• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 24

RIP Escanor, he died clapping all of the Demon Family.

Honestly, i dont get why so many people are complaining. Escanor needed to die after all that foreshadowing, otherwise this would be a FT level of bullshit if he survived.

The issue isn't that he died, the issue is his death feels pointless and unnecessary. Meliodas was more powerful than his Father, but yet he never uses that power if he did this could have been avoided completely, it also doesn't help that DK was more or less treated like a joke throughout, it makes the death feel all the more hollow.

I've been more or less unbothered by the story so far, I never thought it got that bad. But this in particular just sucks

Davidsteel1 said:
The issue isn't that he died, the issue is his death feels pointless and unnecessary. Meliodas was more powerful than his Father, but yet he never uses that power if he did this could have been avoided completely, it also doesn't help that DK was more or less treated like a joke throughout, it makes the death feel all the more hollow.
I've been more or less unbothered by the story so far, I never thought it got that bad. But this in particular just sucks
His death feeling pointless couldnt be avoided after Nakaba decided to make the Jobber King a joke, even more with Meliodas holding back despite being stronger. But people need to remember that Escanor was dying anyway, the guy didnt had much life left. He wanted to die fighting with his friends, and he got what he wanted.

I rather see him dying like this, than see him dying in his skinny form in a bed later.

@Sieg I don't mind that he died, it's just his death feels underwhelming. I'd have loved a Might Guy vs Madara like scene where the DK is wrecking everyone and Escanor pulls out the form he got this arc, then he gets some solid blows in and then the entire team rally to finish off the DK.

I guess my main issue is DK sucked, and that stole some of the potential weight.

Davidsteel1 said:
@Sieg I don't mind that he died, it's just his death feels underwhelming. I'd have loved a Might Guy vs Madara like scene where the DK is wrecking everyone and Escanor pulls out the form he got this arc, then he gets some solid blows in and then the entire team rally to finish off the DK.
I guess my main issue is DK sucked, and that stole some of the potential weight.
Yep, the problem is that the DK failed to be a decent villain.

I know the sins reaction was lacking buy come on, you can't expect them to burst out crying like Diane does.

Pointless character dying a pointless death

Now that the most boring sin is dead maybe we can finally get to the better ones instead of this forced Insert known as escanor

I think Escanors death is rather fitting for his character.

Showing up to fight when he wasn't needed, tackling the demon King head on and by himself when his allies would surely have his back, burning away his own life just to have one final bout.

Pride was his life, pride was his sin, pride was his death.

Poetic

-BANLK- said:
I don't think any of the sin other than Diane give a shit about Escanor.
They knew he was sacrificing himself. What did you expect?

Btw, I guess the Seven Deadly Sins are now the Six Deadly Sins, huh? Still SDS, tho.

i mean escanor's death was foreshadowed all the way back in the camelot arc with him spitting blood out and ludoshel suprised he can sustain that immense power.

PaChi2 said:
-BANLK- said:
I don't think any of the sin other than Diane give a shit about Escanor.
They knew he was sacrificing himself. What did you expect?

Btw, I guess the Seven Deadly Sins are now the Six Deadly Sins, huh? Still SDS, tho.
too soon.

If he does come back to life after stomping death itself, people will call it BS. I mean, imagnine naming your series 7DS but ending it with 6DS and no, nobody will be joining.

i didnt think nabaka had to balls ... and why is merlin trynna throw it back now that hes dying? smh females are ruthless

only reason we think that is cuz meliodas didnt use his true magic form to fight DK . cuz if he did he could easily 1v1

but DK was fighting all 7 of them plus liz at full power(all but mel) plus he had to fight zeldris inside imo DK did good

Back