• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai General Discussion Thread 24

everyones rushing to calc the ocean but no one wants to talk about how far we should take it being literal :/ almost like yall scared

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
God Tiers are still Low 6-B, which means they're only slightly stronger
No this actually means the 100% Gods would be 6-B and all the other characters would be even higher end Low 6-B with some getting the + sign. Their AP pretty much got doubled. Now we just need the series to end before we make the upgrade thread.

Ignoring outliers and inconsistencies.

God tiers in order are basically Hawk Mama, True Magic Meliodas, 100% Demon King and Supreme Deity, Full Power Demon King Zeldris, Demon King Britannia, 50% Demon King and Supreme Deity. The One Ultimate Escanor pretty much borderlines god tier and Wild is god tier with a suicide move.

Probably. According to the rough spoiler translations True Magic Meliodas has power comparable if not greater than the Demon King. And at this point I'm starting to believe that this is referring to 100% Demon King rather than 50% Demon King. Though depending on the translation for next chapter it might actually be referring to 50% Demon King and not 100% Demon King.

Lavcore said:
well if it is in order then why is DK zeldris above the one ultimate escanor?
Zeldris was already battling Demon King from the inside at the time so he was likely starting to weaken just like when he possessed Meliodas. Also he only used physical strength and not magic mixed with his physical strength and weapon when he fought Escanor. Plus when he possessed Britannia he was able to pin down The One Ultimate Escanor and everybody else with an aoe attack which means he is still stronger individually. And Zeldris' body should by logic be stronger than a bunch of animals and the land.

>Plus when he possessed Britannia he was able to pin down The One Ultimate Escanor and everybody else with an aoe attack.

Escanor literally mocked that attack though.

> by logic

I mean, if you are gonna use earth DK pining down the SDS with magic as excuse to put clown king above Escanor, then you have to remember DK Zeldris magic being absolutely trashed by Meliodas and co which put DK Zeldirs under "bunch of animals and the land" by feat.

>Zeldris was already battling Demon King from the inside at the time so he was likely starting to weaken just like when he possessed Meliodas

There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that this is true. This was never highlighted unlike the previous case with Mel where DK was in agony the whole fight with Ban

well first off DK britannia was likely using gravity manip when he pinned the sins down as it would make no sense for mel to be affected since he's stronger.

second, DK zeldris at the time wasn't having a ******* seizure like with mel and was rather composed against escanor it was only after escanor beat his ass that he began to break down.

Demon King Meliodas didn't have seizure when he started to weaken when Meliodas fought him. He only started to have one after Meliodas completely defeated him just like when Zeldris completely defeated him.

there is literally nothing indicating that DK zeldris was weakened in his fight with escanor he was composed and didn't show any signs of stress because of zeldris.

Escanor handed his ass to him on a silver platter simple as that.

He than threw a Cruel Sun which DK Britannia promptly ignored though that's probably due to the Ruler and we also see a panel of him starting to crouch right after that. None of them were able to move until Merlin used limit break to boost their power.

DK Britannia is just the land with a bunch of animals it shouldn't be stronger than Zeldris. Also he pinned them down with an aoe attack so they can't attack at the same time. Individually they are weaker than the Demon King. But when you combine them they are stronger.

We don't really need any highlights of it. It's common sense that he would start to get weakened once Zeldris starts fighting back since that's what happened last time with Meliodas.

again likely gravity manip because mel is stronger.

mel wasn't weaker than DK in that fight as he still had access to his true magic form.

DK mel was in immense frustration and agony because of mel fighting back this was not shown in his fight with escanor where he was very composed.

well here's my rankings on who(imo) are the strongest characters.

1. Hawk mama(unironically)

2.100% DK and SD

3. True magic meliodas, 50% DK and SD

4.The One Ultimate Escanor

5. DK Britannia

6. DK zeldris and meliodas

7.Ban and Wild

8.Full wings king, mael and the indura's(monspeet, derieri etc.)

9.Ludoshel and possibly elizabeth

10. Original Demon and Zeldris

He used the same attack to try and stop the combined attack from the sins. Why would he try to stop an attack with gravity manipulation? Also the attack is Death Zero or according to the translator note void/null. So it's probably some kind of darkness magic.

