• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

Fatgum saved Aizawa from a surprise attack that he could not react.

I thought that putting Mt. Lady at Aizawa's level would be fine? She is completely superior to Aizawa in every other way.

Mt. Lady has fairly self-explanatory reasons for being stronger and more durable than Aizawa. I don't think that necessarily makes her faster than him too. Maybe it could be reworded a bit.

As for Fat Gum, that should be fine but I'll edit his profile to make it a bit clearer.

She managed to intercept Mr. Compress.

About Aizawa's durability, he actually dodged the attack from the villain who is stated to be as strong as lightning, so his durability should be downgraded.

Okay, I agree with that.

And technically speaking she intercepted Mr. Compress when he was launched by another character; not going at his own movement speed. I don't think it's possible to know how fast he was actually going.

If Mr. Compress needed to be launched because he couldn't move faster than Izuku and his team, then he was going much faster than he could normally move.

Well, it was more like he needed to be launched because they were up in the air and Mr. Compress has no way of flying.

Instead, why we don't we use Mt. Lady defeating the Giant Villain from chapter 1 that Kamui Woods was about to defeat?

He could easily jump that distance using the buildings, like when dodged Todoroki's Giant Ice Wall using the trees.

They were in the middle of a clearing, weren't they? There were no nearby buildings for him to jump off of to reach them.

I calculated the distance between Izuku's team and the ground, and it's not that far, Mr. Compress could actually jump that distance going from what he has demonstrated.

Then perhaps Mr. Compress isn't actually as fast as his feat of dodging Todoroki's ice would suggest. Inconsistencies? Maybe.

I hope Horikoshi starts giving us some definite numbers in the future like Mitsutoshi did for Toriko.

Izuku's team was propulsated by Iida's Recipro Burst and Bakugou's explosions, Mr. Compress can't move faster that.

Also, I was talking about his jumping distance not his speed.

Hey guys.

About the new chapter, I noticed a speed feat that may or may not be worth looking at.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PCtMVW71...gOgcFgUykHS1GDZaLP3KA7nU7nlQCHMYCw/s0/013.png

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r6e0hC1c...vIYKFIEt4vujRmslYvRLoffIY6uQCHMYCw/s0/014.png

Jurota blitzed Tsuyu and Kirishima, and if you look at the last panel there is a motion blur signifying his last location that being on top of a structure adjacent to a tall tower, and quite far away from both his targets.

Can this be calculated? Tsuyu couldn't react to his attack so peak human reaction may be applicable (I think?).

That would still be slower than sound, no? Because they heard the sound of Jurota approaching before he actually reached them. That's what that big sound effect is on the first page where they're all looking in one direction.

If it does get calced to be supersonic or higher (assuming it's calcable) I would say them being able to hear it is just artistic license.

Or the calc exaggerates the feat. Both interpretations seem pretty possible.

Ah well, I'm not sure it is possible to figure out how far away he leaped from but maybe it is.

Ladder = 30.40 cm or 0.3040 m according to some sources.

Panel Height = 29.62 m

2atan(tan(70/2)*(Object_Size/Panel_Height))

2atan(tan(70/2)*(0.3040/29.62)) = 0.009725762296 radians, or 0.55724513211 degrees

Distance: 31.257 m

That's the distance Jurota moved. The timeframe is 0.08 seconds (Peak human reaction speed).

Speed = 31.257 / 0.08 = 390.71 m/s, Mach 1.14 (Supersonic)

This guy is fast.

Screenshot 2018-08-29-10-28-01-1

Who knows, perhaps he'll break out of the control, it rewus a jolt or something, so i suppose with sufficient pain, in order to break out

I still have no idea how theyre going to beat Ibara unless Shinsou can get to her, but I doubt they would can her easily

I wonder what happened to Shinsou, I hope we see him in action.

Please don't post random spoiler pics in here. We should at least save discussion of it until it has been scanlated.

In the anime, Tetsutetsu was already there before Mustard shot the bullet.

Chapter is out on ***********. Actually a really good chapter. I'm enjoying this arc.

I've just realized that the reason All Might uses the names of USA's states names is because he studied there (according to the special episode).

Unbreakable Kirishima doesn't have many great strength feats, does he?

He gets an attack buff with his Hardening aswell, Unbreakable is definitely higher in AP to regular hardening, which would scale to the 8-C, so its impressive nonetheless.

So like IDK where we are at the mo but I don't think this has been mentioned yet so...

Pretty sure Kirishima was able to react to an attack that Aizawa couldn't react to. Fatgum reacted to it and tried to block the attack to keep Aizawa from getting hurt, but at the same time Kirishima tried to block the attack as well and that's why BOTH of them fought Rappa.

> Was able to destroy Tsuburaba's Air Prison with a metal pipe, Tsuburaba's Quirk it was noted to be stronger than in U.A.'s Sports Festival

This isn't a good justification because Tsuburaba's Solid Air doesn't have any solid durability feats in the first place.

> Withstood an attack from Shishida, who can easily ragdoll both Kirishima and Asui, albeit with severe injuries in his shoulder

If someone gets sent flying by a hit, crashed into a wall and recieves injuries from the attack, I don't think it's entirely accurate to say they withstood it.

Also, on Tsuyu's page:

> Took a hit from Shishida, who severely harmed Kaminari's shoulder

Seeing as Kaminari partially gets his durability rating from Tsuyu, isn't this a bit circular?

Well Shinsou could not break it, and he is still 9-A unless he demonstrate better feats.

Tsuyu was harmed by Shishida's attack, so it's not a bad feat.

Eh, I still think Shinsou is rated a bit too high but I guess we'll see what else he has to show off.

Also, it looks like it took both Tsuyu and Kaminari to break the Air Prison holding Shinsou. I wonder if they weaken over time / have a time limit, otherwise it seems like an insanely useful power.

I think it would be a good idea to create profiles for Shishida and Yo Shindo, Shishida have his own Supersonic feat while Yo Shindo have his attack potency and durability calculated.

Back