• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

Good chapter though it was mostly talking. I can honestly not care about the others but gotta see me boy Midoriya in action!

Well, Izuku is going last so you've going to have to wait a bit.

I'm glad we're seeing Class 1-B get fleshed out.

"Wait, is that Mr. Aizawa's binding cloth."

The chapter ended a little too quickly at the point of the "Persona Code".

Well Deku I'm sure is gonna get an upgrade I know that for a fact and cool he has Ashido. I hope that Deku can interact w/ more people I mean he NEVER talked to Momo or Jiro. Lol I have a feeling that Ashido is gonna either get a little flirty or get some type of crush when Deku does something cool and Uraraka is gonna get jealous (at least the what my brain wants)

If he were to get an upgrade (which he obviously will since it's a recount), I hope they don't give him something arbitrary to prolong the story, like 25% being used as easily as 20%.

Deku has only just recieved an upgrade; he has his new gloves to aid in flicking air bullets.

The height of his ice should be changed to the height of the Sports Festival feat rather than 31 meters. Yaoyorozu asked him to pull off the same technique, so this should have also occurred in the blink of an eye, like it did when he was fighting Aizawa.

MirioTogata said:
The height of his ice should be changed to the height of the Sports Festival feat rather than 31 meters. Yaoyorozu asked him to pull off the same technique, so this should have also occurred in the blink of an eye.
Err, why would you assume that?

We have a legitimate reason to use the timeframe for an eye-blink in the Final Exams Arc.

There is no legitimate reason to use the same timeframe in the U.A. Sports Festival Arc.

That's like saying that because she asked him to pull off the same technique, it must be the exact same size. It makes no sense.

If Yaoyorozu asked him to do what he did in the Sports' Festival then I don't see why he wouldn't replicate that same attack. He even had to regulate his body temperature right after firing it, which means that was clearly the upper limit of his ice side's power. We can tell it was also the upper limit in the Sports Festival because he had frost covering his body. The Sports' Festival panel was even shown right before he used it against Aizawa, so it's more or less a direct callback.

It couldn't be 31 meters in the Final Exam and over 60-80 meters in the Sports Festival. That's a huge difference. Since this is before the training camp, we know that Todoroki's quirk output didn't grow that much during the first semester. It's clearly the same attack and should be counted as the same speed, so imo it's worthy of a re-eval.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vGSEimK2r...1wBm15sHBCb8iRNYmyO2xgCHM/s16000/0034-016.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TRlw6jQVUwU/WRP2WYGFmSI/AAAAAAAAm4w/uqeJ0oMxd9kZiT-o886tBi2Dq57j6IBRgCHM/s16000/0064-004.png

> It couldn't be 31 meters in the Final Exam and over 60-80 meters in the Sports Festival. That's a huge difference.

The difference is easily explainable by the fact that he did not make it as big as the first one.

In the first example, he was angry at his father and annoyed, and it led to him going severely overboard against an opponent he didn't need to.

Even then, the sheer fact that it is larger means it doesn't have to be formed at the same speed.

Less ice to create = quicker time it is created. That makes sense, right?

To be honest, we can't really see the total height of the attack that Todoroki used against Aizawa, I need to recalculate that, again.

Are you recalculating it so you can get a higher result?

Also, this line on Izuku's profile: Kept up with Gentle in Lover Mode.

Gentle only gets his speed scaling from Izuku from fighting Izuku so this is fine to remove under circular reasoning, yeah?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TRlw6jQVU...ZiT-o886tBi2Dq57j6IBRgCHM/s16000/0064-004.png

We've seen Todoroki use a smaller version of this attack only once against Bakugo, and even that reached near the top of the stadium. Still higher than 31 meters.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-92dbCiEYn...3kvPvQo0r1yMmvnuPExDDACHM/s16000/0043-002.png

Note that the smaller version didn't cause frost to appear on any side of his body, yet at the sports' festival and at the final exam arc, he had frost in both instances.

Again, so what? That just proves the height of the Super Move can vary.

