• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

About Iida's feat, there are some points that should be taken into account.

1. Todoroki reacted and stoled Izuku's headband while Iida was using Recipro Burst, he also managed to react to one of his kicks.

2. Stain blocked a kick from Iida using Recipro Burst, and @MyMommaSaid, Stain is not Peak Human in running speed, is just that I can't use the speed from other calcs, or it would be calc stacking, so I have to assume that he is moving at least Peak Human running speed in that scene.

3. Iida perceived himself moving with Recipro Burst, and he having problems with people comparable to his normal speed is not a problem since this only scales to his perceptions.

4. Izuku 5% grazed a serious Gran Torino, who in my opinion should be faster than Iida using Recipro Burst.

Also, I don't think Aizawa should be Transonic in movement speed just for being able to keep up with Shigaraki, Bakugou can't move faster than Izuku 5% but he can still outpace him with his combat speed and skills. It also makes a lot of people Transonic for no reason. Aizawa should probably be Superhuman for being able to run at full speed while wearing handicaps.

Todoroki's speed calc was accepted, so his attack speed is now Supersonic, but since it's baseline Supersonic, base Izuku, Shinso and the people who scale from him should be still Transonic in reactions/combat speed.

1. Iida was having to carry three people while rushing Izuku during the Cavalry Battle. There's a good chance he was slowed down enough that Todoroki was just barely able to react and grab Izuku's headband. He would have definitely been slower than his feat against Stain.

2. Stain was somehow able to block Iida's Recipro Burst but was also too slow to complete his sword swing into Todoroku's arm? It's a bit contradictory, no?

4. Given that it was just a sparring session against Izuku, I don't think we can say Gran Torino was being very serious.

1. This makes sense I guess.

2. Stain was running towards Todoroki, he wasn't using his attack speed with the sword, so Iida being able to outrun him with Recipro Burst is not really contradictory.

3. I don't see how being a sparring sesion has to do with any of this, Gran Torino himself said he was seriously dodging Izuku's attack.

While I am 100% sure that Gran Torino is faster than Iida, what is the basis we're using to say he's faster than Iida's Recipro Burst feat?

Because the only qualifier to Gran Torino's speed from another character is All Might saying that Gran Torino moves faster than the eye can track, which only has to be Subsonic+ at a minimum.

@ByAsura It was removed because the feat was just barely Large Building level using normal fragmentation, and because it was made by three people..

Ok. Also, why does it say he "should" be superior to High-End? I'm pretty sure there's nothing to suggest that.

@Damage3245 Young Gran Torino is faster than Young All Might, who could use 100% since the start, Old Gran Torino is suppodsely slower (although they never stated this, they just said that he can't propel too much in the air anymore, and even this is contradicted when he catched All Might who was going to crash into a helicopter), in any case, he should be still somewhat comparable to his old self.

> and even this is contradicted when he catched All Might who was going to crash into a helicopter

That wasn't All Might's movement speed he intercepted, it was just All Might being knocked into the air by a blast of air.

So it's impossible to say how fast All Might was going there when Gran Torino caught him.

And all of that simply proves that Gran Torino is fast, not faster than Iida's Recipro Burst.

Well Young Gran Torino is faster than Recipro Burst, since he faster than Young All Might who scales to Izuku 100% Hypersonic+ feat right?

So Old Gran Torino being Hypersonic makes sense.

@Damage3245 I wasn't referring to All Might's speed after being knocked into the air, I was saying that the statement of Gran Torino not being able to move too far into the air is contradicted.

@TheRustyOne That is what I was trying to say.

I don't think they stated he couldn't propel himself in the air too much; just that the amount of air he could release from his feet was decreased since it depends on his lung capacity.

According to the wikia: "His advanced age means that he cannot use this Quirk repeatedly as his bones and organs have grown weaker".

His Quirk is not weaker, it's just that he can't use it repeatedly.

I don't know where you got that statement, do you have the source?

Hmm, it was probably a fanscan from a while ago.

Here's what the official release says. So the amount isn't explicitely decreased, but it is dependant on lung capacity and puts stress on his body.

