• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia Plus Ultra Discussion Thread #12 (the last one)

That Lazer dude will die

Also all for one looks like he is talking to shigaraki telapathicly

Spinoirr said:
That Lazer dude will die

Also all for one looks like he is talking to shigaraki telapathicly
Telepathically, eh? Based on what I've seen in other media, there are three possible outcomes, though none seem particularly likely:

1. All For One is somehow able to use his Quirk(s) without Tartarus knowing, giving the villains an advantage.

2. All For One is secretly plotting to possess Tomura, using him as a new body of sorts.

3. That's not actually All For One: Tomura's just lost whatever sanity he had left.

Though they could just go a completely different route. I'm not the writer, after all.

We have seen afo mention he felt his brother and it would make sense if he has Telepathically

I wouldnt be to quick to give him powers, so far he just has this sensing-thing, which, tbh, could just be that shounen thing where people feel stuff that happens to others in a vague way all because its cool.

Btw, i also think AFO is going to take over tomuras body, i hope so at least because tomura is a really badly done main villain imo.

AFO taking over Shigaraki's body would be a complete disaster of a story point, it would invalidate all of Shigraki's growth over the entire series as a villain, the whole point has been that he's the next Symbol of Evil, going the generic route of the old villain getting a new body route is so bland, it's been done to death by so many manga/anime, what made AFO so interesting as a villain is that he did care about his comrades and his disciple, that he was willing to throw away everything so his pupil could grow and surpass him, which is a parallel to All Might and Deku

I really hope AFO doesn't become the final villain, thematically it should absolutely be Shigaraki, as he's a villain born from OFA and has been set up since the very beginning of the series, the point is that the old generation is done and it's up to the new generation to grow and surpass their predessecors

Plus I've loved Shigaraki ever since My Villain Academia, so seeing him get shafted for AFO would leave a tremendously disastifying feeling

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
AFO taking over Shigaraki's body would be a complete disaster of a story point, it would invalidate all of Shigraki's growth over the entire series as a villain, the whole point has been that he's the next Symbol of Evil, going the generic route of the old villain getting a new body route is so bland, it's been done to death by so many manga/anime, what made AFO so interesting as a villain is that he did care about his comrades and his disciple, that he was willing to throw away everything so his pupil could grow and surpass him, which is a parallel to All Might and Deku

I really hope AFO doesn't become the final villain, thematically it should absolutely be Shigaraki, as he's a villain born from OFA and has been set up since the very beginning of the series, the point is that the old generation is done and it's up to the new generation to grow and surpass their predessecors

Plus I've loved Shigaraki ever since My Villain Academia, so seeing him get shafted for AFO would leave a tremendously disastifying feeling
Sorry. I wasn't trying to imply that's what would happen, it was meant to be speculation based on what I've seen done in other media. Heck, if I'm being honest, I think I'd rather they go the "Tomura goes completely insane" route. It's not much better, but hey, we all like to watch a completely-crazy villain every now and then. Plus they could try and take it down the tragedy route, like how this all happened because he chose to work with All For One. Though again, I'm not the writer, so this is beyond me.

@Jimmy.robinson.5099

You don't have to apologize for your opinion man 😂, it's completely fine to have different ideas from me, I was just giving my opinion on why I think AFO shouldn't and hopefully won't take over Shigaraki's body, I think it would be better if Shigaraki himself became a genius level villain on his own

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Jimmy.robinson.5099

You don't have to apologize for your opinion man 😂, it's completely fine to have different ideas from me, I was just giving my opinion on why I think AFO shouldn't and hopefully won't take over Shigaraki's body, I think it would be better if Shigaraki himself became a genius level villain on his own
In this day and age, it's very easy to offend someone without realizing it. As such, I always try to take precaution.

By the way, thanks for the responses. I'm still relatively new to MHA (I guess you-know-what isn't COMPLETELY bad), so it's nice to have someone to talk with.

