• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #5

Momo herself said that Todoroki can make it before Aizawa could opens his eyes. She didn't say he can start to create it before Aizawa can open his eyes, she says he can make it before he can open his eyes.

It doesn't matter if he doesn't need to whole thing to block his line of site. It was clearly stated that he was suppose to make the Giant Ice Wall before Aizawa could open his eyes.

Not only that but the panel we see right after she says that, is the giant ice wall fully made. We never see a panel of it forming, just Todoroki sending out ice and boom it's right there.

Momo said Todoroki can create the whole ice the instant Aizawa blinked, I'm not sure why you keep repeating that.

Therefir said:
Momo said Todoroki can create the whole ice the instant Aizawa blinked, I'm not sure why you keep repeating that.
Err, she didn't actually say 'the whole ice' anywhere in there.

She just said to fire it off (the Giant Ice Wall), and Todoroki fired it off. Starting the move and having the move be entirely done are two different things.

On another note though, are we certain we can scale the speed of Todoroki's Giant Ice Wall to his regular, smaller ice attacks? Have they been portrayed to be just as fast as this calc suggests?

@Therefir

No. The title naming stays at it is.

The name of the series is, ÕâòÒü«ÒâÆÒâ╝Òâ¡Òâ╝ÒéóÒé½ÒâçÒâƒÒéó

• Õâò - Boku
  • Òü« - no
  • ÒâÆÒâ╝Òâ¡Òâ╝ - Hiro (notice the lack of the u character in this)
  • ÒéóÒé½ÒâçÒâƒÒéó - Akademia (Academia)
You don't even need to worry about it in English, because all it translates to is "My Hero Academia".

Stop obsessing over names.

It seems like Todoroki's ice in general is seen as fast, I don't remember his Giant Ice Wall being stated to or was ever implied to be faster than his normal attacks.

@Damage3245 His smaller ice is easier to create, so if he can shoot the Giant Ice Wall at this speeds then it should not be a problem to assume that the smaller ice has comparable speeds.

@Reppuzan I know, that's why I didn't mention it again.

Well, the sheer scale of it (and the fact that Todoroki is made rapidly colder and has to defrost himself) may mean that his output of ice not just bigger but faster too.

I just think that basing the speed values of almost every character in the series on one feat is strange. I think it needs more support for literally everyone including nobodies like Hitoshi Shinsou to have Supersonic reactions.

I think you're assuming a little too much, Bakugou for example can easily react to the Giant Ice Wall, I know that it was weaker but it's still bigger than the one Todoroki used in the exams. The fact that everyone is scaling to this feat is not really a problem.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Tetsutetsu has a supersonic feat right?

When he made a sonic boom and when he blocked a bullet I think.

I don't think he made an actual sonic boom there; that was just the impact of him hitting Mustard's head.

And blocking the bullet wasn't a supersonic feat. We don't see him start to move after the gun was fired.

After watching the scene in the anime, Tetsutetsu was already there before Mustard shot Kendou.

Damage3245 said:
Well, the sheer scale of it (and the fact that Todoroki is made rapidly colder and has to defrost himself) may mean that his output of ice not just bigger but faster too.
I just think that basing the speed values of almost every character in the series on one feat is strange. I think it needs more support for literally everyone including nobodies like Hitoshi Shinsou to have Supersonic reactions.
You were literally just saying that his bigger attacks would take longer than his smaller attacks.

Obvious answers would be AFO and All Might. I'd honestly wager Deku at 5% since the two of them are somewhat treated as being equal in speed when they were doing the rescue for Bakugou (both Deku and Iida were providing propulsion for the jump, and it probably would have ended poorly had one side been applying too much force and the other too little).

That being said, assuming Izuku scales? Bakugou probably also does as he could keep up with 5% Deku in their fight at the training grounds.

Plus Chisaki could react to Izuku's 20% speed, so he could also scale assuming Deku receives scaling from Iida.

Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki should be the only ones who scale from 1-A until we get more feats.

Mirio and the rest of the big three should probably scale.

All For One and All Might. Aizawa. Gran Torino. Maybe Nighteye since Nighteye called Deku's 8% slow. Chisaki reacted to 20% so obviously him. Endeavor, since he's likely stronger than Todoroki. High End.

Making a large amount of the cast Hypersonic+ based on one feat... Has Iida ever actually showed this kind of speed anywhere else?

I'm tempted to treat it as an outlier.

Tamaki is Hypersonic+ but still gets tagged by a bullet?

This kind of scaling would result in everyone in the cast eventually being Hypersonic+ because they someone scales to someone that scales to someone else, etc.

If you're going to say Bakugo is Hypersonic+ then that leads to Kirishima being Hypersonic+ which leads to Tetsutetsu being Hypersonic+ which leads to Mustard being Hypersonic+... It's not great.

Aizawa has no reason to scale to this. Mirio was shown to be superior to the other Big Three members, they don't scale to his AP so they shouldn't be scaling to his speed either.

I don't think it's a outlier. They have a Transonic feat (which is almost Supersonic) that scales to almost everyone, while a Hypersonic feat that scales to the faster characters.

The speed jump isn't that massive and Iida with Recipro Burst has blitz the Transonic characters so it isn't inconsistent. (Izuku without OFA, and the girl in Class 1-B)

Also yes, we're talking about reactions speed.

Kirishima never kept up with Bakugo, he grazed him once when Bakugo was rushing towards him. After that he never landed another hit on him.

Mustard also never reacted to Tetsutesu, his speed should be unknown. Mustard could see them coming before they arrived because of his gas, he's a complete joke.

Mustard should be unknown in everything, he kicked a weaken Tetsutesu and was only reacting to them because he could tell where they were in the gas.

