• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

We need to keep an eye on Shinsou in the upcoming chapters. I'm hoping he'll get a a good fight soon to show off his gains.

According to Reppuzan, ō means ou in english right? Because Shinsō = Shinsou, Shōto = Shouto, but what happens with H─½rō? It can't be "My Herou Academia" in english right? Or in this case it doesn't apply?

I think it would be better to use the official translation.

I don't know. Reppuzan was pretty passionate about keeping the names the way they were.

I'd be happy going along with the official translation but that's just me.

Therefir said:
According to Reppuzan, ō means ou in english right? Because Shinsō = Shinsou, Shōto = Shouto, but what happens with H─½rō? It can't be "My Herou Academia" in english right? Or in this case it doesn't apply?
I think it would be better to use the official translation.
Wouldn't it be "Boku no Herou Academia" if it were jap? The "My" pretty much indicates the it being English.

WELL WHADDAYA KNOW

iF IT ISNT MORE PROOF THAT 1-B IS SUPERIOR TO YOU PITIFUL 1-A'S

Methinks Aizawa secretly been training Shinsou

After watching the last episode of the anime, I think it's confirmed that Gang Orca and his henchmen were in the radius of the explosion, since it looks like Gang Orca was activating a detonator that was in front of him.

They were obviously inside of the wall, the screen also zooms in on the wall that's going to explode when Gang Orca starts talking.

I guess I'll respond to this in a bit after I've watched the episode.

I'll be honest; I am even more convinced that Gang Orca and his subordinates were not directly hit by the explosion.

1) I don't see a detonator in front of Gang Orca; the only movement he is doing in that scene is to communicate to Mera using an earpiece.

2) The explosion begins several meters above the ground in the anime. Your own calc Therefir put the height of the wall at about 30 meters high, and the explosion started a significant way up there as seen here in the screenshot. Far enough away that I doubt Gang Orca and his subordinates tanked a majority of the blast even if they were right underneath.

3) Gang Orca and his subordinates show no sign whatsoever of just being in the explosion in the anime. No scuff marks. No scratches. The only smoke there is from the rubble they are standing on.

I wish Deku could have got a durability boost from his meeting with the others. Like maybe they could have explained it's a sign of him getting physically more used to All for One, or at least something so that he can use more than 20% without a broken limb.

Sadly I don't think Deku got any boost from that event; even his scars didn't get healed (which I am actually glad about).

Very sick cover for Volume 20: https://i.redd.it/p80suz7dw7h11.jpg

I know TheRustyOne, I added that on an edit to my comment.

Todoroki's head = 30.09 cm or 0.3009 m

Panel height = 8.15 m

2atan(tan(70/2)*(0.3009/8.15)) = 0.034983143308 radians or 2.0043864656 degrees

Distance: 8.6 m

I can calculate the distance between Iida and the panel if you want, but it's not going to be 3.5 meters, in summary using that panel actually increase the feat.

Probably better not to then, since it wouldn't make sense for him to be further away.

15000 Joules + 20,920,000 Joules (0.005 Tons) = 20,935,000 / 2 = 10,467,500 Joules for Wall level+

Hatsume's durability is 4,011,767 Joules.

You know you can click the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the OP to follow a thread right?

Err, what makes you think it is traveling any faster there?

I dislike *********** so I don't want to link them but it's easy enough to find the chapter online.

Back