• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto FTL downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, but saying his body rotated almost 90 degrees is still pointless because that rotation was only seen after the laser went far past Naruto's body. Instead, one should probably take half his height and rotate around 30º

We can calculate Arc Length by identifying the Axis of Rotation, which would be Naruto's center of mass, which is slightly below his belly button since he is still kind of straight in that shot, likely wouldn't shift by much. 30 degrees would likely do the job, while still allowing for the beam to break his staff.
A laser beam has a diameter of 1mm on average. If the majority can agree on where Madara was aiming on Naruto, which looks to be his chin when he realized what was happening, then it's easy to find the minimum distance moved. But just finding the minimum allowable movement possible in the given timeframe isn't accurate either. Torso flexion allows him to move his head since his upper body is connected, but also ducking his head down adds distance to the feat, as minimal as it is.

Hard disagree with the first end. Naruto does not move in a straight line like that. I recommend completely removing that.

Good try with the second end but Naruto doesn’t just move his head. He kinda just spun his entire body to evade it. So rather than only using face height use either size of head - center of body or something.
The 45 degree movement in and of itself is flawed because it falls under the same premise as the op. We see he moves 45 degrees after the laser passes his head, so it would also be a highball of sorts.

I feel my comment addresses that, especially since working out the math probably wouldn't make it as high as 45 degrees.

Currently leaning on agreeing with Golden_Void, but anyone know of a black magic spell that will make M3X comment on this thread no matter what?

A laser beam has a diameter of 1mm on average. If the majority can agree on where Madara was aiming on Naruto, which looks to be his chin when he realized what was happening, then it's easy to find the minimum distance moved. But just finding the minimum allowable movement possible in the given timeframe isn't accurate either. Torso flexion allows him to move his head since his upper body is connected, but also ducking his head down adds distance to the feat, as minimal as it is.
He also shifts his head sideways, but all these movements happen at the same time.

Let's go one by one, first flexing the torso, this is a rotation around the spine. Ducking his head. This is also a rotation, but around the neck. He also tilts his entire body, this is a lateral movement of the entire body. Let's go over ways to calculate all of that since you want to get unnecessarily complex.

Now, let’s use the following proportions:
  • h: Naruto's height
  • n: length of the neck
  • t: length of the torso
We can calculate the amount of movement in each case using just these three elements and assuming radiants.
If the person flexes their torso by an angle θ radians, the displacement of Naruto's torso (assuming the head doesn’t move) will be t * (1 - cos(θ)). This comes from the properties of the circle, as the torso rotation can be thought of as a circular arc, but the head DOES move, so, if the person ducks their head by an angle φ radians, the displacement will be n * (1 - cos(φ)). If the person rotates laterally by a distance d, the displacement is simply d. Again, we can assume 30 degrees for the body movement.

So, the total displacement, assuming these movements are independent, would be t * θ + n * φ + d.

So, the total displacement, assuming these movements are independent, would be t * θ + n * φ + d.
I mean, I gave you a formula, he flexed his torso sideways (sagittal plane), ducked his head (also sagittal) AND his body rotated (frontal plane).
15 degrees for the torso, 30 degress for both the head shifting downwards and for the body rotation.

It will hardly matter. You need to know the length of his torso, the distance from the hip joint to the shoulder joint, to measure the length of the neck for DUCKING, you measure the distance from the base of the neck to the base of the skull, and the body can just his height.

He also shifts his head sideways, but all these movements happen at the same time.

Let's go one by one, first flexing the torso, this is a rotation around the spine. Ducking his head. This is also a rotation, but around the neck. He also tilts his entire body, this is a lateral movement of the entire body. Let's go over ways to calculate all of that since you want to get unnecessarily complex.
It isn't unnecessarily complex; it's the feat. Common sense tells us that if Naruto didn't need to duck his head down when he could just bend out of the way, then he wouldn't have.
Now, let’s use the following proportions:
  • h: Naruto's height
  • n: length of the neck
  • t: length of the torso
We can calculate the amount of movement in each case using just these three elements and assuming radiants.
If the person flexes their torso by an angle θ radians, the displacement of Naruto's torso (assuming the head doesn’t move) will be t * (1 - cos(θ)). This comes from the properties of the circle, as the torso rotation can be thought of as a circular arc, but the head DOES move, so, if the person ducks their head by an angle φ radians, the displacement will be n * (1 - cos(φ)). If the person rotates laterally by a distance d, the displacement is simply d. Again, we can assume 30 degrees for the body movement.

