• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Important Notice Regarding Imgur

I saw this in the Dread sandbox.
As Imgur is a platform where users can share photos and videos at no cost, it also serves as a host for certain explicit content. Consequently, in countries where such content is considered to be contrary to their religious or cultural values, the platform may be prohibited. Here are some instances:

• Turkey
  • Indonesia
  • China
  • Russia

I'm Indonesian, and I can use imgur.
Indonesians can't use Imgur, because of network differences. Like;
Those who can't use Imgur are "Telkomsel" & "Indihome Wifi" networks, and.

I am one of the people who can use it because I use the "XL" network.
Maybe there are some other networks that can use Imgur and can't use imgur.

Conclusion:
Not all regions in Indonesia cannot use Imgur.

Also, what should we call that page? "Image Uploading Instructions" or "Image Uploading Policies" in order to allow for further relevant instructions regarding such topics to more easily potentially be added later?

In addition, should we add instructions of how to bypass the Imgur ban in certain countries via the most reliable and least dangerous free or paid VPNs, or would that cause potential legal problems or encourage our members to take great personal risks (for Chinese citizens for example)?

And it is very important that all members with Imgur accounts stay publicly anonymous despite hosting our images with them. Should we investigate how this can be accomplished? Signing up with one's personal Facebook or Google accounts sounds dangerous in that regard, for example.
Also, I still need helpful input about this.

I'd go with "Image Uploading Advice".

Not sure about whether suggesting a VPN would be fine or not, I think that's worth asking a Fandom representative about.

For that last point, I'd change this wording on the page:
If you prefer to use a third-party application such as Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Google, or Yahoo to create your account, click on the appropriate icon at the top.
To this:
If you prefer to use a third-party application such as Facebook, Twitter, Apple, Google, or Yahoo to create your account, click on the appropriate icon at the top, but we'd advise not doing so with any personal accounts, due to the risk of compromising your anonymity.

I'd go with "Image Uploading Advice".
That seems like a good suggestion to me. Thank you for helping out. 🙏🙂
Not sure about whether suggesting a VPN would be fine or not, I think that's worth asking a Fandom representative about.
Okay. I will do so.
For that last point, I'd change this wording on the page:

To this:
Thank you. I have handled it. 🙏

@ImmortalDread The change to the Editing Rules page looks good. It's clear, concise, and communicates the intended message well.

As for the information page sandbox:

"As y'all noticed, the imgur has updated their Terms and services which may impact our work and profile creation in general."

Preferably, the page should be polished to be a bit more professionally worded than this. The page as a whole has somewhat amateurish phrasing and formatting, at odds with most of our important articles, but this can easily be patched up with basic editing. For the most part, the page looks good.
Oh, I forgot to include that part in order to formulate my statement more clearly. My apologies.

Last edited:
I saw this in the Dread sandbox.

I'm Indonesian, and I can use imgur.
Indonesians can't use Imgur, because of network differences. Like;
Those who can't use Imgur are "Telkomsel" & "Indihome Wifi" networks, and.

I am one of the people who can use it because I use the "XL" network.
Maybe there are some other networks that can use Imgur and can't use imgur.

Conclusion:
Not all regions in Indonesia cannot use Imgur.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention. While searching for the regions where Imgur is blocked, it seems that all of those countries have similar concerns.

Last edited:
And it is very important that all members with Imgur accounts stay publicly anonymous despite hosting our images with them. Should we investigate how this can be accomplished? Signing up with one's personal Facebook or Google accounts sounds dangerous in that regard, for example.
Should I add more information regarding this? I have suggestions about this topic.

I believe it's necessary to include a section addressing the clarification of alternatives and their associated risks. Once that's done, I presume we can conclude our discussion on the subject.

Last edited:
I received some important information from our wiki manager:

"I'm not super knowledgeable in the legal side of things. So, when I say this stuff, take it merely as opinion. In my personal opinion, the best answer is the common sense answer, or the gut feeling you get. If you feel what you're doing is dishonest, it's probably a good idea to avoid doing it. As you said in that post, it could bring trouble to users. My biggest question though is why don't you just start uploading your images on fandom itself? If you did so, you would have greater control over how things are sourced, what the source images are and wouldn't have to worry about things, such as the new imgur policy. I understand that you can't go through and re-source the imgur scans, but I would recommend using fandom itself for newer sourcing. Not out of any legal reasons, but because it's simpler and more reliable."

"Howdy. I got an answer from my boss. In regards to what I said up here. Basically, he said that context for the feat is okay so long as it is required to properly source it. Only add as much as you need. Movie screenshots are fine too, and as for novel pages, it's advised that you don't use those. Mr. Lder said we wouldn't take them down unless a copyright claim was made against it, but it is still inadvisable from posting pages from novels."

I think one of the main reasons we upload to offsite Albums as opposed to Fandom directly is for many reasons; one reason is because it's easier and/or can be down without downloading and needing to save files. But another big reason is because some scans may or may not contain mature content or may include words or phrases Fandom considered inappropriate. Which obviously we don't want people getting banned over something doing something as simple as uploading scans.

