• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 17

He was 100% hit by it. We see the impact effect that is shown when a character gets hit right next to King when the Demon King attacked everybody at the same time. So yes King tanked an attack that was able to knock down Afternoon Mael with no major injuries.

The Causality said:
The powerscaling in this arc is a complete clusterfuck
Blame it on 3 characters. The Original Demon, Zeldris and Mael. They are the ones who completely messed up the current scaling.

Mael is constantly weakening, so King being above him by the time the Demon King appears would make sense. Mael, when it's a bit closer to noon, should be above King though. King was only able to draw a bit of blood from the Original Demon whereas Mael was able to one shot a stronger Original Demon.

Mael (vs Original Demon) > King (Full Wings)

I'm still waiting for the Original Demon to pop up out of nowhere and land a hit on the Demon King.

Only a bit more than 5 minutes have passed since he one shot the Original Demon so I doubt there would've been that big of a difference between his powers. But I think Near Noon Mael when it's just 1 to 10 minute away from Noon would be stronger than King hence why they are in the same place.

Damage3245 said:
I'm still waiting for the Original Demon to pop up out of nowhere and land a hit on the Demon King.
He has been vanished by Mael's plot manipulation which ejected him from the mnga's plot.

Also do we know how long it takes Chrono Coffin to activate? Cause now that I look back at the chapter it seems like it took 1 or 2 hours for Merlin to activate it. Which means we might've been looking at Mael roughly an hour or two past noon. The clock started off at around 3:00 on the clock but one page later we see that it was suddenly at 4:00 on the clock. Finally she said there was 5 minutes left when the clock was reaching 5:00 so unless the 3:00 on the clock was an art error or the clock isn't a real clock I think it took Merlin roughly 2 hours to activate Chrono Coffin.

Edit: Yeah I'm pretty sure the clock isn't a really clock. On chapter 299 it suddenly went back to 3:00 on the clock and when it activated both hands struck 12:00 on the clock.

Peter1129 said:
How I think the current top 10 looks

1. 100% Demon King/100% Supreme Deity

2. 50% Demon King in Prime Meliodas' body

3. 50% Demon King/50% Supreme Deity

4. Wild

5. Post-Purgatory Ban

6. The One Mael

7. Prime Assault Mode Meliodas

8. Full Wings King/Near-Noon Mael

9. The One Escanor

10. Full Power Zeldris
Current Mel > 50% DK.

Current Meliodas as in Emotions Meliodas right? He was only winning against 50% Demon King in the mental mindscape. He's likely not that strong in the real world as he was defeated by 50% Demon King in Purgatory. And before you say his original magic we don't even know if it's a stat amp or if it's a durability negating ability.

Peter1129 said:
Current Meliodas as in Emotions Meliodas right? He was only winning against 50% Demon King in the mental mindscape. He's likely not that strong in the real world as he was defeated by 50% Demon King in Purgatory. And before you say his original magic we don't even know if it's a stat amp or if it's a durability negating ability.
Current Mel is > Ban, as seen in Purgatory, who is at least putting a fight against this DK.

And this is not factoring his original magic. And that the DK actually feared him.

He used it to pull down the Demon King's satellite creature last chapter.

PaChi2 said:
Current Mel is > Ban, as seen in Purgatory, who is at least putting a fight against this DK.

And this is not factoring his original magic. And that the DK actually feared him.
Now that you mentioned it the powerscaling in Purgatory was also wacky. Still at most that would just put Emotions Meliodas above Post-Purgatory Ban so why would he be above 50% Demon King.

Now that you mentioned it the powerscaling in Purgatory was also wacky. Still at most that would just put Emotions Meliodas above Post-Purgatory Ban so why would he be above 50% Demon King.

Its headcanon. But I think Mel was holding back in Purgatory. Just that. Given that they fought the DK for... What, a thousand years or so? Someone in that fight must have been holding back or any of the parties would have died long before that.

They fought the Demon King for 60 years. At the beginning of chapter 283 when they were once again defeated by the Demon King it's shown that both Ban and Meliodas were coughing up blood while Wild was relatively fine. And this was their second to last battle with the Demon King which means even now Wild is still stronger than both of them. So I'm pretty sure Meliodas wasn't holding back in Purgatory that was probably an outlier for him. Since it doesn't make sense for him to improve more than Ban in 60 years when previously Ban has been constantly saving him from random Purgatory creatures for the last hundred or so years prior to meeting Wild.

Meliodas and Ban coughing blood is irrelevant, though. Especially for Ban. Ban bleeds soooooo easily lol.

This was after Ban's body adapted to Purgatory. So his durability is now much higher than it previously was he's no longer the glass cannon who can even be hurt by a little kid with a pitchfork. So the fact that Wild was the only one who remained relatively uninjured while the other two at least had some minor injuries when they were sent flying shows that even now he's still stronger than Meliodas and Ban.