Exactly, except you wouldn't need to guess the angle when solving for this since you can just as easily find how much he actually moved when measuring this stuff out.

I mean, I gave you a formula, he flexed his torso sideways (sagittal plane), ducked his head (also sagittal) AND his body rotated (frontal plane).
15 degrees for the torso, 30 degress for both the head shifting downwards and for the body rotation.

It will hardly matter. You need to know the length of his torso, the distance from the hip joint to the shoulder joint, to measure the length of the neck for DUCKING, you measure the distance from the base of the neck to the base of the skull, and the body can just his height.
Don't think we need to measure his body rotating since that's likely a response of gravity due to him dodging in mid-air. Just the torso and neck. You can just use the torso if you want, but that's probably costing you on the end result (for those who care about that.)

A reminder that doing all that is just for the distance moved. You still need to make all that fit within the distance and/or timeframe applicable to the light beam.

Exactly, except you wouldn't need to guess the angle when solving for this since you can just as easily find how much he actually moved when measuring this stuff out.
Oh no, the angle of rotation/radiants is an integral part of this, otherwise the ducking and torso flex wouldn't be measurable, the 15/30 scale is likely enough to get out of the way.
that's likely a response of gravity
He's flying, and I don't think gravity has any influence on him. I think you meant momentum here, no?

A reminder that doing all that is just for the distance moved. You still need to make all that fit within the distance and/or timeframe applicable to the light beam.
It will be.

Oh no, the angle of rotation/radiants is an integral part of this, otherwise the ducking and torso flex wouldn't be measurable, the 15/30 scale is likely enough to get out of the way.
I'm saying instead of guessing the angle it could just as easily be measured out for who else is doing the calc, to know definitively.
He's flying, and I don't think gravity has any influence on him. I think you meant momentum here, no?
Yeah

I'm saying instead of guessing the angle it could just as easily be measured out for who else is doing the calc, to know definitively.
Pardon for my ignorance, but how? We don't have a clear shot of Naruto's position in the exact moment the laser goes over his previous position, just a quick "before" and "after", where the laser is already far beyond Naruto and the screen.

He didn't tilt his head; he ducked down diagonally. Point being - Naruto had to bend his torso and duck his head down to dodge the beam; he didn't just rotate 45 degrees. The total distance moved should be considered for the feat to be valid, among OP's concerns.
I agree with this

Pardon for my ignorance, but how? We don't have a clear shot of Naruto's position in the exact moment the laser goes over his previous position, just a quick "before" and "after", where the laser is already far beyond Naruto and the screen.
I meant how much angular movement would be involved from the sum of his body parts to "just miss" the light, but I'll just post what I would do if I were doing the calc.
5BVR1Kv.jpg

We know the distance between the two and how far the light has already traveled since we see Naruto begin to react when the light is at the staff. That tells us all we need to know for exactly where the light would be relative to Naruto's face position. The light breaks the staff in 1.698ns and would reach Naruto in 3.088ns, and Naruto has 1.39ns to move a minimum of 3.5cm after the staff is broken (see below), or else he's pierced. How people choose to find the distance depends on what's agreed upon.

bE6kWEJ.jpg

At a minimum, from what we are properly shown, Naruto moves at least 0.107c, which is already more distance than the bare minimum he would have had to cover to laterally dodge the jutsu (which we know he didn't do.) Using OP's green line in his calc, and assuming Naruto's head drags along the green line in a 2D plane (not the 3D direction we've just been discussing), that gives us 0.268c. The light moved over 55% of the distance between Naruto and Madara (still FTL perception) before Naruto could move 10%.

Finding the total distance Naruto rotated along the green line would probably be the most accurate, but I don't feel like it.

