• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 24

What Bobybobster said, nobody tanked the full attack, and it wasn't Meliodas's own power, plus the commandments were left in a wrecked state, there's nothing that says that the Commandments scale to the Full Counter attack

The DK did take the full attack, the lake only absorbed the attack after the blast passed through the DK and reached the Lake, thats why Meliodas said it absorbed the "excess power", and why Merlin told him to aim for the lake. Even Zeldris said it, only the DK took the full attack.

Its quite simple actually, the DK had contact with the attack before the lake could absorb it. The lake needs contact with the attack to absorb it, thats why Mel had to aim there.

That's not how energy works. If the dk took the full attack there wouldn't be anything for the lake to absorb.

And it must have been a lot of energy left over as the attack should've covered Britannia, but only took out dk.

Meliodas specifically says he used his power to destroy the commandments and the Demon King, so he should scale above the 100% version.

What about the commandments surviving the blast then Mel obliterating them? Just gonna sweep this under the rug?

Even if it wasn't the full brunt of it all, it still destroyed the mountain dk who isn't weak as he stunned the strongest cast members until they buffed, those commandments orbs are tough (wait, the lake only absorbed the bomb after it hit the demon king and took a dive, then the manga eating water reduced the blast power)

Also you can't say the lake remotely stole Mana from the sds bomb as they were out of range (diane's table was enough distance to cut off the demon king from the magical source, so it would make sense that it couldn't steal magical properties from an even higher elevation such as the demon King's mountain face)

Bobybobster said:
That's not how energy works. If the dk took the full attack there wouldn't be anything for the lake to absorb.
And it must have been a lot of energy left over as the attack should've covered Britannia, but only took out dk.
Merlin literally told him "blast through the DK aiming for the lake"

https://i995.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/332/nanatsu-no-taizai-13063915.jpg

He needed the attack to reach the lake so it could absorb the part of the explosion that would cover the ground. The lake doesnt passively absorb energy from all around Britannia, it was never stated and if that was the case there would be no need to aim for the lake in the first place. Here you can see the explosion

https://i997.**********.com/nanatsu-no-taizai/332/nanatsu-no-taizai-13063879.jpg

It did cover all Britannia, but not in the lower part of the explosion, as it had contact with the lake which turned it somewhat like a funnel.

The DK received the attack at full power because he got hit by it before it could have contact with the lake, which then absorbed part of the attack. The attack being nerfed before it hit the DK would mean that the lake absorbs magic far away from it, which would mean it was unnecesary to aim for it in the first place lol. Again, your logic makes no sense.

can we please stop using "50% DK"? because FP DK zeldris far surpasses that using the statements of his youth and original strength.

Bru I am talking about the first damn contact the combined attack made, not the boom stop pretending like you don't know what I am saying goddamn

That combined attack was said to be able to destroy Britannia which is still a small country so I don't think there would be any upgrade to the characters, also as once previously mentioned that attack did most of the damage to the Mountainous body and a very less to the commandments also most of the magic got absorbed by the magic lake. Furthermore the commandments were extremely weakened that Merlin said it will take DK centuries to revive and Meliodas destroying the commandments won't scale to the combined attack even if he does he'll still be in the low 6B since, Britannia is a small country which that attack was going to destroy.

Hey everyone, a few questions:

Does anyone have a scan of Mel seeing a fly at a mile distance (or a statement that he can do so)?

Can Mel full counter attacks that use chakra (asking for the Mel vs Naruto thread)?

What's Lostvayne's scaling chain when it comes to sharpness and could he cut Naruto('s head off) with 6B durability?

britannia is much bigger than what is called "country" as these characters are already smal cou8ntry tier due to scaling to characters who can do small country feat but still cant destroy the britannia despite being small country

Or maybe the characters never were small country level...... I mean we have clear author statements that Britannia is the same country as current day England which is a small country

You're both stuck on the AOE fallacy. You don't necessarily have to destroy a country to be country level, you can be island level by forming a crater no larger than a drum. It all depends on the method of destruction

This attack does not scale to anyone, at all.

Firstly, it was made by Assault Mode Meliodas, Ban, Full Wings King and The Ultimate One Escanor while all of them were amped. Even at its lower level of power, the Demon King implied it would destroy him, and he was completely powerless against it (without the Ruler) as it was being amped. True Magic Meliodas being over 128x stronger than Assault Mode, The Ultimate One Escanor, the Demon King (Zeldris/Britannia), etc, makes no sense.

Secondly, Meliodas says that such a straight forward method would not be able to destroy the Ten Commandments. This implies regular attacks won't work.

Maxnumb231 said:
britannia is much bigger than what is called "country" as these characters are already smal cou8ntry tier due to scaling to characters who can do small country feat but still cant destroy the britannia despite being small country
Britannia = Modern World Britain.

Its a big island or a small country. Your choice.

Davidsteel1 said:
You're both stuck on the AOE fallacy. You don't necessarily have to destroy a country to be country level, you can be island level by forming a crater no larger than a drum. It all depends on the method of destruction
There I was mostly focusing on Size of Britannia not AP

Davidsteel1 said:
This right here needs to be pinned especially for a few people here

Nakaba confirmed 2 more volumes (40 and 41) so yeah it continues. Nakaba has a job to cement his status as the worst mangaka ever so ofc it will.

Ah Gou said:
Nakaba confirmed 2 more volumes (40 and 41) so yeah it continues. Nakaba has a job to cement his status as the worst mangaka ever so ofc it will.
Any proof btw?

So uh, anyone want to talk about the fact that the demons when they first arrived had to recover their magic power, and somehow forgot that there is a lake of infinite magic power? Of course I could be missing a reason why they forgot it existed, its been a while since the 10C arrival.

It seems that only the DK is able to absorb magic from the lake. The sins and Zeldris couldnt.

Volume 40 is ending at ch 336 so I'm not counting that.

Yep but there's still 41 which i don't think it will be 20 chapters of celebrating

Rocker1189 said:
So uh, anyone want to talk about the fact that the demons when they first arrived had to recover their magic power, and somehow forgot that there is a lake of infinite magic power? Of course I could be missing a reason why they forgot it existed, its been a while since the 10C arrival.
Also, how they have access to the afterlife and are able to eat the souls of the dead as well? that includes powerful ones as well.

Lavcore said:
i think only melascula had access to the afterlife.
We saw that Galand was with her when she opened the portal and he ate one of their souls while doing so, that is what I meant

Back