Also, considering what he does in that page is when he goes all out, I don't think we can really say he was going all out against Izuku, even if he claims he was being serious.

That just literally the weakness of his Quirk.

He wasn't attacking Izuku when he dodged seriously, also, what this have to do with his reactions?

I changed it to "Superior to High-End", I don't know why I put "Should" in the first place.

Don't we already agreed that High-End should not scale from Izuku 100% for being weaker? Endeavor and High-End were 8-B, Class M and Supersonic+ for being superior to Izuku, but people downgraded them.

In any case, OFA 100% should be 8-B scaling from 8% I guess.

He should be 8-B, I agree there. Even beating Fusion Kai might be enough for 8-B since Rikiya is in it.

ByAsura said:
He should be 8-B, I agree there. Even the Fusion Kai might be enough since Rikiya.
Let's not get into Fusion Chisaki please, let's forget about it since it's not important anymore.

Saying base Izuku couldn't dodge the flames is a little unfair to him in that condition. He was basically crippled at that point.

But that is a result that makes sense for Aizawa.

I've always wondered this. The characters were downgraded from being High Hypersonic via scaling to Katsuki's explosions. What was the reasoning there?

They never reacted to Bakugou's explosions, that's why they were downgraded.

Shouldn't Tomura be Transonic still according to his justification?

He easily blitzed two Transonic characters, and I doubt Toga is faster than him, he also took Chisaki by surprise with his speed.

Technically they reacted to him getting in front of them, they were just too slow to do anything about it (which fits the description of their speed at the time).

Therefir said:
1. This makes sense I guess.
2. Stain was running towards Todoroki, he wasn't using his attack speed with the sword, so Iida being able to outrun him with Recipro Burst is not really contradictory.

3. I don't see how being a sparring sesion has to do with any of this, Gran Torino himself said he was seriously dodging Izuku's attack.
3. "Serious" doesn't mean "I went full speed"

And Deku 'barely' gazed him by sheer surprise factor

Stop quoting people like that, your just clogging up the thread and making it load slower. If your going to reply to someone, just do what I'm doing.

Also, you're assuming that Gran Torino's Speed is equal to Iida's just to justify scaling it to Deku, but that doesn't have to be the case (Specially since Old Gran Torino is slower than his prime)

Also, Stain only reacted once to a single kick from iida, and the series has lots of feats of characters reacting to faster than themselves feats, so this could just be an outlier (Since again, nobody else would scale)

About Shouto reacting to grabing the headband, he also could just put his hand at the height of Midoriya's band just so with the speed boost it will attach to his hand (closing it just being a body reflex)

And "Iida's perception", is like human pilots driving Mach 5 planes. We don't have Hypersonic reactions for that

IDK if this will help but

[[1]] Here we can see Iida use Recipro Burst and Todoroki dodges the kick fueled by Recipro Burst only AFTER Iida throws out the kick, meaning that he didn't dodged in an anticipation, he dodged it as the kick was coming at him.

According to the official character book, Gran Torino's speed is ranked higher than Iida's. IDK how viable that is, but it is a source that points to Gran Torino being comparable to, if not superior to, Iida in terms of speed.

Also if you wanna get technical now, Todoroki reacted to Iida's Recipro Burst in their fight during the tournament arc, Bakugou could keep up with a 5% Deku and Todoroki, Gran Torino was able to blitz a bunch of villains before they could react and those same villains were all giving Bakugou a hard time and were individually keeping up with him and keeping him on his toes.

Hopefully this helps.

Yesterday I was going to make a proposal about how the speed stats would look with Iida's upgrade, but then I realized that if Izuku has hypersonic reactions, the scaling would be a complete disaster, so I only upgraded the top tiers to hypersonic.

It's this proved or anything?

Apart from calcs, there no official claim about this scaling

Okay, I'll just put "12.5 times stronger than 8%" so that people can stop ******* with this, and it makes Izuku 100% far superior to High-End anyway.

Regarding speed ratings, I've noticed something a bit odd.

You've rightly put Present Mic's speed rating as Unknown because we cannot reasonably scale him from Aizawa, but Mt. Lady and Fat Gum at least both have their speed ratings from Aizawa.

That's a bit contradictory.

Back