I meant how much angular movement would be involved from the sum of his body parts to "just miss" the light, but I'll just post what I would do if I were doing the calc.
5BVR1Kv.jpg

We know the distance between the two and how far the light has already traveled since we see Naruto begin to react when the light is at the staff. That tells us all we need to know for exactly where the light would be relative to Naruto's face position. The light breaks the staff in 1.698ns and would reach Naruto in 3.088ns, and Naruto has 1.39ns to move a minimum of 3.5cm after the staff is broken (see below), or else he's pierced. How people choose to find the distance depends on what's agreed upon.

bE6kWEJ.jpg

At a minimum, from what we are properly shown, Naruto moves at least 0.107c, which is already more distance than the bare minimum he would have had to cover to laterally dodge the jutsu (which we know he didn't do.) Using OP's green line in his calc, and assuming Naruto's head drags along the green line in a 2D plane (not the 3D direction we've just been discussing), that gives us 0.268c. The light moved over 55% of the distance between Naruto and Madara (still FTL perception) before Naruto could move 10%.
I love how you didn't answer my question, provided a solution on a 2D scale after arguing that it was inaccurate when we did it, and people are still upvo-
I'm sorry does anyone here know what they're talking about? like????? Why are you just supporting this guy just repeating what we said earlier?
Finding the total distance Naruto rotated along the green line would probably be the most accurate, but I don't feel like it.
And how exactly would you convert that to angular movement without eyeballing and guessing based on spatial awareness?

No, I've provided solutions based on your complaints, even used actual 3D rendering and cardinal movement to get a more accurate result and you just go "Actually, 2D pixelscaling"? Hell no. At this point, I might just do the god damn calc myself, this is ridiculous.

I'mma calculate the minimum angle Naruto needed to rotate both torso and neck to avoid this stupid laser, which should be an easy calculation but I guess people love asking for overly """"complicated"""" detailed versions they can't even do themselves. This pisses me off.

We need to know the distance the laser is from Naruto's chin, which is 17.8266069 centimeters.
If a person flexes their torso by an angle θ radians, the chin moves along the arc of a circle with radius t. The length of this arc is t * θ.
Similarly, if the person ducks their head by an angle φ radians, the chin moves along the arc of a circle with radius n. The length of this arc is n * φ.
You know the drill, the total distance the person needs to move to dodge the laser is t * θ + n * φ.
  • To minimize the angles θ and φ, we could set them to be equal (since t and n are constants), and solve for θ and φ in terms of L, t, and n. This gives us θ = φ = L / (t + n). Converting this from radians to degrees gives us θ = φ = (L / (t + n)) * (180 / π) degrees
  • θ = φ = (17 / (45.72 + 38.6)) * (180 / π) = 11.5515685 degrees.
I was actually being generous with 15 degrees, my GOD. We know how much this f*cker had to rotate with both neck and torso to get away from a laser that's 17cm, now let's do the basics.
  • 11.5515685 degress is 0.2016129040942 rad.
  • Naruto's movement: 44.82x0.2016129040942+38.7x0.2016129040942 = 16.8387097cm
  • Naruto's speed: 16.8387097/17.8266069 = 0.94c (Relativistic+)

This is the most accurate version of the feat. I'm OUT of here.

Quick question, if one of those 0.9c or higher calcs was accepted, would significantly faster characters, like Jigen, would upscale to baseline SoL?

Speed revisions are apparently in the works, so this is not beating the meta

Quick question, if one of those 0.9c or higher calcs was accepted, would significantly faster characters, like Jigen, would upscale to baseline SoL?

Speed revisions are apparently in the works, so this is not beating the meta
I mean like any verse, if a dude is at the cusp of the next step up, and his ass gets blitzed. Basic upscaling would kick in, tbh not like i have a say here, but nothin personal-ing a 0.9c dude probably means you bridging a less than 0.1 gap imo.

I mean like any verse, if a dude is at the cusp of the next step up, and his ass gets blitzed. Basic upscaling would kick in, tbh not like i have a say here, but nothin personal-ing a 0.9c dude probably means you bridging a less than 0.1 gap imo.
Ok, that is what I thought. That for sure applies to Jigen, so we'll have to note that in any revisions. Thank you.

I love how you didn't answer my question, provided a solution on a 2D scale after arguing that it was inaccurate when we did it, and people are still upvo-
I did answer it 🗿
"Finding the total distance Naruto rotated along the green line would probably be the most accurate, but I don't feel like it."

