• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Two-Weeks Notice...

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Hello everyone.

As some of you are probably aware, my overall activity has decreased over the last few weeks. I'm sure those of you who have noticed are wondering why, so I suppose it's time I ripped the bandage off already.

I'm leaving. Yes, I'm calling it quits.

There are several reasons for why I want to, but the majority of them boil down to one thing, and that's my overall satisfaction with being here on this site. Plain and simply, I've gradually stopped enjoying the time I spend here over the last year, and as of now this place feels more like a time-consuming burden than the hobbyist debating outlet I saw it as when I arrived roughly three years ago. I'm not happy here anymore, for many reasons I don't feel like going into great detail on, and I haven't been in a long time.

Furthermore-- and this is ultimately what made me come to this decision in the end-- this business with FANDOM effectively screwing us over and forcing the entire wiki operation to move itself to another third-party forum (alongside other things they've been doing) is something that irks me to no end, and I'm not going to support a web domain that has such little regard for the communities that keep their engine running. I know my leave isn't going to help matters, but I refuse to sit here and comply with these people, especially when the cause for which I would be doing so is already something I no longer truly believe in.

I'm saying my goodbyes in advance so that when the time comes, I can take my leave without having any loose ends to tie up first. I'm hoping I can finish up the few debates, CRTs and other activities I'm currently involved in before the big change comes along, but whether I accomplish that in the end or not, I'm hanging up my uniform and retiring from this site as soon as the update happens.

It's been a real ride, people. Good luck with all your future endeavors.

Man that sucks. I've not debated with yo alot, but the times that we did were super fun. Well, i guess that are not forever, but i understand why you want to leave.

While short, it was a good ride, hope that you can find a new fun hobby that don't stress you out

I still remember when I first talked to you, you were just some dude, who shared the same likeness of certain other verses as I did. And you were chill, relaxed, and ******* hilarious pardon my French.

As time went on a noticed how much you geniuenely loved debating and seeing how well you debated was incredibly satisfying, so much so I literally went to your wall and said how awesome you were

From there, you turned out to be one of my best friends on the wiki, alongside being the most fun man to talk to, who had guts, no problem being blunt if he needed to get the point across, something I need more of myself.

You aren't just a great associate, I consider you a friend, and I will miss you, and I hope someway somehow we can talk to eachother again

Like Wright said, being friends with you was an honor.

Damn, we didn't talk much King, but you always seemed like a cool guy. Sad to see you go, but I understand your opinion completely.

Just wish I could have got to know you more - I feel like we could have been good friends. If you ever want to talk in your last two weeks, my wall is always open.

In any case, good luck to you.

Ah crap, I'm sorry to here that. I was hoping we could have worked on the Doom Eternal profiles together when that game got released. But we'll see how that goes. You are an awesome guy @MrKing and it was great to have you as a fellow Admin while it lasted. I do hope that the plan doesn't go through; the one about the Forums. You will be missed; but yeah, there are times where the wiki can get pretty chaotic and it's no fun when that happens.

I do hope you best wishes though and you can always chat with me on Discord.

If Wikia is still unchanged when Eternal is out, I'll devote some special time towards helping out with whatever revisions come from it until it's time for the site update to happen.

Not like I'll have anything else to do.

Yeah, we'd still have time even if we might need to rush it. And we could still chat on Discord about the feats and such even after. Also, who knows if we can find a way to convince Fandom not to go through with the plan.

I highly doubt any of you would succeed, but the attempt would be admirable, to say the least.

And I don't say that to be condescending or anything. I'm just being realistic.

Youre the only guy who left messages on my wall thats not related to DC/Marvel/Comics.Youre also the only guy here that I converse with that is not related to revisions or vs thread. Plus you showing concern to me after that Medaka vs thread and when I went inactive for a few months matters a lot because I was pretty sure no one gives an f about me here. Youre the guy I feel closest to on this wiki and Its really sad to see you go. I understand why you made this decision though because its pretty much the reason why I rarely come here now.

@Sandman31 I don't mind general chat; though, I'm more used to it when people come to me.

I don't talk to you much but from what I've seen you're a cool dude and one of the few braindead enough to laugh at my jokes.

It's a shame to be losing someone so level-headed and logical right now, but I can totally understand why. I hope we can still chat once in a while over Discocord.

I get not wanting to be under fandom's roof, I don't say that much about it compared to others, but I too despise the things they have done and are willing to do.

So long king, I didn't interact with you much but it's still unfortunate to see you go. Especially since this marks the loss of yet another admin from our team

Well, ****, that's a lot to digest. Really hard to see you go, especially since you were always a really cool guy to have around, in general really. Nevertheless, I hope you do good without this site pushing you down, as you implied.

k thx bye

Schindler's list - John Williams - NL orchestra
Schindler's list - John Williams - NL orchestra

A terrible loss

I genuinely think the wiki has lost one of its most consistent and reliable but also cool and overall badass people, it's very sad to hear your going.

But life gives and takes and it's hard to see what it will give in exchange for you, you're quite invaluable as a friend, as a debater and as an Admin.

Forever will there be a "MrKingofNegativity" shaped hole in the wiki and our hearts.

Farewell, King!

I am also very sad to see you go. You are a very nice, levelheaded, helpful, and rational staff member.

I perfectly understand your frustration with the inconsiderable decisions of the higher Fandom executives, but all I can do is try my best to make sure that this community survives through the ordeal.

Good luck, and please take care of yourself. You are obviously always welcome back to your old position if you should change your mind and be willing to give the new external forum a chance later on.

I already missed a lot of good people leave since I took a break for about a year, but I'm glad that I got a chance to speak to a great chap such as yourself before you leave.

Respect

Another admin is leaving our community (Perhaps one of the most advanced across all FANDOM!)... We will go through the hard time when the old Forums will shut down, indeed. Take care of yourself, and hope to find a new place at wherever you go on your life... :)

Be noted that FANDOM is aiming for casual visitors and discussors, not hardcore or/and dedicated members and debators, who need their needs maintained.

We'll survive, fellow comrades. Just help yourself and others to do so.

Yes, I think that we will manage to survive and thrive in the long run as long as we make an effort together and persevere.

sad to see ya go man. Never talked to ya that much but still sad to see ya go ( The only time we talked was that one vs thread that never really got settled cuz muh niche characters )

But GL with whatever you do and tbh i kinda want to see dark tower cuz of ya Not the film adaptation doe

**** we're running out of the downplay admins only Dargoo remains

I already sent you a message on discord so this kinda redundant but yeah. Have fun.

FFS

We'll miss you King.

Here's a gigachad as a gift for all the good you've done for us.
Symzh1S

Empty throne (2)
As of this writing, it is now the first day of December.

It's time for me to go.

Thank you all, for the memories you gave me the good ones, anyway, the jokes some of us shared, the threads many of you let me slap you around in, and the times I didn't have to yell at you while I was staff here. I'm not convinced that my contributions to this place have made a difference in the grander scheme of things, but I was happy to be here and had plenty of fun, for a while. I won't be coming back, but I'll be sure to remember the things I was a part of while I was here.

I don't got anything creative left to say here.

October 6, 2016 - December 1, 2019

Hail to the King

Back