• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto FTL downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this somehow does get accepted we should start looking into the possibility that all the hundred light speed statements are not hyperboles

giphy.gif

The highest tier of characters going from slightly FTL to below faster than light means that all the insane amount of mistranslations (when we accept like 3 other lightspeed attacks not including this) should be considered lightspeed when they're done by an armada of characters slower than the god tiers

Yeah that makes sense

The highest tier of characters going from slightly FTL to below faster than light means that all the insane amount of mistranslations (when we accept like 3 other lightspeed attacks not including this) should be considered lightspeed when they're done by an armada of characters slower than the god tiers

Yeah that makes sense
I was doing a funny

Yeah that makes sense
Not that i care but the reason god tiers are still FTL is because there is no other calc to scale from, Naruto nowadays is massively higher than that FTL calc but because there is no calc or multiplier can't go above that.

Not that i care but the reason god tiers are still FTL is because there is no other calc to scale from, Naruto nowadays is massively higher than that FTL calc but because there is no calc or multiplier can't go above that.
The verse really suffers from a lack of multipliers to get it higher in speed. Like Baryon Naruto is like 5 blitz tiers above the calc but we have no way of quantifying it

Yall acting like KingTempest said a slur. He said one thing in the beginning of the thread and left, and yall still quoting it like he offended a whole group of people, it's never that serious. Focus your attention to the OP lol.
well its against the rules no matter if he stayed or not, stop being biased

I went to sleep and Tdjwo is still salty.

yapping.gif
I'm not the one crying and complaining about "Naruto fans" thinking your debunk is bad.

🤦‍♂️

Can y'all just stop..... Like, seriously?

I don't understand the constant bickering back and forth when it's just going to result in y'all getting warned or possibly banned.

Just stop interacting with each other.

Let's wait until M3X has free time from his vacation so he can comment on the thread. It's that simple.
Guys, cut out the back and forth.
Can we make a discussion rule regarding the light fang once this thread gets rejected and closed. There's literally up to 5 threads about this topic.

Can we make a discussion rule regarding the light fang once this thread gets rejected and closed. There's literally up to 5 threads about this topic.
With the amount of threads that have been made on the topic, you probably have enough reason to make a discussion rule. But that's for a separate thread, let's just deal with this thread and we can discuss what to do after.

Provide evidence please.

I'm not really interested in this thread or the topic but it feels wrong to say link you sent were all rejected and discussed threads. What you linked 3 threads were not concluded. Zero staff input in them. 1 thread got closed by OP because of no response by max. Only one thread seems to be rejected so far.

I'm not really interested in this thread or the topic but it feels wrong to say link you sent were all rejected and discussed threads. What you linked 3 threads were not concluded. Zero staff input in them. 1 thread got closed by OP because of no response by max. Only one thread seems to be rejected so far.
Plus most of them appear to be from 2 to 3 years ago, with only one being made a year ago.

I love how there are two pages of comments and NONE OF THEM are discussing the OP, arguing or anything else. It's ridiculous.

I agree with the CRT, and to those who don't understand the problem:

• The original calculation measures how far away Lightfang is from Naruto's face. (17cm)
  • Then, it measures how much Naruto's head moved in the last frame.
  • The problem arrives when you consider the frame used to measure Naruto's movement we can see the laser crossed not only the originally measured 17cm, but it goes off-screen.
  • The original calculation compares this head movement to the original 17cm, which is irrefutably incorrect because we see Lightfang travelling further than 17cm in the same shot.
That means we either go frame by frame and stop once Lightfang is right above Naruto's torso, meaning a shorter head movement. Or, we keep the head movement, but measure the actual distance travelled by the light (which should not be the option picked because it goes off screen, and we can't measure it to it's full extent). The low end would be to measure the minimum distance Naruto would need to move in order to not get hit.

Either way, this results in a downgrade. I hope this made it easier for people to understand how this calc is fundamentally flawed in it's core, just a few adjustments would suffice, it's not like the feat is invalidated.

I'm not the one crying and complaining about "Naruto fans" thinking your debunk is bad.

if its a new debunk with new evidence it wouldn't matter how many there have been before it as long as it isn't the same reasoning.

I love how there are two pages of comments and NONE OF THEM are discussing the OP, arguing or anything else. It's ridiculous.

I agree with the CRT, and to those who don't understand the problem:

• The original calculation measures how far away Lightfang is from Naruto's face. (17cm)
  • Then, it measures how much Naruto's head moved in the last frame.
  • The problem arrives when you consider the frame used to measure Naruto's movement we can see the laser crossed not only the originally measured 17cm, but it goes off-screen.
  • The original calculation compares this head movement to the original 17cm, which is irrefutably incorrect because we see Lightfang travelling further than 17cm in the same shot.
That means we either go frame by frame and stop once Lightfang is right above Naruto's torso, meaning a shorter head movement. Or, we keep the head movement, but measure the actual distance travelled by the light (which should not be the option picked because it goes off screen, and we can't measure it to it's full extent). The low end would be to measure the minimum distance Naruto would need to move in order to not get hit.

Either way, this results in a downgrade. I hope this made it easier for people to understand how this calc is fundamentally flawed in it's core, just a few adjustments would suffice, it's not like the feat is invalidated.
That's right, I agree with this opinion.

This opinion is what I want to convey. That's why I said we could use half of Naruto's face to tell that he had to move just a little to avoid being hit by the Light Fang.

This opinion is what I want to convey. That's why I said we could use half of Naruto's face to tell that he had to move just a little to avoid being hit by the Light Fang.
I disagree with this, I feel the best option is to just pixel scale under the laser. I can remake the calc but yeah. Naruto moves more then half his face width in the timeframe.

I disagree with this, I feel the best option is to just pixel scale under the laser. I can remake the calc but yeah. Naruto moves more then half his face width in the timeframe.
This option isn't bad for me. But we can't tell the exact distance that Light Fang moved because Light Fang moves so much that it leaves the frame of the screen.

So, according to the old calc, Naruto's face is 0.214 m.

Naruto moves his head slightly in the same time it takes LF to reach his black rod.

The distance to the black rod: 0.214 m (156.2 px / 65.1 px) = 0.513 m

The distance Naruto moves his head: 0.214 m (164.6 px / 603 px) = 0.0584 m

Ratioing the distance multiplied by light speed gets Naruto's speed: 1c (0.0584 m / 0.513 m) = 0.114c

This is just sumn quick I whipped up, if there's a better way by all means, if not I can blog this.

Shouldn't this be moved to the Calc Group Discussion Thread since it involves a calc's validity?

So, according to the old calc, Naruto's face is 0.214 m.

Naruto moves his head slightly in the same time it takes LF to reach his black rod.

The distance to the black rod: 0.214 m (156.2 px / 65.1 px) = 0.513 m

The distance Naruto moves his head: 0.214 m (164.6 px / 603 px) = 0.0584 m

Ratioing the distance multiplied by light speed gets Naruto's speed: 1c (0.0584 m / 0.513 m) = 0.114c

This is just sumn quick I whipped up, if there's a better way by all means, if not I can blog this.
This isn't how I was going to calc it. I'll finish the blog in 10 minutes and send it here. I disagree with your calc here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back