You went off the rails to do my work for me, and you're mad at me???
yapping.gif

I did answer it 🗿
"Finding the total distance Naruto rotated along the green line would probably be the most accurate, but I don't feel like it."
That doesn't get me an angle, none of your nonsense does, like bro you actually have no idea what you're talking about it's insane.
You went off the rails to do my work for me, and you're mad at me???
yapping.gif
Funny man, stop pretending you could do anything, you're just been barking at us for using 2D methodology to find the distance, and when I ask you to elaborate you go and do the same basic ahh pixelscaling, and find a 2D distance using just the face, instead of implementing all the things you asked for.

"Boo hoo, I don't feel like it", I already did it. You may leave.

That doesn't get me an angle, none of your nonsense does, like bro you actually have no idea what you're talking about it's insane.

Funny man, stop pretending you could do anything, you're just been barking at us for using 2D methodology to find the distance, and when I ask you to elaborate you go and do the same basic ahh pixelscaling, and find a 2D distance using just the face, instead of implementing all the things you asked for.

"Boo hoo, I don't feel like it", I already did it. You may leave.
Your question, in no specific nor alluding words, asked me to produce anything mathematical. I wasn't barking anything; I was publicly voicing my personal thought process.

I am the architect, and you are my builder.

nah-id-stand-proud-v0-22rp2olcubzb1.jpg

You're lucky I even made scribbles

We need to know the distance the laser is from Naruto's chin, which is 17.8266069 centimeters.
If a person flexes their torso by an angle θ radians, the chin moves along the arc of a circle with radius t. The length of this arc is t * θ.
Similarly, if the person ducks their head by an angle φ radians, the chin moves along the arc of a circle with radius n. The length of this arc is n * φ.
You know the drill, the total distance the person needs to move to dodge the laser is t * θ + n * φ.
  • To minimize the angles θ and φ, we could set them to be equal (since t and n are constants), and solve for θ and φ in terms of L, t, and n. This gives us θ = φ = L / (t + n). Converting this from radians to degrees gives us θ = φ = (L / (t + n)) * (180 / π) degrees
  • θ = φ = (17 / (45.72 + 38.6)) * (180 / π) = 11.5515685 degrees.
I was actually being generous with 15 degrees, my GOD. We know how much this f*cker had to rotate with both neck and torso to get away from a laser that's 17cm, now let's do the basics.
  • 11.5515685 degress is 0.2016129040942 rad.
  • Naruto's movement: 44.82x0.2016129040942+38.7x0.2016129040942 = 16.8387097cm
  • Naruto's speed: 16.8387097/17.8266069 = 0.94c (Relativistic+)
Now that is over, this was an actual attempt to get all the angular movement into account, can any CGM confirm if this is fine to add to a blog?

Okay, now I will try to explain why calculating all that with angles isn't a good idea. Here I drawed 2 black lines as Naruto's before and after positions(don't mind their scale for now). Its from sacral to top of his head. Also I won't even use thickness of his head for this calc.
Red line is distance from laser to Naruto's chin which is 17 cm

For Black line: a = 168÷(218,497+96,664+131,034)×218,497 = 82,2678 cm

a(1-cosα) = 21,4 cm

1-cosα = 0,26012

sinα = 0,67274

a×sinα = 55,344839 cm

As you see Naruto can't evade the attack no matter how he is fast and it will look like this(here red line is laser itself). So either we will also consider that naruto while dodging attack isn't leaning directly, ignoring previous situation or he doesn't even rotate around his sacral(as this isn't even necessarily true making it unusable)

First option:

α ≈ 0,737906 + 2πk (in radians)

(0,737906×180÷π)÷360×2×π×82,2678 = 60,705903226800 cm

60,705903226800÷17,826606871 = 3,4053537875205 c

For the second option we can just use a direct line for minimum distance as all previous things are just for making result higher(this is what I made before, avoiding out of timeframe movements)

I can be wrong but as you take that distance he have to move is equal to the distance laser is away from naruto, result will be speed of light. You got 0.94 c because used 45.72 cm for t and 38.7 cm for n while finding angle instead of 44.82 and 38.6
So he found how much naruto moved by assuming the distance he moved? Like finding out naruto moved 16 cm, after assuming he moved 17 cm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back