• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

IDK if it is truly applicable since it probably is Anime Only (iirc), but in the most recent episode Bakugou is seen throwing out several explosions that are greater in size than the buildings around him and he isn't straining himself.

"May the fires of hell absolve you of your sins" Please tell me this wasn't a mistranslation.

I'll be honest that I dislike using anime versions because of their tendency to exaggerate feats.

Damage3245 said:
I'll be honest that I dislike using anime versions because of their tendency to exaggerate feats.
The better question: since when do we use anime over manga for BHNA?

I heard never? I think the answer is never.

The better question: since when do we use anime over manga for BHNA?

In the manga there is nothing to scale the explosion.

TheRustyOne said:
Bakugo should get a second key though, wasn't it stated he had gotten stronger?
Yeah, but at what point exactly?

The key would need to be specific about when he did so.

Currently in the manga, he has nothing tbh. Even he couldn't do too much to Unbreakable even with Sato's help.

We used the anime version to find the timeframe of All Might's feat, not sure what it's wrong with Bakugou's feat.

Edit: I was trying to say that we use the anime version when in the manga we cannot find something, like fof example the timefram of All Might's feat.

Unless its one of those rare series like Kill la Kill that don't have a manga version. We always use the manga as it's the primary canon

We've always been aloud to use the anime if the scenes are similar between the anime and manga. The manga doesn't show us how big the explosion is compared to the building while the anime does.

We've been doing this for awhile, heck we've even postpone some calcs so we can wait for the anime to catch up and help clear up some questions we would have.

Therefir said:
I calculated the explosion Bakugou created to defeat Izuku at 1.28 tons, so Bakugou's attack potency should be upgraded to Building level+.
Ok, assuming we accept this (Which I disagree, because it would be like special treatment for the verse)

What about this changes to Bakugou? (Yes, the striking strenght feats on his profile were from his fight with deku):

Attack Potency: Building level (Casually destroyed several Villain Bots during U.A.'s Entrance Exam. His strongest explosions are this powerful) | Building level+ (Narrowly defeated Deku using Full Cowl 5%. Made a big explosion during his fight with Deku to take him dow)

Speed: Peak Human with Supersonic reactions and combat speed (Can easily keep up with Todoroki. Kept up with Toga, Mr. Compress, and Twice at the same time) | Peak Human with Supersonic reactions and combat speed (Can outpace Deku using Full Cowl 5%, and can barely react to 8%)

Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Comparable to Shouji) | Class 5 (Restrained Deku with a grip)

Striking Strength: Building Class | Building Class+ (Hurt Deku with a punch and a kick)

Durability: Building level (Took a beating from a casual and restrained All Might. Able to withstand the recoil of his strongest explosions, although with some damage to his arms) | Building level+ (Took attacks from Deku's Full Cowl 5%, as well as 8% and withstood being on the epicenter of his explosio)

Keys... I don't know, maybe Pre-Provisional Hero License Exam Arc | Post-Provisional Hero License Exam Arc?

For the first Key, all you need is U.A. Beginnings Saga which is the whole first part of the series up to the end of the Hideout Raid Arc.

I would also like to see where 'Comparable to Shouji' comes from.

Damage3245 said:
For the first Key, all you need is U.A. Beginnings Saga which is the whole first part of the series up to the end of the Hideout Raid Arc.
I feel like my suggestion is more specific, but whatever others choose.

And what about this for Kirishima? (key base hardening and unbreakable):

Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A | 8-C | 8-C

Name:
Eijirou Kirishima, "Red Riot" (Hero Name)

Origin: My Hero Academia

Classification: Human, Hero-in-Training

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant, Can change the composition of his body to harden it

Attack Potency: Small Building level+ (Should be comparable to Izuku) | Building level (Broke through the armor of a Zero-Point Bot) | Building level+ (Smashed blades that were durable and sharp enough to cut him in his normal hardened form. Should be comparable to Bakugou and Deku Full Cowl 8%)

Speed: Athletic Human with Supersonic reactions and combat speed (Managed to leave a scratch on Bakugou. Reacted to a bullet and hardened himself in time to block it)

Lifting Strength: Peak Human | Class 5 (Comparable to Shouji) | Class 5

Striking Strength:
Small Building Class+ | Building Class (Matched blows with Tetsutetsu. Comparable to Izuku's Shoot Style 5%) | Building level+

Durability:
Small Building level+ (As one of the strongest students, he should be comparable to Tokoyami) | Building level (Able to withstand Bakugou's explosions without receiving any damage. Can easily withstand having several tons of steel being dropped on him) | Building level+ (Easily brushed off blades that cut him previously. Withstood several attacks from Rappa. Both him and Bakugou were confident it could take a Howitzer Impact)

@Rusty

To be fair, the first one is a light novel iirc, were anime is accepted if the author is involved/the feat is really similar.

The others I have 0 idea why were accepted. It makes no sense given how much we want to "keep the original material"

Well Matt accepted the use of the anime version for the dragon maid show, so I trust his judgement. And I'm also positive that there was a thread discussing this before.

It was agreed as long as the scenes are similar, that it's fine to use the anime version. However if it leads to stupidly high results then we can't use them.

I'm going to find more, because a lot of verse do this.

Damage3245 said:
I would also like to see where 'Comparable to Shouji' comes from.
Originally it was comparabke to Kirishima and a calc to his lifting strenght... And outofnowhere changed to Shouji.

I mean, fine if the calc got rejected, but I don't see Shouji's feat as Class 5

Kirishima is stronger than Shouji, it would be worse to scale eveyone from him, besides, I deleted that feat from his profile because Kirishima wasn't lifting anything.

I'm fine with Kirishima's suggestions, there is also a panel which implies that Izuku Full Cowl 8% and Kirishima in his hardened form are comparable, with Bakugou's first key we'll probably have to put his lifting strength in unknown.

Edit: It looks like you're using that panel to justify his second key, but that was 8% Izuku, not 5%.

Therefir said:
I'm fine with Kirishima's suggestions, there is also a panel which implies that Izuku Full Cowl 8% and Kirishima in his hardened form are comparable, with Bakugou's first key we'll probably have to put his lifting strength in unknown.
Edit: It looks like you're using that panel to justify his second key, but that was 8% Izuku, not 5%.
Yeah, maybe it should be removed. Unbreakable being comparable to 8% is fine, but not his regular hardening.

I haven't quiet caught up yet, but may I ask, who is the strongest 1-A student as of now? I was under the impression it's Shoto since he defeated 100% Deku but some people says he's weaker than even Bakugo, so how about it?

@Zero

Todoroki is considered the overall strongest member of 1-A through raw power and technique.

But he suffers in close range and Bakugou beat him in the Sports Festival due to Todoroki not using his full power against him.

Finally a feat for Itsuka Kendou in the latest chapter. Also, it's a shame the chapters have been getting so short lately.

Back