Peter1129 said:
King is even more powerful than Mael a few minutes past noon as shown when he tanked an attack from the Demon King without any major injuries while everybody else including Mael was bleeding and down on the ground. And Afternoon Mael was unaffected by True Night even before dispelling it while Escanor was affected by it even as The One so I still believe that Near Noon Mael > The One Escanor.

Prime Assault Meliodas I forgot to move him down a spot and remove 4C Mael when I made the list in a rush at school.

Emotions Meliodas is overpowering the Demon King in a mental battle pretty sure that doesn't matter in the real world.

First of all this is fallacious as hell youre using something which 8th form doesnt correlate to someones AP or durability. This has been shown when ludo can also survive pne attack of DK which if we go with your pathetic argument he would be relative to the AP DK sent.

And im gonna say it here zeldris post escanor fight>>zeldris that fought escanor. Demon mark changes elaborates on the occasion of difference in power changes.

So like i said mael capable of using the grace itself to where by just his presence could dent ON with ease>>>escanors feat

>reminder escanor was pushed bsck by zeldris despite him using escanor sword wanting to dispel it.

>counter argument for people eho uses "Well mael didnt one shot zeldris" wr have mael here who bever wanted to hurt zeldris and just want him at bay. But as like i said at first this zeldris that mael fought is stronger than zelfris previously based off scaling.

Maxnumb231 said:
First of all this is fallacious as hell youre using something which 8th form doesnt correlate to someones AP or durability. This has been shown when ludo can also survive pne attack of DK which if we go with your pathetic argument he would be relative to the AP DK sent.
29F33D3B-BEA2-40EA-A84D-EBC65DEABFCF
I don't see any Form Eight: Pollen Garden here

You're confusing this with the caustic storm.

As long as we can figure out how strong the Original Demon, Zeldris, and Mael is the scaling will be fixed. But I don't think that's happening any time soon since the Original Demon is probably dead from Mael's Sun. And based on all the death flags raised in this chapter Zeldris might be dying as well. We'll probably have to wait for the next databook to reveal their power level before we fix the scaling.

I think that we're going to need to work on the scaling definitely in full context.

I don't know, but I get the feeling that Nakaba might have made characters closer in scaling than we originally calculated. Even if the math doesn't really make sense on his end for it anyways.

do it do anything that zeldris beat a demon made from DK power? wouldnt that make him slightly stronger than the tier list you guys made?

Pretty sure it just means that this ability the Demon King used is really weak since it could be destroyed so easily by Full Power Zeldris. It managed to overpower Zeldris w/ God and 2nd Demon Mark but easily lost to Full Power Zeldris.

ok um on page 8th of the new chapter, what gowther said about meliodas darkness is that something we can calc?

Well in the last few years rather than databooks we've been getting Pair Sins Character Guidebooks. The first one was Meliodas and Elizabeth (2016), the second one was Ban and Elaine (2017), the latest one from last year was Diane and King (2018). This guidebook revealed that Diane with Drole's Dance can raise her strength level up to a maximum of 50k which means her total maximum power level with Drole's Dance is 53.6k.

So sometime this year (probably around summer) we might be getting one on Gowther and Nadja or Merlin and Escanor. But considering the current relationship between the Merlin and Escanor I'd say Gowther is more likely to get one. So we probably won't get a databook until after the manga ends or until all the Pair Sins Character Guidebooks are out.

50% dk is really weird for me. he was able to easily beat ban even after his body adapted to puragatory as shown in thier fight panels and meliodas too. then ban goes back to the real world and manages to put up a decent fight aganist 50% dk with meliodas's body?? and why was emotion meliodas so afraid to use his powers around ban to defeat dk even after 60 years and only using after going through the portal? and what even is his original power as his emotion state is shown to be beating the demon king quite handidly but i really can't tell what is allowing him to put up such a fight aganist dk? was it just like a strength or magic boost or something else? and please i really dont want its the power of my friends to be the answer.

Emotions Meliodas was beating Demon King in the mental mindscape. It's a willpower fight not an actual power fight. They already stated in a previous chapter that in the mental mindscape embracing despair means death. So the opposite such as encouragement from his friends would make him stronger in this mental battle.

Pretty sure that scene is talking about his original magic power which we don't even know what it is yet. Some translation simply refer to magic powers as power. I think that's also how they named it in he official translations.

Overlord4896 said:
thnx for clarifying the meliodas bit but what about the ban bit?
DonkeyKong
As said in this page, DK has continually gained energy by consuming all of the living things in purgatory, and he passed a veeeeery long time in purgatory since he divided his power. Furthermore, it seems that all livings thing in purgatory are comparable to ban. Consuming these creatures must have boosted him a lot.

Peter1129 said:
Pretty sure that scene is talking about his original magic power which we don't even know what it is yet. Some translation simply refer to magic powers as power. I think that's also how they named it in he official translations.
Considering he cut the DK's arm just before saying that, this would still be a power up for mel.

Back