of the speed of living beings, it's just outright stated.

However, the quiz book only says that it is not possible for a person to withstand the shock of the transfer,
which makes sense because its a reference to a popular science fiction trope of teleporting humans the people coming out as grilled meat on the other wise lol

It's because of the speed, it's explicitly because of the speed of living beings, it's just outright stated.
It is stated in the fourth Databook, while in the quiz book it sounds more in relation to the transfer charge, the method itself. What I meant was it could be not just the speed, but also other factors, as we have Haku, who is not more durable than the Base Raikage, but can move at that speed.

In fact, if we consider that this is a limiter, that is, no one less durable than the Base Raikage can move at this speed, That would also be a support for him, wouldn't it? because he resists transfer in base form, which means that his body supports the speed, and we have the statement that equates him to Minato in Yoroi lvl 1, and the Lariat statement, everything corroborates the fact that we have the base Raikage Rel/Rel+, SoL with Yoroi lvl 1, and FTL with Yoroi lvl 2+Shunshin. The cases of Haku and the character from the novel Retsuden can be treated as exceptions, as they are also having a boost by a jutsu but which has a different method.

Either way, I don't see it interfering with the scale, after all, the base Raikage doesn't have impressive feats of durability anyway, and the peak of his power is emphasized when he use the armor.

????
GUUNm3LWAAAiwGh

we have Haku
It's stated that it's possible for Haku to move at the speed of light, not that they always do.

In fact, if we consider that this is a limiter, that is, no one less durable than the Base Raikage can move at this speed, That would also be a support for him, wouldn't it? because he base resists transfer, which means that his body supports the speed, and we have the statement that equates him to Minato in Yoroi lvl 1, and the Lariat statement, everything corroborates the fact that we have the base Raikage Rel/Rel+, SoL with Yoroi lvl 1, and FTL with Yoroi lvl 2+Shunshin. The cases of Haku and the character from the novel Retsuden can be treated as exceptions, as they are also having a boost by a jutsu but which has a different method.
I don't believe Mabui's jutsu supports or discredits lightspeed Ay metas. I wouldn't call it support, but yes we do know Ay's body is capable of moving at light speeds without harm.

Either way, I don't see it interfering with the scale, after all, the base Raikage doesn't have impressive feats of durability anyway, and the peak of his power is emphasized when he use the armor.
I don't think anyone is saying base Ay caps the verse per se. Anyone who's base Ay durability level or higher is unaffected by this.

Screenshot_2024-08-07_003411.png

how do you guys interpret this statement? Specifically the "Claw Grimes that wield the Ten Tails' power"
It could be interpreted in a lot of ways, like:
They have the strength of a Juubi. (Pretty possible given the vast difference in strength between TBV and Shippuden characters)
They possess the abilities of the Shinju. (Traveling between claw marks, although this one's pretty doubtful given the context)
They can turn into a tree and have rinnegan like the Juubi (lol)

They possess the abilities of the Shinju. (Traveling between claw marks, although this one's pretty doubtful given the context)
Yeah very doubtful especially considering they don't ever even show any abilities of the Juubi all they do is bite you and absorb ur chakra turning you into a tree, vaguely similar to the Juubi, but that's about it.
They have the strength of a Juubi.
small part of juubi chakra
Naturally I dont think they're individually as strong as the Juubi itself, but rather theyre collectively as strong/relative as the Juubi, as an army. Since the quote mentions "power", which obviously refers to AP, do you think it's a fair interpretation to say that their AP should narratively be lower than the Juubi's for the statement to hold true? And if the Claw Grimes' AP happens to be higher, it'd contradict the statement?

Naturally I dont think they're individually as strong as the Juubi itself, but rather theyre collectively as strong/relative as the Juubi, as an army. Since the quote mentions "power", which obviously refers to AP, do you think it's a fair interpretation to say that their AP should narratively be lower than the Juubi's for the statement to hold true? And if the Claw Grimes' AP happens to be higher, it'd contradict the statement?
Not sure, honestly I think it just depends on what you think is narratively consistent, I think the only way we can directly scale a Claw Grime to a Juubi is if they defeat someone on that level, or if all of their combined chakra gets a statement like that.

No. Look at it like a venn diagram. They have the power of ten tails, but that's not all they have. They obviously have Code's claw marks so they don't just collectively add up to only the ten tails. Realistically speaking, yeah, the wording seems to imply that ten tails power is what's special about them, so they should be weaker than one ten tails. But if ever there is a situation that contradicts this, it can easily be argued that Code's karma enhanced them, which also happened to the Shinju and was stated by Boruto. So I disagree with a cap like that.

Edit: For example war arc Naruto had the power of Kurama. But he only had half of it. Does that put a cap on KCM2 SM Naruto in a way that he can't be scaled higher than complete Kurama?

