• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

I doubt it, but we can at least judge how durable his SFX are because Aoyama's laser wasn't able to cause any damage to them.

Well, usually chapters vary between 15 and 17 pages in length.

Last weeks chapter was 13 pages.

And this weeks chapter is 11 pages.

So it has been getting shorter recently. This may be due to Horikoshi's health and he apologized in this weeks author comments for it.

Well, we don't know. All we know is he's apologized for the short chapter this week and said he'll try to return to normal.

Horikoshi had a 'Togachi moment' back in the Chisaki arc when Nighteye was first introduced IIRC. And I'm not talking about hiatus but the drawing of the chapter.

Weekly manga's world is a health destructor.

5% Deku's AP: Building level (Able to hurt Todoroki.)

Todoroki's Durability: Building level (Took a punch from 5% Izuku, although Izuku had all the fingers broken at the time)

Are these referring to the same feat? In which case I think one of them should probably go.

Damage3245 said:
5% Deku's AP: Building level (Able to hurt Todoroki.)
Todoroki's Durability: Building level (Took a punch from 5% Izuku, although Izuku had all the fingers broken at the time)

Are these referring to the same feat? In which case I think one of them should probably go.
Todoroki's durability scales from Bakugou's Howizer Impact

And deku's AP is from that and the other 8-C feats

So in other words, you're saying we should remove that line from Todoroki's profile?

Okay, will do.

EDIT: Or rather, it has already been taken care of.

EDIT 2: On the topic of Circular Reasoning:

Stain: Building level (Severely harmed Iida's arm, leaving permanent damage.)

Iida: Building level (Can take multiple attacks from Stai.)

EDIT 3: I'm actually discovering more and more circular reasoning. I should make a damn megathread for this.

Damage3245 said:
Stain: Building level (Severely harmed Iida's arm, leaving permanent damage.)

Iida: Building level (Can take multiple attacks from Stai.)

EDIT 3: I'm actually discovering more and more circular reasoning. I should make a damn megathread for this.
Not everything is circular scaling lmao

Those are added to get more feats for the character

stain has other feats that make him 8-C, same Iida's durability, but we list those because... the "lols" i guess

Listing one or the other is fine, but when both are listed it starts looking a bit funky.

Okay, tomorrow I will review all the existing profiles and I'll make a blog post listing all of the justifications that I think are sketchy.

In the meantime is Kendo's feat from the latest chapter worth calcing?

Damage3245 said:
Okay, tomorrow I will review all the existing profiles and I'll make a blog post listing all of the justifications that I think are sketchy.
In the meantime is Kendo's feat from the latest chapter worth calcing?
You should make a thread about all profiles in general, and make an effort to get rid of circular scaling.

I actually calculated her feat at Building level, the compressive strength of tungsten is about 3500 MPA.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Yeah, but she was already building level and that feat is supposed to be for a stronger self
How is it for a stronger self exactly?

Also, she doesn't really have a calc supporting her current rating so it would be good to put in for her justification.

The current arc. Is said that everyone grew stronger that they were before. Her profiles covers her previous self from the begginings and the calc would be for the newest version.

Sure, but that doesn't mean she'd need a new key or anything if she hasn't grown significantly more powerful.

The calc would still be useful to have on there.

Andytrenom said:
How far into 8-C is the feat? @There
I calced the feat at 0.60 tons.

@AidenBrooks999 Deku dodging bullets like a badass is pretty cool, I'm going to try to calc that feat.

When I saw Kendo smashing several of Momo's shields, I interpreted it as her using multiple repeated hits to break through them (hence she was planning on not giving Momo any time to counter) though I may be wrong.

? I can't see other hits in that panel, and not giving Momo any time to think has nothing to do with the number of hits, Bakugou said the same thing in his fight with Izuku, and he was just pressuring Izuku with his explosions.

Now that I mention that, Bakugou's movement speed with explosions is probably around subsonic, since be moved several meters while Izuku fell a few centimeters.

A single hit being able to dent a shield doesn't really mean anything, but I guess the sound effects thing makes sense, although as long as she did those hits in less than a second, the feat should be fine.

> A single hit being able to dent a shield doesn't really mean anything

Err, doesn't it? Would it mean that a single punch from her = the amount of force required to crush a tungsten shield, and that a series of punches from her = the amount of force required to damage multiple shields?

I'm not saying the single hit on Momo's first shield proves anything, just that it is consistent with with using multiple hits to break through Momo's layered shields.

Although funnily enough if you divide the outcome of her feat into 3, it would be less than baseline Building busting.

Not that it matters though since this isn't the peak of her strength.

It doesn't mean anything because she could have dent two shields if Momo had created two instead of one.

I'm not sure why we're discussing something as trivial as this.

Back