I'm talking about Post-Purgatory Assault Mode Meliodas not True Magic Meliodas.

DK Zeldris didn't show immense pain and agony until he was about to be defeated. Before that he was barely showing any signs of pain while fight both Meliodas and Ban at the same time in the spirit world and the real world. And we already know that fighting in the spirit world could affect the body in the real world. Zeldris started fighting back after Meliodas freed him and went back to the real world. So we don't really need the story to straight up tell us he's getting weakened since going by logic he should've started to weaken right about now. Also even if he wasn't weakened Escanor still only beat DK Zeldris in a physical fight where the Demon King didn't use his sword or magic.

Also no offense but your list is like really inaccurate.

Full Power DK Zeldris is way stronger than DK Meliodas.

You're missing Full Wings King who while weakened is at the very least stronger than Afternoon Mael who is comparable to Full Power Zeldris.

Sariel and Tarmiel shouldn't even be on the list even Chandler and Cusack are stronger and they aren't even top tiers.

Also how is Zeldris comparable to them when he stomped Ludoshel who is stronger than they are in a vessel?

Also Elizabeth is stronger than Ludoshel and so are the Induras.

i'll change the list

but elizabeth has never displayed her power offensively in any way whatsoever

also he stomped ludoshel while he was in margaret's body while true body ludo stomped OG demon

Ludoshel thought they could win against the Induras as long as they had help from Elizabeth. Proven when she holds back both Indura Deriere and Monspeet both of whom are individually strong enough to no sell everything from True Body Ludoshel. Injuring Intial DK Zeldris though this is likely an outlier. Confirmed by Nakaba in a Q&A that she is Four Archangel level if not higher.

Exactly he stomped Ludoshel in a vessel who is still way stronger than True Body Sariel and Tarmiel. It makes no sense for Zeldris to be on the rank as the two of them.

even if she's archangel level she would barely make it to the 10 spot due to OG demon being stronger than tarmiel and sariel and holding back someone doesn't really give me any implications she's stronger than ludo, also the placements in tiers don't mean they're really close in power just that they are comparable.

i changed the 10 placement to OG demon and zeldris already.

She is pretty much confirmed stronger than Ludoshel. Ludoshel couldn't even make them flinch while she pushed them back and forced their darkness to grow stronger to combat her magic. She was also implied to have given Prime Meliodas trouble when she was Bloody Ellie which is honestly kinda stupid but whatever.

Still makes no sense since the Induras no sold everything Ludoshel threw at them. Also Original Demon w/ Crisis > True Body Ludoshel.

as for the DK zeldris points:

the name of the attack does not matter in this if it did then boros would be 4-C, clearly the attack was pulling the sins down if that doesn't imply gravity manip then idk what will.

that doesn't make sense either as AM meliodas should not be struggling that much plus the sins were tired that's why merlin had to use limit breaker so it should not be used to downplay escanor.

"going by logic" you probably shouldn't use that line of reasoning considering the current state of the manga also zeldris was struggling against DK in the spirit world and didn't win until AFTER escanor beat DK zeldris's ass. i also don't see how magic would make that much of a difference in power with escanor and the sword most definitely wouldn't make a difference.

Peter1129 said:
She is pretty much confirmed stronger than Ludoshel. Ludoshel couldn't even make them flinch while she pushed them back and forced their darkness to grow stronger to combat her magic. She was also implied to have given Prime Meliodas trouble when she was Bloody Ellie which is honestly kinda stupid but whatever.
Still makes no sense since the Induras no sold everything Ludoshel threw at them. Also Original Demon w/ Crisis > True Body Ludoshel.
Crisis is very situational and for the most part i'm excluding abilites that make you jump in tier or else wild would be tier 5.

would tier 8 for indura's be good then?

You're talking about energy blast. This is magic that we are talking about where the names are pretty much the same as the magic. Boost Hammer boosts speed. Full Counter reflects. Snatch steals strength and objects. Increase increases the amount of daggers. And like I said he used to same attack to block the sins' combined attack so it's clearly not gravity manipulation. It's just a form of darkness magic.

I honestly have no idea what you are saying here. Post-Purgatory Assault Mode Meliodas was also clearly inferior to DK Britannia just like The One Ultimate Escanor. Nobody at the battlefield in their current form was stronger than the Demon King in a 1v1.

