• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nanatsu no Taizai Discussion Thread 17

ya at this point im just waiting for it to finish . the DK thing was rushed asap... they didnt even finish the sinner , teased indura for no reason . its almost like nabaka just wants to end it as fast as possible

Zezu1995 said:
its another case of juha.. he had all stern abilities plus yamas bankai didnt ue them either
Because he already has the Almighty that can solo the verse ,so he doesn't need to use any other hax . On the other hand, the demon king is almost overwhelmed but he still decides not to use any useful abilities that he has, it's just strange.

The Original Demon never got a resolution to his character, he was hit by Escanor's sun and then Vanished from the story, also I have a feeling we're never gonna find out why and how Escanor got Sunshine

I'm getting the same vibes from NNT's ending as Fairy Tail, I feel like we'll have to judge the ending after the series ends, looking back, we might really enjoy the ending to this series, I know that's what happened with Fairy Tail and Me

tbh i liked everything but the end of this manga.. ban power up etc was good everything was solid til DK took over mels body since then its been like "is this it?"

I see a lot of people waiting for global level feats on NNT, because of the end of Kongou Banchou, but honestly I do not think that's going to happen.

ya i dont get how his old series has better feats than this one and this is way longer ... also i guess we can just go back to see what we can calc, did zeldris ON vs the rock make anything good?

The Causality said:
Well, with Mountains scaling, I've found City level with Highball, and with wank, I've found Island level, and all of this with huge assumption.
This feat isn't impressive.
That's just disappointing, i expect a at least high 6-C feat from dk

Zezu1995 said:
ya i dont get how his old series has better feats than this one and this is way longer ... also i guess we can just go back to see what we can calc, did zeldris ON vs the rock make anything good?
Because, unlike internet nerds, authors dont care that much about "feats".

If I ever became author I would make Vs Battles wiki's lives easier by just by saying how strong the character is, I would just say Meliodas is 1 Teraton in the story or something

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
If I ever became author I would make Vs Battles wiki's lives easier by just by saying how strong the character is, I would just say Meliodas is 1 Teraton in the story or something
I feel like if any regular users of this wiki were to become successfull authors, we'd know very well how to structure the scaling and calculable feats in a way that fans could easily dechipher.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
FeAts BeFOre STaTemEnTs.

I feel like if any regular users of this wiki were to become successfull authors, we'd know very well how to structure the scaling and calculable feats in a way that fans could easily dechipher.

• Maniacally laughs in the background*
If you prioritize "scaling and calculable feats" over storytelling you are bound to have a shit-tier story in your hands.

I mean, you can throw light speed feats. You just need the proper worldbuilding skills for that, say, usually sci-fy novels can have those thanks to space travel and stuff.

In fantasy-like settings like NnT is easier to jump from MHS+ (lightning) or LS (Light) to infinite or Immesurable (muh god tier final villain resides beyond time or comes from a timeless void).

Lavos.

PaChi2 said:

• Maniacally laughs in the background*
If you prioritize "scaling and calculable feats" over storytelling you are bound to have a shit-tier story in your hands.

Nice strawman fallacy. Notice how I never even implied that calculable feats and scaling triumpth a good story above all else.

Besides, all three can suck at the same time. (Naruto War Arc) and all three can be amazing (Hunter x Hunter)

Even little bits of relevant information and planning ahead can make battles actually make sense. And make vs debaters lives a little easier. For one, one of the main reasons the current arc of the series is so.... meh is because the scaling just fell apart. You can't possibly beleive a good story can completely make up for shitty powerscaling.

"Nice strawman fallacy. Notice how I never even implied that calculable feats and scaling triumpth a good story above all else."

Lol.

Did I imply you said that? Lol.

I was just stating that overthinking scaling and stuff would indirectly lead to bad storytelling, my dude. I dont care about what you say.

"You can't possibly beleive a good story can completely make up for shitty powerscaling."

Yes. Powerscaling is only relevant for vsdebating nerds. And I dont care about that. I want good, enjoyable stories, nothing else.

I think he's not talking about feats but stuff like Character A being stronger than Character B yet loses to Character C who is weaker than Character B. It would be considered powerscaling, but at the same time it's also inconsistent story telling.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I think he's not talking about feats but stuff like Character A being stronger than Character B yet loses to Character C who is weaker than Character B. It would be considered powerscaling, but at the same time it's also inconsistent story telling.
I liked Naruto (except for Kaguya replacing Madara). Bleach (to an extent, because the ending was... ...). And Im liking NnT.

I hope that tells you how much I care about powerscaling.

PaChi2 said:
I liked Naruto (except for Kaguya replacing Madara). Bleach (to an extent, because the ending was... ...). And Im liking NnT.

I hope that tells you how much I care about powerscaling.
What a coincidence im right know about to finish naruto shippuden in the episode when obito die and also thing that kaguya is a shit

I'm not going to say this is a plot hole because they might explain it in a new Databook or I could have missed an explaination, but why is Meliodas w/10 Cs still on Earth?

It's pretty consistently stated that anyone with that much power can't remain in the normal world.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be.

Also the ruler of Purgatory can't dishout punishment as powerful as its natural conditions. It's a casual attack, yes, but even Mael can't withstand it.

the attack is caustic google what that means... only ban would be able to tank it , as for the 10c... it was already answered that someone with his power would only last a day.. it hasnt been a day yet

I'd be very evil as an author, I would frequently check out my verses page on the site and if I saw my verse being lowballed or not seen as powerful, then shortly after in my story, the characters would have a bunch of insanely powerful feats to laugh in the faces of the site, I would then come on the site and give a direct statement from the author that yeah, my characters can destroy the 12th Dimension, what about it...

This is precisely why I am not an author

If i were to be an author, i would follow what i want to do and not care very much about the level of AP, hax or whatever. But i would certainly make the final boss a god who can destroy universes (like a lot of franchises actually).

Back