> Kirishima never kept up with Bakugo, he grazed him once when Bakugo was rushing towards him. After that he never landed another hit on him.

Then why is his justification currently 'Kept up with Bakugo"?

Guess what, it needs to be changed. Kirishima is comparable to other Transonic characters like Izuku Without OFA.

Mustard should just be unknown in everything.

Rusty, can you explain who you think scales to this? Because somebody up above was suggesting a lot of characters.

All Might, All For One, Nomu (USJ), and Gran Torino. (These four should be really obvious)

Stain: The least controversial since he reacted to and blocked Iida's kick.

Todoroki: Was able to dodge Iida's kick, he barely did so but it should still scale.

Bakugo: Was able to outmaneuver Todoroki and catch him off guard. (When he threw him)

Izuku: This one is confusing, if not 5% then 8% should scale. Izuku was shown to keep up with Stain but he was holding back against them. 8% scales though since he's faster than Bakugo.

Mirio: Blitz Iida and Izuku 8%.

Chisaki: Dodged Mirio's blows and kept up with him.

Nighteye: Was able to keep up with Chisaki but is slower than Mirio.

Endeavor and High-End: They're superior to 20% so yes they should scale.

I can't think of anyone else who would scale.

They don't have Hypersonic+ movement speed, also the feat is Hypersonic. Stain was holding back against them and Todoroki says that Iida's Recipro was too fast to dodge.

Todoroki did say he knew Iida was going to use Recipro Burst, so maybe he predicted.

Todoroki, Bakugo, and Izuku 5% might not scale then.

My bad, I thought it said Hypersonic+.

I can see Iida potentially having this level of speed given he has a very explicit boost mode that puts him way above his ordinary limits, but I do not think Todoroki, Bakugo or Izuku should scale until we have some clear supportive feats that indicate they can scale.

The lack of supporting feats from the rest of the verse as well is frustrating; Edgeshot's transformation/attack speed was noted for being Supersonic.

Yeah, I know it's frustrating.

Stain was stated to be holding back against them many times, Gran Torino himself even said they barely won against a Hero Killer who was holding back. It's also likely that Todoroki just predicted Iida's Recipro, like aim dodging a bullet.

Todoroki, Izuku 5 to 8%, and Bakugo don't scale.

Izuku 20% scales though since he kept up with Chisaki who can dodge Mirio's attacks.

Edit: Iida was unable to see Mirio moving despite the fact he can see while using Recipro Burst. It's called perception, he can perceive himself moving with Recipro Burst but can't perceive Mirio.

Wasn't the reason he couldn't see Mirio move was because Mirio was underground?

Well, he wouldn't be able to percieve Mirio if Mirio went underground and got behind him...

And Mirio emerging from the ground is basically at teleportation speeds since he's being instant displaced from the ground to the surface.

To be honest, I really don't know. You all can make a decision yourself, I'm neutral on this. I don't think Iida's Recipro Burst is a outlier and people like All Might, All For One, Nomu (USJ), and Gran Torino should scale to it at the least.

In the Viz version he says he is launched out of the 'instantaneously'. If he's instantly transferring from one place to another, it's practically teleportation anyway.

Anyway, that can be pretty much explained as him being concerned for Deku and losing track of Mirio for a moment. And Mirio capitalized on Iida being distracted.

All Might and One for All are the obvious choices. These two are shown to be the God Tiers of MHA in every way possible. USJ Nomu would also scale as he's stated to be equal to 30 minute All Might. Deku at 100% would scale as he's directly compared to 30 minute All Might's speed.

TheRustyOne said:
Yeah, I know it's frustrating.
Stain was stated to be holding back against them many times, Gran Torino himself even said they barely won against a Hero Killer who was holding back. It's also likely that Todoroki just predicted Iida's Recipro, like aim dodging a bullet.

Todoroki, Izuku 5 to 8%, and Bakugo don't scale.

Izuku 20% scales though since he kept up with Chisaki who can dodge Mirio's attacks.

Edit: Iida was unable to see Mirio moving despite the fact he can see while using Recipro Burst. It's called perception, he can perceive himself moving with Recipro Burst but can't perceive Mirio.
I think reacting to his own Recipro Burst is weird

Mostly because he clearly struggles with people comparable to his normal speed you know?

(The rest of what I think about the scaling is posted in the blog of the calc. But basically no student should scale since Iida blitzed them all. But technically even top/god tiers never did react to it/fought him. And while Stain did hell back, c'mon, by the calc Iida was like 200 times faster. He is obviously faster than the students, but saying he is equal to Recipro is too much imo.)

After thinking about it, it's not a good idea to force someone to watch an important part of the movie in a shitty quality just to determine if the feat is valid or not.

The feat should be ignored for now.

BlackeJan said:
Therefir said:
I have good news, it was leaked part of the final fight in the movie, where Deku moves so fast that his feet catch on fire.

It requires to move at Mach 23 (Hypersonic+) to catch fire via air friction.

Here is the scene, beware of spoilers.
Well u already spoiled it by saying it....
Which would be an outlier given that faster characters than him barely have Supersonic feats.

Also, why do we accept that though? Hypersonic+ for catching on fire? 1. Where does that came from? 2. Why we assume that authors know that and not simply use it because "it looks cool and makes the character look fast"?

Izuku was using 100% in that scene, and according to Antoniofer catching on fire due air friction is Hypersonic+.

Therefir said:
Izuku was using 100% in that scene, and according to Antoniofer catching on fire due air friction is Hypersonic+.
100%?

Ok, that makes way more sense lmao

But still, why Hypersonic+?

Back