• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto FTL downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't do it with everyone else here being at each other's throats. This needs proper consensus from CGMs and from the man who made the calc to begin with, without hearing his opinion on this this it becomes considerably unfair to him and everyone else involved as he isn't getting to speak for himself.

We can't do it with everyone else here being at each other's throats. This needs proper consensus from CGMs and from the man who made the calc to begin with, without hearing his opinion on this this it becomes considerably unfair to him and everyone else involved as he isn't getting to speak for himself.
He literally said he's abandoning the calc, did you not read what Arc7Kuro said?

Didn't m3x refuse to come to this issue? All we have to do is calculate success in the most accurate way and reach a common conclusion

If you're referring to M3X, he already expressed that he will not be commenting on this thread.
Lol another immediate update, M3X does not give a fvck about this calc anymore, and doesn't want to be involved with this thread. AKA M3X is not coming (nf).

I visibly saw, but as we can already see, this thread is erupting itself into chaos already without his assistance.

Best thing we can do now then is compile all the calcs done by Golden_Void, Topaz and Floxy, and leave it in the hands of CGMs.

I visibly saw, but as we can already see, this thread is erupting itself into chaos already without his assistance.

Best thing we can do now then is compile all the calcs done by Golden_Void, Topaz and Floxy, and leave it in the hands of CGMs.
I mean we've already got you and Damage here. We could call one or two more CGMs, then Bob's your uncle.

We're gonna need a lot more than that, and hardly anyone worth their mettle will come to a dreaded HST thread.

In any case, I need a list to be compiled of all the current calcs on blogs to see which one they prefer most and why before I tag the CGM armada.

I can be wrong but as you take that distance he have to move is equal to the distance laser is away from naruto, result will be speed of light. You got 0.94 c because used 45.72 cm for t and 38.7 cm for n while finding angle instead of 44.82 and 38.6
Fixed the values and it didn't change the result at all, basically. So that is untrue.

Fixed the values and it didn't change the result at all, basically. So that is untrue.
No, its just because you used 17 cm for L, not 17.8266069.

L÷(44,82+38,6)×(180÷π)×(π÷180)×(44,82+38,6) = L

as you see it doesn't really matter since you from the beginning assumed the distance that naruto have to go is equal to the distance laser away from.

Also for Naruto dodging it leaning forward and rotating around sacral is impossible as I explained before(even if laser won't move)

No, its just because you used 17 cm for L, not 17.8266069.

L÷(44,82+38,6)×(180÷π)×(π÷180)×(44,82+38,6) = L

as you see it doesn't really matter since you from the beginning assumed the distance that naruto have to go is equal to the distance laser away from.
True enough, so the angle I calculated would make Naruto aligned with the laser, so he would need to go past that angle in order to dodge it

This just means he must be faster than laser in order to dodge it
Hmmm,
we need Naruto to get out of the laser's path, which is aimed at the center of his chin, as his face is at the center of his body width (frontal plane) and his chin at the bottom of his face, we would need to take both into account.
If we take his face height as the opposite side, and his shoulder-to-shoulder radius as the adjacent side, we can find how much he would need to move diagonally in that amount of time, which is the lowest end possible. Of course, had he just went straight down, it would be so much easier.

Using the Pythagorean theorem we can figure this shit out.
  • Naruto's shoulder-to-shoulder length: 234/1007*166 = 38.57cm
  • Naruto's face height: 21.4cm
c² = a²+b² = 38.57²+21.4² = sqrt1945.6049 = 44.1090116cm. What do you think?

Hmmm,
we need Naruto to get out of the laser's path, which is aimed at the center of his chin, as his face is at the center of his body width (frontal plane) and his chin at the bottom of his face, we would need to take both into account.
If we take his face height as the opposite side, and his shoulder-to-shoulder radius as the adjacent side, we can find how much he would need to move diagonally in that amount of time, which is the lowest end possible. Of course, had he just went straight down, it would be so much easier.

To be honest, I think we can use half of his head width istead of full shoulder with(as laser isn't a threat to that part). In my calculation I added head thickness because his face was in the same direction as the movement so I think we can just draw a straight line that represents movement between 2 frames instead of making it so much more complex.

bE6kWEJ.jpg

The light moved over 55% of the distance between Naruto and Madara (still FTL perception) before Naruto could move 10%.
In keeping the tradition of avoiding making a calc a physics problem unless absolutely necessary, wouldn't it just be far easier to scale those equal and above Naruto's reactions to FTL, considering there is only one scene (shown above) where we actually see Naruto moving while the light moves? We can theorize all day the number of possibilities where Naruto could've moved, but at the end of the day, the fact of the matter is the anime and manga just don't clearly depict exactly how Naruto dodged while the light was still in front of him. It skips over that detail in both forms of media. The only thing we're accomplishing now is taking a "best assumption."

Last edited:
To be honest, I think we can use half of his head width istead of full shoulder with(as laser isn't a threat to that part). In my calculation I added head thickness because his face was in the same direction as the movement so I think we can just draw a straight line that represents movement between 2 frames instead of making it so much more complex.
What would the end-result be? How fast we talking?