But it shows that the frost only appears in larger instances. We've seen these larger attacks when he was fighting Sero and when he fought Aizawa. If his ice against Aizawa was truly small enough to only reach 31 meters (which is still smaller than the reduced version he used on bakugo), he should have had no frost on his body at all.

He needed to regulate his temperature immediately after he used it in the Final Exam arc. I don't doubt that the super move can vary in size, but the after effects shouldn't be present if he used a smaller version.

Or the after effects is just a minor bit of inconsistency from Horikoshi.

Horikoshi doesn't have as much inconsistencies as other manga authors, honestly. I doubt a feat as early as chapter 40 is subject to one.

Remember when Todoroki was hit by cement guns and never tried to break it off of him even though a bit of cement should be easy for a character that is supposedly Building level? Horikoshi isn't perfect, nobody is.

But I don't think this is good enough justification to assume the Giant Ice Wall has to be exactly the same size, just for the sake of upgrades.

Damage3245 said:
Gentle only gets his speed scaling from Izuku from fighting Izuku so this is fine to remove under circular reasoning, yeah?
I thought we agreed to remove the Gentle stuff from Izuku's profile.

Yeah, it shouldn't be there since Gentle gets his speed from Izuku.

TheRustyOne said:
I thought we agreed to remove the Gentle stuff from Izuku's profile.

Yeah, it shouldn't be there since Gentle gets his speed from Izuku.
It must have been overlooked.

I'll fix it now.

I've already given my fair share of evidence but playing it off as an inconsistency is getting us nowhere. I still think 31 meters is innacurate.

Well, Therefir is recalculating it, so perhaps we should wait and see if he finds something new.

So if Shinso is able to keep up with any of the students, or does anything to warrent a upgrade, we'll give him a new key right? Something like Post Aizawa Training or whatever.

Well, he hasn't displayed any feats yet aside from his new Voice Mimicry ability which I have added to his profile.

Damage3245 said:
Well, he hasn't displayed any feats yet aside from his new Voice Mimicry ability which I have added to his profile.
I said if he does anything.

Ah, well I guess it depends on what he does. I'm not sure how much action we'll see him in.

TriforcePower1 said:
It's very good. If you didn't add it already, I'm fine with you adding it.
I did add it, also thank you very much.

I was working on that since the chapter first came out and the moment I saw that picture, I instantly knew that I had to make a render of it.

I calculated the height of the ice and the distance to the ground using the balcony that was there, and the result was 38.50 meters. The timeframe is 0.1 seconds (blinking speed).

38.50 / 0.1 = 385 m/s, Mach 1.12 (Supersonic)

Am I allowed to say that I find it questionable for literally every single character in the series to have Supersonic reactions?

Also, he doesn't require the full amount of ice to be present in the 0.1 seconds, only enough to prevent Aizawa from seeing him directly. That's a reason for why I think the calc is a bit off.

To put it in other words; he created the ice to block Aizawa's view, but that doesn't mean the whole structure was necessary to block Aizawa's view (and therefore all appeared in 0.1 seconds).

Damage3245 said:
Am I allowed to say that I find it questionable for literally every single character in the series to have Supersonic reactions?
They were 0.92 Mach while this is 1.12 Mach, It's not even two times higher than their pervious result. I don't see why it can't be accepted. (If the calc is accepted)

Edit: Just saw your edit.

I guess they scale from base Izuku who can react to Todoroki's ice.

The problem is that Aizawa is a little bit off in that panel, and I just calculated the feat in the same way that LordXcano did.

Well, I've given it some thought and I do think the calc as a whole is questionable now.

It relies on the assumption that the entire ice structure had to be created before Aizawa could blink, which isn't the case. Only as much ice as needed to hide Todoroki from view (which doesn't necessarily mean a lot) was needed before Aizawa could blink.

Yes, he can fire it off as in start creating the Giant Ice Wall but as I said, that doesn't mean they need the entire ice wall to exist in that 0.1 seconds. They only need it to start forming to block his sight.

Maybe the full structure (all 38.50 meters of it) took a few fractions of a second long to appear. Is there any way of telling? I don't think there really is, which is why I'm skeptical about this because used to justify the reaction speeds of every single character in the series.

Back