• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gonna be hitting the sack. (I'M BACK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
Don't take the title of this title of this thread wrong way that I'm quitting the community, I'm not. I've just came to the conclusion that I just wanted to take a break from the community mainly due to personal reasons and especially the fact that it's nearly finals week for me. After my doctor's appointment statement, I've been going on the verge of Prediabetes (Which I fear that I may be diagnosed with diabetes) days ago due to my lifestyle that I won't be getting into much detail to. Which means, I need to start focusing on RL for a bit, and I should really start studying for my finals. But that's just about it. When am I going to be back? Dunno, a couple of weeks or possibly longer?

But here are the boundaries while's I'm going to be gone:

Don't demote me.​
Don't message me on my wall for the time-being.​
Don't ping me for evaluations.​
Try not to have things go to shit.​

That's all. I'll still be available on discord if y'all still feel the need to talk with me.

That is obviously perfectly acceptable.

Please try to take great care of your physical health via healthy food, continuous exercise, and nutritional supplements. I have been told that the majority of people with problems similar to your own do not bother to take the necessary steps for a continuous change of their lifestyles, and then die far in advance thanks to it, and I would hate to see that happen to you, so please take your problems extremely seriously.

Here is some advice from ChatGPT4:

"Managing prediabetes involves a combination of lifestyle changes, dietary adjustments, and sometimes supplements, with the goal of improving insulin sensitivity and maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Here are some strategies:

1. Dietary Changes: Focus on a balanced diet rich in fiber, lean protein, and healthy fats. Reducing the intake of refined sugars and carbohydrates is crucial. Foods with a low glycemic index, like whole grains, legumes, fruits, and vegetables, are beneficial.

2. Regular Physical Activity: Engage in regular exercise, including both aerobic and resistance training. This helps improve insulin sensitivity and can lead to weight loss.

3. Weight Management: If you're overweight, losing even a small amount of weight can significantly improve blood sugar control.

4. Supplements: Certain supplements might help, but you should consult a healthcare provider before starting any. Some options include:
- Berberine: Known for its potential to improve insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar levels.
- Magnesium: Low levels are linked to insulin resistance.
- Chromium: May improve insulin sensitivity.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid: An antioxidant that may help lower blood sugar.

5. Regular Monitoring: Keep track of your blood sugar levels and consult with your healthcare provider regularly to monitor your condition.

6. Stress Management and Sleep: High stress and poor sleep can negatively affect blood sugar levels, so managing these is important.

It's essential to consult with a healthcare provider before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle, especially if you have pre-existing conditions or are taking medications. They can provide personalized advice and monitor your progress."

"Here are some supplements that have shown potential in helping manage prediabetes:

1. Cinnamon: Some studies suggest that cinnamon may help lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.

2. Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA): ALA is an antioxidant that may improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.

3. Berberine: This supplement, found in several plants, is known for its potential to lower blood sugar levels.

4. Chromium: Chromium is believed to enhance the action of insulin and is often taken to improve insulin sensitivity.

5. Magnesium: Low levels of magnesium are often seen in people with diabetes, and supplementing with it can help improve glucose control.

6. Omega-3 fatty acids: While primarily known for their heart health benefits, omega-3s may also help improve insulin sensitivity.

7. Vitamin D: Adequate levels of Vitamin D are important for insulin function and glucose metabolism.

It's essential to consult with a healthcare provider before starting any supplements, as they can interact with other medications and may not be suitable for everyone. Also, supplements should not replace conventional treatments but can be used alongside them under medical advice. Lifestyle changes like a healthy diet and regular exercise remain the cornerstone of managing prediabetes."

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back