My suggestion is 2.21 c. But if CGMs won't agree with naruto traveling thickness of his head, it will be:

18,6÷17,8266069=1,0433842011740 c

But I still think that naruto's head moving parallely and then at the end(after dodging laser) rotating his face to the direction of movement is quite unreal.
Well, CGMs haven't made any evaluations yet. I can tag them to take a look. Also, you could also add the low-end to your blog just in case.

Either way, from the looks of it, seems like Naruto isn't gonna go below FTL anytime soon.

@CloverDragon03 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Therefir @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @TheRustyOne Your evaluation of this blog would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I believe Floxy's reasonings and Golden_Void's reasonings to serve as a solid counter to the OP's concerns, regardless of whether we go with a calc or not.

This still falls under the problem in the OP.
Not really, Yellow_Topaz was saying the same but can you directly say which part? Because that is the minimum distance for escaping the attack, but if you're talking about green line, I didn't use in the calculation. I just wanted to be sure if the direction of line is okay, also to explain naruto's movement and to not use out of timeframe part.

Hmmm,

I'm curious to know, what would your calc yield with the re-done results above?

Not really, Yellow_Topaz was saying the same but can you directly say which part? Because that is the minimum distance for escaping the attack, but if you're talking about green line, I didn't use in the calculation. I just wanted to be sure if the direction of line is okay, also to explain naruto's movement and to not use out of timeframe part.
I checked, and yeah, the green line isn't even used for anything in the OG blog, it relies solely on Naruto's face marked in red and explicitly states the green line is out of the timeframe.

So, let me get this right. You're adding the width of his head to the distance he moved? For what reason?

I mis-read it the first time.

Sorry, I should state why I disagree with it to.

Move your head 1cm, now add your face width to the distance you moved and that's how much you actually moved according to this calc. It really makes no sense. I could be wrong but yeah.

Sorry, I should state why I disagree with it to.

Move your head 1cm, now add your face width to the distance you moved and that's how much you actually moved according to this calc. It really makes no sense. I could be wrong but yeah.
I did this because at the end naruto's face at the same direction as the movement. So I took that naruto dodged laser while rotating his face to that direction, so when the beginning of red line reaches the laser, naruto's head has to completely escape.

I did this because at the end naruto's face at the same direction as the movement. So I took that naruto dodged laser while rotating his face to that direction, so when the beginning of red line reaches the laser, naruto's head has to completely escape.
But then you would be assuming he rotated his face then moved down during the timeframe with no basis. It'd also be pretty funny to think that he would make it harder for himself to dodge an attack that could kill him.

But then you would be assuming he rotated his face then moved down during the timeframe with no basis.
That's... pretty much how our necks work. Try it yourself and you'll see what Floxy is saying tracks. The head needs room to move forward before it can angle down to avoid risk of neck muscle injury, ever tried to rotate your head down without slooping front first? Your chin makes contact and obstructs your head from moving efficiently.

It'd also be pretty funny to think that he would make it harder for himself to dodge an attack that could kill him.
Considering Madara immediately proceeded to swing the Light Fang down, I'd say it's highly substantiated that it'd be that much more difficult for Naruto to get out of the way if he didn't do it the way Floxy prescribed.

That's... pretty much how our neck works. Try it yourself and you'll see what Floxy is saying tracks.
Naruto turning his head has no basis, we don't actually know when he did it, unless you can prove he did it during the timeframe go with the lowball
Considering Madara immediately proceeded to swing the Light Fang down, I'd say it's highly substantiated that it'd be that much more difficult for Naruto to get out of the way if he didn't do it the way Floxy prescribed.
Wrong, rotating your body isn't a difficult thing. We also, again, don't know when he did said action making it unreliable to use.

But then you would be assuming he rotated his face then moved down during the timeframe with no basis. It'd also be pretty funny to think that he would make it harder for himself to dodge an attack that could kill him.
I believe it's easier than doing it to the side, its like impossible for naruto to rotate like that considering center of rotation and also that lower part didn't even move

Naruto turning his head has no basis, we don't actually know when he did it, unless you can prove he did it during the timeframe go with the lowball
Bro would have to move his head forward a little bit to then cover the downward line in red to get out of the way of the light safely (There is still the issue of Madara then swinging it down to slice him horizontally). If he did the red line first, he'd risk injuring his neck.

Wrong, rotating your body isn't a difficult thing. We also, again, don't know when he did said action making it unreliable to use.
Biomechanics would disagree with your claim, also, try rotating it in a life-or-death situation when a high-speed projectile is coming at you and you only notice it mere centimeters away from you.

Bro would have to move his head forward a little bit to then cover the downward line in red to get out of the way of the light. If he did the red line first he'd risk injuring his neck.
No he wouldn't. Get on your bed or something, jump and then twist yourself to the side.

Lets not forget the way you're suggesting it should be calced would mean Naruto should be facing the ground after he dodged, when he's not.

No he wouldn't. Get on your bed or something, jump and then twist yourself to the side.

Lets not forget the way you're suggesting it should be calced would mean Naruto should be facing the ground after he dodged, when he's not.

He is turning to the madara after facing the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back