@Agnaa

What do you think about Dread's latest changes to the page, and its current overall state in sum total?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ions?type=revision&diff=7971104&oldid=7970679

Constructive input from others is also very appreciated.
  • Email from imgur addition includes some strange information, about the album used to report a user.
  • Alternatives section seems mostly good. Some of the wording near the end is strange, such as with "the second part has yet to be addressed".
  • The change to the perspective section seems strange. The addition seems unnecessary, and uses some strange language (saying the platform "employs" characters, advising people how to feel, a guess on how long the changes will take pulled out of nowhere).
  • I don't think the images being public/private is important. In the past, it was important for certain scans, due to explicit images only being allowed when uploaded privately, but they've now changed that rule. While posting it publicly lets people see the scan and your username, so does posting it to the wiki; it just shows it to a different audience.
  • The rest of the security section seems fine.

If the image is being uploaded publicly, it can expose your username. Not everyone is comfortable with that.

And I will fix the draft as you suggested.

Yeah but wouldn't it expose your username if you post it privately, and share the link to that on a public website, like the wiki?

I think one of the main reasons we upload to offsite Albums as opposed to Fandom directly is for many reasons; one reason is because it's easier and/or can be down without downloading and needing to save files. But another big reason is because some scans may or may not contain mature content or may include words or phrases Fandom considered inappropriate. Which obviously we don't want people getting banned over something doing something as simple as uploading scans.
These seem to be very good points. Are you willing to help with suggestions regarding how our instruction page draft should be adjusted accordingly?
  • Email from imgur addition includes some strange information, about the album used to report a user.
  • Alternatives section seems mostly good. Some of the wording near the end is strange, such as with "the second part has yet to be addressed".
  • The change to the perspective section seems strange. The addition seems unnecessary, and uses some strange language (saying the platform "employs" characters, advising people how to feel, a guess on how long the changes will take pulled out of nowhere).
  • I don't think the images being public/private is important. In the past, it was important for certain scans, due to explicit images only being allowed when uploaded privately, but they've now changed that rule. While posting it publicly lets people see the scan and your username, so does posting it to the wiki; it just shows it to a different audience.
  • The rest of the security section seems fine.
Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Would you be willing to improve on Dread's draft page directly according to your above comments please?

These seem to be very good points. Are you willing to help with suggestions regarding how our instruction page draft should be adjusted accordingly?
I don't think the instruction page needs to be updated from what DDM said. At most, we could include a warning that risque images and certain types of scans should be placed on other websites, since FANDOM is stricter on that sort of thing.

Would you be willing to improve on Dread's draft page directly according to your above comments please?
No, with the time/energy I've got I couldn't do much more than reverting it to what it was before those edits.

I don't think the instruction page needs to be updated from what DDM said. At most, we could include a warning that risque images and certain types of scans should be placed on other websites, since FANDOM is stricter on that sort of thing.

No, with the time/energy I've got I couldn't do much more than reverting it to what it was before those edits.
I can do it. I just need time since I also have studies.

I edited accordingly as @Agnaa suggested. Tho his point about the privacy, I differ. I believe when you create first time in Imgur through 3rd party, the username will be configured almost same as your email address.

So I left the section as VSBW recommendation to members.

Last edited:
I edited accordingly as @Agnaa suggested. Tho his point about the privacy, I differ. I believe when you create first time in Imgur through 3rd party, the username will be configured almost same as your email.

So I left the section as VSBW recommendation.
Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏

@Agnaa @DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu

What do you think about Dread's current draft page?

What was the most recent version of Dread's draft? I am kind of tied up to be scrolling up to find it.

It's a bit all over the place but it gets the needed points across very well.

Regarding this:

However, there are potential issues with this approach. Some members may misrepresent evidence by removing text and claiming it is irrelevant, whether intentionally or unintentionally. Additionally, casual viewers may express concern about this practice. Although this may be the best option available, it is not without flaws.
...It is not my area of experience, but I wonder if we may add a note or something to offer a workaround to this. I realize we're hasty to lament over the use of Discord, but it does seem well-fitted to verifying an image directly. At the very least I think we should add a note suggesting that users keep an unedited version of the scan on-hand in case verification is necessary at a later date? Just tossing around ideas.

...It is not my area of experience, but I wonder if we may add a note or something to offer a workaround to this. I realize we're hasty to lament over the use of Discord, but it does seem well-fitted to verifying an image directly. At the very least I think we should add a note suggesting that users keep an unedited version of the scan on-hand in case verification is necessary at a later date? Just tossing around ideas.
We really can't ask something like that. We can recommend it, but they are not obligated.

We really can't ask something like that. We can recommend it, but they are not obligated.
They're not obligated to follow any of our advice on the page, Dread. 's just advice.

I edited accordingly as @Agnaa suggested. Tho his point about the privacy, I differ. I believe when you create first time in Imgur through 3rd party, the username will be configured almost same as your email address.

So I left the section as VSBW recommendation to members.
I just tried creating an account; when you log into Imgur through a third party service, it asks you to provide an Imgur-specific username, and a phone number for verification.

(I say "tried"; it wouldn't let me. It says email sign-ups weren't allowed in my region even when trying to log in through a third-party service)

Okay
I finally succeeded in opening an imgur account
Is there a way to just transfer the former links into my personal album?

Without needing to reupload the images all over again

Back