• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

I was throwing out hypothetical explanations, Therefir. I specified that in the post.

Damage3245 said:
I was throwing out hypothetical explanations, Therefir. I specified that in the post.
I see, sorry then, but still, I'm going to say it again, Shinso can't destroy a small building, at all, he can only hurt people who have that durability, that's how our wiki works, there are hundreds of characters that can't destroy a wall despite being far higher than 9-B.

Most of the stats in MHA comes from explosion feats, Horikoshi probably doesn't know how powerful explosions are, but that's not our fault.

Damage3245 said:
Out of curiosity, could you calc this feat of Aoyama's?
Okay, I actually forgot to calculate that feat.

Damage3245 said:
Yeah, from the looks of it after Dark Shadow returned inside Tokoyami, Shihai popped out of it. I'm not sure what to make of it.
I assumed that he came out of DS, attacked Tokoyami, and then went into a shadow to evade Momo's net

AidenBrooks999 said:
Therefir said:
I have no problem with base Izuku being 8-C, the armor plate is not sharp at all.
Wow wow now there buddy

Tbh, I never really liked Deku being so close to his OFA 5%, but making Deku 8-C is borderline ridiculous
^

It's blatant wank territory. Even making him 9-A+ is already pushing plausability.

Also the Villan Bot durability calc argued that the plate should just be upscaled from 0.17 tons to 0.25 tons. Because..... something? Yeah, no. That's a 68% increase for no reason whatsoever.

I love how Damage said to save that for another thread. And yet that was ignored by people who either can't read or don't think before they write.

Also stop quoting people like that, it makes the thread unreadable.

TheRustyOne said:
I love how Damage said to save that for another thread. And yet that was ignored by people who either can't read or don't think before they write.
Also stop quoting people like that, it makes the thread unreadable.
That's quite an assumption to make. I missed that if Damage did say so. So cut the passive aggressive tude.

Also, just because I said for Therefir and i to save the discussion for another thread does not mean I'm forbidding people from giving their opinions on it here. I was just making a request that people are free to ignore.

U know what would be cool guys....an evil Deku! Then it takes the lovely girl to come and save him from his darkness!

Reppuzan said:
@BlackeJan

No. That's pure edge fic wish-fulfillment and that wouldn't be Deku.
....a guy could dream ya know....well what I should had said is that Deku gets mind hax by another villain (that's close to AFO) goeson a rampage then the girl of his dream comes and saves him! (Pulls an inuyasha)

BlackeJan said:
Reppuzan said:
@BlackeJan

No. That's pure edge fic wish-fulfillment and that wouldn't be Deku.
....a guy could dream ya know....well what I should had said is that Deku gets mind hax by another villain (that's close to AFO) goeson a rampage then the girl of his dream comes and saves him! (Pulls an inuyasha)
I take it you're referencing this fic?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12973338/1/Have-Fear-For-I-Am-Here

It started off alright in chapt 1 or 2 but quickly became rushed and went into heavy OOC territory, making it trash.

There are a myriad of MHA fics that I follow and enjoy, but I don't know if you guys would be into because they're all fusion fics (i.e. two settings are integrated into a single history).

Neither a Bird, nor a Plane, It's Deku! follows Izuku as a Kryptonian on an Earth that hates aliens. 90% of the population has superpowers, be it a Quirk, Metagene, Magic, or genetic mutation, with some having multiple powersets. The story is well-written and Izuku remains compelling despite having an ostensibly overpowered skillset. The best part is that it still sounds like him and things aren't a complete rehash of canon. Most notably, Hisashi is an actual character! It's also available on AO3 and FFN.net.

My Huntsman Academia is a "Quest Fic", meaning that the readers have a say in which way the story goes. It's a little off-putting to read in the second person at first, but ultimately everyone's voices are mostly conserved (even if some are flanderized). As the title would imply, it reimagines the Heroes and Heroes-in-Training of My Hero Academia as Huntsmen and Huntresses as seen in RWBY. There's a lot of almost Persona-esque social interactions, but they're rarely heavy handed and the action scenes are also excellent. The story also has a devoted readerbase that loves to meme the crap out of everything in it.

Thieves Can Be Heroes! is a Persona 5 crossover in which Izuku gets thrust into the role of the Persona 5 protagonist instead of meeting All Might. I'll admit that this one is a bit of self-promotion considering I'm the fic's beta-reader, but the story is solid (albeit with a good chunk of canon rehash) and the character interactions are fun. I'm slowly rewriting parts of the story due to grammar and such, so there will be variances in writing quality. It's also available on FFN.net.

I spotted a fic where Deku has the same power as Escanor from NNT. But it was a ooc harem fic so I passed that up quickly (How disapointing, that's like my dream fic dude)

@Versus

I mean, how would you even balance that? And how would Izuku even function in society as a hulking, insufferably arrogant 15-16 year old?

I take it you're referencing this fic?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12973338/1/Have-Fear-For-I-Am-Here

It started off alright in chapt 1 or 2 but quickly became rushed and went into heavy OOC territory, making it trash.

THERES A FANFIC OF THAT?!

@Rep

While I agree with you, don't bash someone's fanfic preferences. You come off as very elitist-like. Fanfiction is called fanfiction for a reason after all.

@Versus

Sorry, but Villain Deku fics are a massive pet peeve of mine because they almost always make him act OOC and spiteful even though he's an incredibly forgiving and caring individual.

You're right, I don't really have the right to bash someone's preferences and I'm sorry about that. I just find these kinds of stories that completely ignore his established character to be irritating.

Reppuzan said:
@Versus
Sorry, but Villain Deku fics are a massive pet peeve of mine because they almost always make him act OOC and spiteful even though he's an incredibly forgiving and caring individual.

You're right, I don't really have the right to bash someone's preferences and I'm sorry about that. I just find these kinds of stories that completely ignore his established character to be irritating.
I get that man. Just like how I hate Ben 10 fics that have Ben lose everything dear to him and turn him into an ooc edgelord. When such a scenario cannot even realistically happen in the first place.

@Repp Why are you being so apprehensive to that idea? Not saying you don't have a right to but I don't understand why even mentioning evil Izuku gets to you so much.

Sorry, didn't see your convo with Versus.

Anyways a quick summary of the fic I posted.

Basically All Might tells Deku he cannot be a Hero in an OOC mean way. Rather than sitting down and talking to him, he just says "Nah" and runs off. Then Izuku gets approached by AFO... and the predictable happens.

Izuku gains a somewhat OP quirk (Superspeed). Nearly kills Bakugou by accident and paralyses him. This goes unnoticed somehow. But then he appears at the USJ dome and some f***ing how kills All Might.

Needless to say, it was awfull.

I don't think an evil Izuku would ever work. A villain one could work but only in a story that paints a really frightening picture of the world, if it wants to convince us that Izuku would ever consider becoming a criminal.

Reppuzan said:
@Blacke

No. That's stupid and cliched and would never happen.
Dude clam down it's not the end of the world even if u don't like it. I meant in the series though that Deku turns Evil (not forever or something like that) but like those transformations when they get mind haxed and go on a rampage but someone important comes along to save him then bam he's back to normal and defeats the villuam

I agree with Aiden.

Shihai's ability to control anything "black" that he melds with is a lot like Ichibe's own control of black things.

His rating should be 9-A for hurting Tokoyami

Supersonic since heTokoyami didn't reacted to his attack and dodged Momo's net

Back