No. Look at it like a venn diagram. They have the power of ten tails, but that's not all they have. They obviously have Code's claw marks so they don't just collectively add up to only the ten tails. Realistically speaking, yeah, the wording seems to imply that ten tails power is what's special about them, so they should be weaker than one ten tails. But if ever there is a situation that contradicts this, it can easily be argued that Code's karma enhanced them, which also happened to the Shinju and was stated by Boruto. So I disagree with a cap like that.
So what about say individually? Would you say that one Grime would be weaker than the Juubi? Is there anything narratively that's stopping one Grime from being stronger than the Juubi? Or do you think bc of Code's chakra, for all we know one Grime could be stronger than the Juubi?

So what about say individually? Would you say that one Grime would be weaker than the Juubi?
As things stand currently, yes. They are being cut through like butter and the best feat they have got is catching base Kawaki off guard. Someone who is known to not train anything other than his Karma.
Is there anything narratively that's stopping one Grime from being stronger than the Juubi?
There is no hard cap but it will become a bit hard to believe. For example the Shinju are explicitly stated to be: Host + Code's Karma + Juubi Chakra. So them being stronger than any of their "sources" is not that hard to believe. But the Grimes on the other hand are:
1. Fodder
2. Never are explicitly stated to have gained power from anything other than the Juubi (iirc)
Or do you think bc of Code's chakra, for all we know one Grime could be stronger than the Juubi?
I think a TLDR is due on my part. I believe there is no logical cap on the Grimes power (as far as I can remember that is). But currently, realistically, they should be weaker than one Juubi because any external sources than we can think of are only implications. We don't have statements that say the Grimes were enhanced AP wise by Code's Karma like we have for the Shinju. We only induce that because the Grimes can travel though claw marks.

So the only way I can see Grimes > Juubi is if we get better feats that contradict the notion that Juubi > Grimes. But there is no cap from the given statements. I don't know if I was able to explain my thoughts well.

Also I did some re-reading and before the timeskip, Ada states that Code is creating [over] 1000 Grimes, all split off from the Juubi, which Shikamaru reiterates for us.

In TBV, Boruto states that Code had enhanced the Grimes with his chakra which makes them different and more dangerous than Code currently understands. (We also see characters like Sarada, Chocho, Shikadai and Kawaki easily deal with them without any problems. So obviously the Grimes aren't a problem, physically per se. They have the advantages in number and their hax is pretty broken if you get tagged by it.) We didn't understand what Boruto meant until the next chapter, where we see the Shinju themselves. It's those guys who have the mix of Code's chakra and the Juubi. Originally we thought the Shinju was that mixture, but thanks to the context of the Shinju, we know that's not the case. It's very likely they're just bite sized, weaker versions of the Juubi with Code's claw marks on their bodies restricting them so he can control them. We know that the Grimes aren't anything special because even Code is in disbelief with Boruto's comment moments before the Shinju spawn, saying "how can they be such a threat? Their only abilities are devouring." Implying he didn't amp them very much (if at all, especially since you have Inoshikachou dealing with them, and base Kawaki).

So I say all that to say that the Grimes are very likely just split off pieces that are weaker than Juubi, that have Code's Shinjutsu and I think their feats support this notion too (currently we scale them higher than the Juubi, but if what im saying tracks, a downgrade may be in order). Obviously the Shinjus are a different case.

Edit: also never typing this much on mobile again holy shit. I had to rewrite this like 3 times)

bite sized
Yum
So I say all that to say that the Grimes are very likely just split off pieces that are weaker than Juubi, that have Code's Shinjutsu and I think their feats support this notion too (currently we scale them higher than the Juubi, but if what im saying tracks, a downgrade may be in order). Obviously the Shinjus are a different case.
What was the reasoning for scaling them higher than the Juubi? Also by Juubi, do you mean the one from 4GNW.

im gonna axe the anime 😈
Yeah. All this time I was yapping about the Juubi from Kara. I should have mentioned that I guess.
that's totally my bad lol

that does change things tho, cause unless we have any reason for the War Juubi and the Kara Juubi to scale to one another, then the Kara Juubi is currently featless and would logically just upscale from the Grimes right? So then there'd be no cap, as you were saying huh

im gonna axe the anime 😈
Our lord and savior Alt is gonna bring the real anime scaling. Don't worry.
that's totally my bad lol
Np
that does change things tho, cause unless we have any reason for the War Juubi and the Kara Juubi to scale to one another, then the Kara Juubi is currently featless and would logically just upscale from the Grimes right? So then there'd be no cap, as you were saying huh
Yeah. It all depends on how they perform for sure. Although you could infer abductively that Kara Jubi < 4GNW Jubi from the "Juvenile" statement, but that only works if the Grime's feats are below that of 4GNW Jubi.

Last edited:
1. I'm relatively fine with it being a speed cap for Sannin level and below (since that's Base A3/4's best dura assertion)
2. It could be that travelling a long distance at that speed makes it harder. Like how you could withstand freezing cold for a few seconds, but the longer you're exposed to it, the more the effects will worsen

Back