• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Naruto/Boruto General Dattebayo Discussion thread #38 (New Year Edition)

MAn it's crazy how much information u can look over and just realize it a second time

Itachi needs water style syrup added to his profile from the Akatsuki Light novel

AstralKing7 said:
Itachi showed Sasuke his MS when Sasuke was still a child but that doesn't qualify as using an ability of the MS I guess. He also activated it first against the Mizukqge because he questioned the ability Amaterasu.
Didn't Itachi use tsukiyomi against kid Sasuke?

Also TFO i'll try and find it for ya

AstralKing7 said:
Bruhhhhhhh okay guys what would we call a flame that can carbonize something!?
I found the novel btw. Amatarsu is freaking broken!!

I'm taking my time to read it after that statement from the first few lines

I think Sasuke used Tsukiyomi in the Jinraiden novels

Code:
«Shut up and look into my eyes.» I said, grabbing him forcefully by his shoulders. Although a searing pain was preventing me to keep my eyes open, I strove not to shut my eyelids. Just like the moon in that black dream, bloody tears were leaking out of my mangekyo sharingan. My vision became dim. I couldn't distinguish almost anything. «Gwoooh!» An auditory hallucination took over the world and Jiryu Sendo's scared eyes suddenly widened. It was the signal that the reality, melting like ice little by little, was leaving space to genjutsu. The door of the genjutsu swung open, sucking Jiryu inside it. «W-what's happening? Where am I?» Running blindly in a blood-red forest, it seemed he didn't have a clue on what had happened, where he was, who he truly was. After all, it was impossible that he knew. In that world things went according to my thoughts: just like a kaleidoscope, the mangekyo sharingan projected my consciousness on the enemy's. To every consciousness there was a world, so for hundred people there were hundred different worlds. I was the god of that world, and the god was me. Even time flowed according to my will.

Code:
From the heights of the sky I watched Jiryu Sendo running aimlessly. «I'll show you a new reality.» I said. My eyes turned into two red moons, enlightening the night sky. «You'll tell everyone what I'm about to show you.» «Waaah! Help! Somebody help me!» «You'd like to take possession of Reishi's Kotaro, am I right?» I took Kina's appearance and I walked in front of him. Jiryu Sendo fell on the ground out of shock. «Wah! Where have you sprung from, you brat?!» «You're trapped into an illusion from which you'll never wake up.» «Never? Something like that is impossible!» I focused my strength in my eyes. «You're wrong. I just need to crush that petty brain of yours. Come on, look at me!» For the next seventy-two hours, I tormented Jiryu Sendo. Flowever, I'm referring to the time inside the genjutsu: it took me only a handful of seconds in real life. I completely destroyed the man's meninges and I transplanted the reality I wished to show him a million times. I was so exhausted that at the end of the illusion I couldn't even stand on my feet.

Oh yeah he used that genjutsu! Man see these are the moments when u realize it pays off to go through the series again

This really makes me laugh about how people argue that Kyoka Suigetsu is > Genjutsu in Naruto just because:

• Bleach Characters can't tell the difference between reality and Illusion
  • Only Aizen can release it.
Basic Genjutsu is deadlier, let alone "Special Genjutsu" like Tsukiyomi.

Also, Sasuke used Tsukiyomi on KB and You can only use Ssusanoo if you have both Tsukiyomi and Amateratsu.

Another interesting detail which could also be a genjutsu upgrade for Sasuke making him the strongest genjutsu user. Obito states that even with the MS it's completely impossible to control all of the Tailed Beasts. Sasuke did tho with the rinnegan. Sasuke Rinnegan prowess >>>every othe MS user with genjutsu

Yeah but before we didn't give Tsukiyomi as an ability to Sasuke, there's even a note under his page

"Due to Sasuke having Itachi's eyes he should be able to replicate all of his brother's Sharingan abilities. However Sasuke has not shown any of these in combat, so it must be noted in versus matches that he is allowed to use these powers. Otherwise they are unusable."

Now it's confirmed he used both amaterasu and tsukiyomi.

Finally something good for Sasuke. It's also clear as day with the little details cause Sasuke even states 72 hours. If I remember correctly that's how long Kakashi got tortured

Iirc, Itachi defeated Orochimaru with genjutsu, not in a fight.

Itachi used Tsukuyomi first time on Izumi to show their potential life which she literally lived nearly 80 years, it took 3 seconds for Itachi.

@TFO

Also, Sasuke used Tsukiyomi on KB and You can only use Ssusanoo if you have both Tsukiyomi and Amateratsu.

Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu required for Susano'o completely thrown out of the window. Madara and Kakashi with Obito's eyes. From Sasuke

That was Genjutsu: Mangekyo Sharingan iirc. Tsukuyomi is a fight changer, KB already be comatose if it used.

Also, Sasuke use Amaterasu with his left eye and use his right eye to shape it.

Tsukiyomi is the only Genjutsu that have the Negative color effect. This is consistent throughout the verse.

All that means us Sasuke wasn't as proficient with it as Itachi.

Maybe, because later on Naruto says that if Itachi used Tsukiyomi against him or bee then they wouldn't be able to survive it.

Actually we are looking at this wrong guys. Itachi has already gave Sasuke his powers. When Itachi was talking about his Susanno he said my sharingan not any sharingan. The novel also suggests that Itachi passed on his abilities to Sasuke. Sasuke could use Amaterasu without Itachis eyes and he used tsukuyomi. The only thing Itachis eyes were used for was the eternal sight.

We like definitely need to fix Sasuke's profile because of this because the note is considering EMS Sasuke but Sasuke can use Tsukuyomi with MS tho. Seems like we need to change the knowledgeable members list as well

Also, @Mindovin

0413-015
Sasuke never called it "Sharingan: Genjutsu". He and Madara both have showcased that and it's never had the same color effect as Tsukiyomi.

Mindovin said:
Iirc, Itachi defeated Orochimaru with genjutsu, not in a fight.
yup now i remember

it showed in the manga that Orochimaru was only afraid of itachi's eyes/genjutsu which is hax

Okay guys I'm not gonna lie and it should be up for discussion but it seems there is anothe MFTL feat and it looks consistent but of course others will say it's an outlier but it's from two different people but it's the same feat

Sasuke played over a reality to Jiryu a million times in just a couple of seconds which he states. He tortured him for 72 hours in the Tsukuyomi with the reality.

Naw Sasuke literally just replicated the same feat but Itachi did it first in chronological order of in verse event but Sasuke did it first in novel release.

Too many people didn't know about this novel.

Well I'm assuming it's mftl like saint Seiya because Sasuke states he showed him a reality a million times in just a couple of seconds

TheFinalOrder said:
Wait, which Sasuke Novel? The Sasuke Hiden Blank Period Novel?
Naw lol the one we've been talking about bro. The Day the Wolf Howled.

I gotta say that novel is one of my favorites. It brought a tear to my eye as well. Sasuke was about to become a big brother at the end and this was before the Killer Bee fight with Taka as well. Sasuke also needs enhanced sight.

AstralKing7 said:
Okay guys I'm not gonna lie and it should be up for discussion but it seems there is anothe MFTL feat and it looks consistent but of course others will say it's an outlier but it's from two different people but it's the same feat
Cool joke, lol.

Can we move on to things that actually have a chance of being applied?

@TFO

You should make a thread to summarize the 7-A changes. The faster, the better. We've just been wasting precious time.

So, we're just gonna start accepting every novel as canon if Kishimoto is the illustrator and it just so "happens" to fit into the Storylone with no actual formal proof that it's canon?......Does anybody not see what's wrong with that?

Back