• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 19

Honestly, why shouldn't King be this strong with his full wings? That's something you should debunk, not leave for anyone to explain, as everything in the series points to King being special and very powerful amongst Faries. It's the same with Diane, who's called a prodigy by Matrona.

No one said any of the sins shouldn't be this strong, stop mixing up my words. All i ask is what is the cause and how come it was executed so poorly that the answer that seems to make the most sense...is that mc is powered up by plot...which is such a shame

I'm not mixing up your words. You said outright that the explainations are weak, but they've been well established since the start of the Ten Commandments arc, where Drole and Gloxinia expect King and Diane to surpass them, when Meliodas questions why he has no wings like other, more prominent Fairy Kings, or Matrona revealing that Giants can increase their power with their natural connection to the Earth.

Your entire point is the equivalent of saying "why was Drole blue and so much more powerful than every other giant?" The fact is that Nabaka seemed to have established very, very little of the lore in the early series. Meliodas' fractioned power from 120 didn't even exist until that point in the series.

But why is he bigger than any other giant? And blue? What's with his huge potential?

Answer that for me will ya? Inb4 "UuUh juSt cuase"

"Muuh we expect you to FulLy surpass us after literally one training sesh it's ok guys they are less experienced than us by some thousand years but its ok guys they r prodigies"

Because of an implied birth defect that Zeldris explains, and it doesn't contradict anything.

They didn't have thousands of years of experience, they were trapped in the Goddess Seal for 3000 years. Also, King and Diane are being trained by these people and have a natural talent that clearly is higher, or at least similar in the latter's case.

birth defect is still a weak excuse, now accept it

Also glox had to be atleast a thousand (as he is 4000 now imstead 3000 like all the other TC) while drole is admittedly only 800 something, but still put in a lot of work looking at their power levels, unlike diane and king whom just got things handed to them

It's not. Drole being unique is not a weak excuse, it's the entire reason why he's in some position of power and has a status in the series. It could have literally happened to anyone. By the very nature of probability, you could just say that Meliodas being so strong in the past could have fallen to Zeldris.

Drole had it handed to him, and we have no idea how Gloxinia did things. If anything, it's possible Gloxinia had things easier because King's wings don't sprout until he's over 1300, and he was born in a time where warriors are far weaker.

Man the scaling in this manga is so bad. Meliodas is as strong as they want him to be same with elizabeth. Seemingly elizabeth can defeat the DK, which would also mean she is almost as strong as SD. The issue with that is, if that were true reu would be talking to her with much more respect. The original demon ended up not being much stronger than cusack and chandler by themselves.. Lmao i dont even think the DK is stronger than indura.. judging by the hype these things get. Even tho demon king should be superior. Uh oh my god. At the end of the day derieri is the best character

i thought we used the same multi for kings wings as his sister who went from like 3k to 21k .. king should easily be that high PL wise ... and the DK is controling the indura cuz its a favor.... it isnt a wild indura

true but im going by the words, it seems like he was ordering it.. like i said which would make sense sinces its a 10c

so differences/Similarities between Angels and Demons

Angels:

• Mid High Regen, Low Godly
  • Healing Magic
  • Possession

Demons:

• You can sacrifice your hearts to turn into a monster
  • Seven Hearts/Mid regen
  • Death Manipulation
  • Soul Manipulation
  • Regenerationn Negation
Same:

• Darkness/Light manip (though for weak demons, the light insta kills)
Feels like Demons have it better, but your parents matter and I don't think any of the Angels have shown the capacity to have their own magical power

Storm Hawks and Dragon Boosters, my there were a lot of toys weren't there, you've brought up some very old memories

So according to the rough translations on mangahelpers Escanor asks Mael to lend Sunshine back to him so he could help everybody and fight again. And Mael says if he uses it again he will die this time. So yeah guess Escanor is probably gonna be dying after this. He's probably gonna go out with a bang after he uses The One one last time.

mael has his body so why would be go inside escanor..... UNLESS.... doing this not only makes escanor stronger but stops the grace from killing him

Back