• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

She had a knife and I'm pretty sure her whole body weight pressing into his shoulder from above. Also, that justification is already on there - we were talking about her second AP justification.

Plus Aizawa has no actual durability feats that make him Building level; his current justification for durability is surviving Nomu's attacks but even Nomu's most casual attacks snapped his arm like a twig.

We normally scale AP to Durability in terms of physical strength (Except special cases like Deku, who's physical attacks with 100% damage him)

The calculation was accepted at 454.08 tons, should we apply it to Izuku's profile or wait for the movie?

I think it's probably best to wait for the movie to be officially released over here.

Therefir said:
The calculation was accepted at 454.08 tons, should we apply it to Izuku's profile or wait for the movie?
Just apply the changes, it's not like we ever cared about spoilers here. If you really want you can put a warning for movie spoilers in his profile.

Easily breaking through a concrete wall is not Building level automatically, is it?

Chapter 198 is out, definitely one of the weirdest Quirks seen yet.

Damage3245 said:
Easily breaking through a concrete wall is not Building level automatically, is it?
Depends on how you destroyed it, but that's just a supporting feat for the Villian Bot.

Dziga said:
Just apply the changes, it's not like we ever cared about spoilers here. If you really want you can put a warning for movie spoilers in his profile.
It's better to wait until the movie is translated.

Okay, then what exactly is the main basis for the 1-point bots being 8-C then?

I think they should be superior to students like Shinsou, who was unable to beat them.

We have no idea what Shinsou's performance against them was like, just that he didn't pass the exam.

He didn't pass the exam because he couldn't defeat those things, that should be obvious.

Exam was based on rescue and villain points, wasn't it? Perhaps he got no rescue points, and just not enough villain points.

Base Deku - at that point - is rated as 9-A+ for damaging a Villain Bot, and Shinso is scaled directly to him.

You're saying that Shinsou cannot damage a Villain Bot but is roughly as strong as someone that can tear through a villain bots arm & head?

Base Deku is 9-A+ because he didn't defeat a Villain Bot by himself, he used an armor plate, he is also slightly stronger than Shinso. Deku with an armor plate is 8-C.

> Base Deku is 9-A+ because he didn't defeat a Villain Bot by himself, he used an armor plate

Isn't that the same sort of logic for why Toga should be 9-A+ instead of 8-C? Because she used a knife to hurt Aizawa instead of doing it herself?

Toga is clearly stronger than base Izuku, since she was able to restrain him, and Deku needed to use Full Cowl to free himself, I'm not sure why people downplay her so much, she can even outpace Aizawa.

That is a speed feat.

I'm downplaying her because I believe she is overrated. None of her feats point to her being concretely 8-C IMO.

As for restraining Izuku, given that he has Peak Human strength in base, that only requires her to have Peak Human+ strength / Superhuman Strength to restrain him.

If you can physically restrain someone, it means that you are also stronger than them, at least that's how we treat these kinds of feat.

She also took a hit from Shouji.

Yet we differentiate lifting strength and striking strength, no? So just holding down base Izuku isn't enough to justify 8-C AP IMO.

Also, that is a durability feat - and on a side note it didn't even look like an impressive hit tbh.

She can leave a scratch on Izuku's face, and he's not precisely the baseline 8-C at that point of the history, and weapons like knives and swords can also count as striking strength.

You mean a rather small and unimpressive scratch on Izuku's face?

I'm fairly confident a 9-A+ person with sharp fingernails can scratch an 8-C character.

The slashing weapon argument all over again? We could argue this for several characters you know? Why we don't downgrade every sword or knife user to a tier below because they are using a slashing weapong? That's not how it works.

> I'm fairly confident a 9-A+ person with sharp fingernails can scratch an 8-C character.

I don't think so, that would only apply if Toga's fingernails can destroy small buildings, but she can only hurt characters with 8-C in durability, also I recently calculated Bakugou's attack potency at 1.05 tons, and Izuku's durability can scale from that.

Well, the 'slashing weapon argument' is what is being used to supporting base Izuku's rating currently.

I think a lot of the justifications you've brought up are either not relevant to AP, or not worth justifying Toga as 8-C.

I have no problem with base Izuku being 8-C, the armor plate is not sharp at all.

I do have problems with base Izuku (as of the early Sports Fest Arc) being 8-C. We should probably save this discussion for another thread though instead of filling up the general discussion thread.

For another topic, what do you think about Shihai Kuroiro's Quirk from the latest chapter? Seems to be a kind of Limited Phasing / Possession.

I think it's one of the most weirdest Quirks in MHA, and it's likely tremendously powerful at night with the light being an obvious weakness, besides that, I'm not sure if he was possesing Dark Shadow.

Yeah, from the looks of it after Dark Shadow returned inside Tokoyami, Shihai popped out of it. I'm not sure what to make of it.

But why? I mean Deku technically one-shotted that One-Point Bot.

I'm not sure how strong base Deku is right now, but if he was like 0.249 tons at the Sport Festival scaling from a baseline Building level character, it's logical that after all this time he is at the very least a little stronger, don't you think?

Edit: Speaking of other things, Bakugou's grenadier bracers allows him to use his strongest explosions without harming himself, right?

Maybe there's a flaw somewhere in our evaluating of the 1-point bot.

Couple of (hypothetical) explanations, maybe the 1-point bots are more fragile for than 0-point bots, especially since the 0-point bot is not intended to be something that the students can reasonably defeat since it has no point value.

Or maybe the landmine-caused explosion during the Sports Fest race was misleadingly portrayed and it wasn't actually an 8-C explosion (therefore making the armor plate not 8-C as well).

You don't have any proof that Zero-Point Bots are made of a harder material than One-Point Bots, do you?

And this is because...?

Back