When was he struggling? All we saw was Demon King tried to play mind games with him and he destroyed the illusions. And this was supposed to be going on at the same time as the fight outside in the real world. Some characters have stronger magic than physical strength and we know they could use magic to boosts their physical attacks like Meliodas' divine slayer slashes where he amps his physical attacks with hellblaze.

Why are you putting them into tiers with characters that are way stronger than they are? Also this is not how a strongest list works.

Here's my top 25. I consider Demon King possessing stuff as an entirely new character. Same with Mael and Estarossa.

1. Hawk Mama

2. 100% Demon King/100% Supreme Deity

3. True Magic Meliodas

4. Demon King Possessing Zeldris (Full Power)

5. Demon King Possessing Britannia

6. The One Ultimate Escanor

7. Demon King Possessing Meliodas (Initial State)

8. Wild

9. Post-Purgatory Ban

10. Full Wings King

11. The One Mael

12. Chimera Indra

13. Full Power Zeldris

14. Prime Elizabeth

15. Indra Monspeet/Indra Deriere

16. Original Demon w/ Crisis

17. True Body Ludoshel

18. Merlin

19. Gowther (Demon)

20. True Form Chandler

21. True Form Cusack

22. Indra Baruja

23. 3C Estarossa

24. True Body Sariel/True Body Tarmiel

25. Bellion w/ Baruja amp

why can't it be darkness magic and gravity manip?

i clearly said AM mel should not be struggling that much not "he should not be struggling at all" and escanor was stronger than DK britannia in his current form.

he was struggling with all the illusions DK was putting up is what i meant and he only injured DK in the spirit world after escanor beat DK zeldris so i don't see how he could have been weakened in the fight with escanor, i really seriously doubt that DK zeldris using magic would beat escanor.

i said it was a strongest characters list not individual strongest list.

edit response: i've already changed the list placements and the demon king himself prefers mel's body and not zeldris's also the sin's were holding back against him because of DK possessing zel's body so DK mel and zel should be comparable in power

It seems more like a black hole esque technique. And the fact that Escanor couldn't break out of it means he's weaker.

Last time I checked Demon King tried to show him illusions of Meliodas abandoning him which he promptly just slashed away. We don't know when this battle was happening as shown in some previous chapters some events could be happening before or during other events. And still even if he wasn't weakened DK Britannia shouldn't be stronger than DK Zeldris as it's just a lump of earth compared to a high tier character.

Your strongest characters list is a weird mix of strongest character and tiering them into ranks even though some characters are clearly stronger or weaker than another.

He prefers Meliodas body but he never reached his full power in that body. That's why Full Power DK Zeldris is stronger than DK Meliodas. And they weren't holding back. Only Meliodas was holding back his transformations. Meliodas, Ban and King had to try their hardest to hold back Full Power DK Zeldris in a 3v1. Your list still makes no sense the Induras are far far weaker than the likes of King and Mael. They are weaker than Prime Elizabeth who is weaker than 4C Mael who was stomped by Full Wings King.

And that's all I'm gonna reply now. I do not want to clog up the thread with this discussion. Plus I still need to make profiles for characters in other verses.

Ludoshel >> Base Original Demon and w/ Crisis after Ludoshel's first attack

Ludoshel > Original Demon w/ Crisis after Ludoshel's second attack

Original Demom w/ Crisis after Ludoshel's third attack > Ludoshel

Ludoshel effortlessly overpowered him in their first battle. After his first attack Original Demon's Hellblaze Omega still got easily blocked. After his second attack Original Demon managed to push him back a bit with Hellblaze Omega. After his third attack Original Demon managed to knock him off balance with Hellblaze Omega even after the attack got blocked. After that Original Demon was still getting stronger because he was also destroying his own body. So at the end of their confrontation Original Demon was slightly stronger and if he took another hit from Ludoshel he likely would've stomped him because Crisis gives a pretty big boost.

The One Ultimate Escanor is physically stronger than DK Zeldris. That much is clear from their fist fight in chapter 327 when he no sells the DK's punchs and punts him away. You can't use Zeldris interfering as an excuse either because that didn't happen until 328. In terms of magic power, the DK probably takes the cake as evident by Escanor being unable to escape Death's Zero.

Back