Well, I know it's not much, but this new chapter revealed that that one hero who can shoot the Laser out of his eye is named "X-Less". I don't know why, but I like how they at least gave him a name. Mind you, I doubt he'll be important, but it shows they care at least a little.

So I got around to the new chapter (turns out, you can read them for free on Viz's website). Quick thoughts: I definetly don't think Tomura is dead... but I also don't know if he'll get up next chapter. I don't know why, but I feel like they might try to draw that out a little. Also, I'm a little worried Present Mic painted a target on himself for being the one to interupt the process. Shoutouts to the nice right hook, though: I actually felt that.

Wait, I just notice the High-End that was blocking the hallway, took a direct hit from Endeavor's fire and is still fighting. It's quirks were erased by Aizawa when that happens so it's that durable even without powers. So two of these High-Ends have taken direct hits from Endeavor and surivived.

So thanks to the official translations out who scales to the high ends

Because I saw the dragon lady fight one

Ryukyu is 8-B+ so her being 8-A isn't impossible, also it looks like her claws are digging into that High-End's side enough to make it bleed. Crust scales to them without question, he's been shown to injure almost all of them and his shields can stop their attacks.

Well, the experiments likely made Shiggy less Crusty and more Buffy

Also his hair is always clear white whenever he gives off a menacing aura

I just notice Manual and Backdraft holding the female High-End's legs with water, that's amazing. Don't know what Rock Lock thinks he's doing since his Quirk doesn't work on living things but he's there. Saw Gran Torino is fighting too, wonder if he'll be 8-A by the end of this.

Also would it be safe to say that High-Ends should have Large Size (Type 0), they're pretty big.

I bet All For One is not gonna show up. He was just displayed symbolically, chances are Shigaraki wakes up and unleashes hell, cementing himself as the new symbol of havoc.

Why is Prime All Might not upscaled to baseline 6-C?

It's not farfetched to assume that Prime is at least twice as strong as wounded.

Tetsucabrah said:
Why is Prime All Might not upscaled to baseline 6-C?
It's not farfetched to assume that Prime is at least twice as strong as wounded.
Well he has absolutely no feats at all.

Doesn't matter. He has statements.

It's not making too many assumptions to say he's at least twice as strong as when he performed his feat. It's called his prime for a reason.

Yeah but let's actually think about his for second. All Might would be a baseline 6-C and haxless. That sounds awful. At least let him have a good AP advantage.

Tetsucabrah said:
Doesn't matter. He has statements.
It's not making too many assumptions to say he's at least twice as strong as when he performed his feat. It's called his prime for a reason.
Still would just be assumptions, why not three times? or four? Its prime afterall.

As far as it goes, we dont know exactly how strong he was, a "at least" is the only thing we can put on his stats, but just randomly multiplying it with a number doesnt have any reasoning behind it, why 2? why not 1.5? or 5?

anyone think the heros gonna lose? deku still havnt mastered his quirk the other young heros are still training, giganta isnt gonna get beaten by either of them and shiraki is getting an amp

Yeah, I am a little confused about the disappearance thing. I doubt they all get wiped out or anything, but since that plotpoint was sorta just dropped in, I can't say exactly what it means.

Hopefully, most of them die, Mirkoa, Aizawa, and maybe a few more escape with the students to help train them to become the next pros as they escape to fight another day

They diapared because they were planning this raid

Remember all the heroes weren't in the city at all with only the ones with the villans there

BlackeJan said:
Well the heroes do end up "disappearing"
Wasnt it so that the "they vanished" was just another oen of horis overhyping that turned out to be nothing and the heroes vanished because they all went to take down the villains?

Sora and buff riku said:
The "they vanished" shit was just all the heroes being at the base of the mountain or at the mansion or something and that's how the Peter griffin lookin guy got caught because he was the only hero in the streets:
Ooohhhhh, so THAT'S how they figured him out. I was a little confused, not gonna lie.

Back