• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

In just a few hours there are many things to say against the calculation, which is ... at least something weird:
1) It is a cloud calculation.
2) in the comments of the calculation "Timmy Mortero" made his own version, resulting lower.
3) the number of kilometers is impossible.
4) Since we still do not have official height, we use "All Might", but most likely "Star and Stripe" is smaller than "All Might", so when we are given the official height of the character the difference height will affect the calculation (the giant is 1000 times bigger than it, so if it is even 10 cm smaller it would mean that the giant is 100 meters smaller, and this would affect the pixel scaling).
5) possible OUTLIER.
6) 230 kilometer thick cloud , not counting the distance from base to ocean floor which is around 3 times larger,
7) natural clouds being even higher than that

8) Almost every mangaka ever exist do not understand, or do not care, for CLOOUUUDDDS.
This is true, even for my story because when I have a feat of a masive fire ball. I show it spitting clouds just to be like "man look how big that blast was" and don't take into account how strong because it just looks cool

In just a few hours there are many things to say against the calculation, which is ... at least something weird:
1) It is a cloud calculation.
2) in the comments of the calculation "Timmy Mortero" made his own version, resulting lower.
3) the number of kilometers is impossible.
4) Since we still do not have official height, we use "All Might", but most likely "Star and Stripe" is smaller than "All Might", so when we are given the official height of the character the difference height will affect the calculation (the giant is 1000 times bigger than it, so if it is even 10 cm smaller it would mean that the giant is 100 meters smaller, and this would affect the pixel scaling).
5) possible OUTLIER.
First of all I think it’s very fair to say she’s all might size I mean did u see her compared to shigi? She might even be bigger, second we didn’t use a cloud calculation at least not dispersing clouds and even if we did and even if the size of the dispersed clouds don’t make sense(which they actually do) it doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter that the mangaka don’t take account how clouds work this is manga they don’t take into account anything they do, they do what looks cool or what looks impressive, but even as someone new in this forum stuff, its pretty clear that that is what we use to scale and we are not gonna stop now just cuz it doesn’t seem realistic to u in a flipping manga( I’m talking abt the rusty scale and again we didn’t even use the dispersed clouds because there are changes going on with the cloud scaling, it would of been even more than what he got in his scale)

Last edited:
I do agree tho no matter how much I want it to be multi-continental seems like waaay tooo much, I think that’s why rusty didn’t use it at least let’s see what someone from the calculation group says I mean with the facts it makes sense but….

Wouldn’t it make more sense to compare Shigaraki to the size of the whole he made, then that hole to the crater?

Also wouldnt an explosion of even island level potency, like, create a tsunami??

Wouldn’t it make more sense to compare Shigaraki to the size of the whole he made, then that hole to the crater?

Also wouldnt an explosion of even island level potency, like, create a tsunami??
Man this is manga not all physics apply, when one puNch man did what he did he should of changed climate for yrs, also he wouldn’t want to cause her to cause damage to Japan, I mean an American causing damage with nukes to Japan??? Seems sus

I proposed that in the revision thread and I'm trying to get more support around it because I think its like a much safer way to calc the feat. Especially when there's no way that crater is 10 km, if that were the case then the hole Shiggy made would be dozens to hundreds of meters wide when its not.

I have to ask, did anyone see the season 5 filler episode where Ryukyu forms horizontal wind tornados by flapping her wings? Do you think this is a canon power she has from Horikoshi (wind control) or is it the anime just making shit up once again?

I have to ask, did anyone see the season 5 filler episode where Ryukyu forms horizontal wind tornados by flapping her wings? Do you think this is a canon power she has from Horikoshi (wind control) or is it the anime just making shit up once again?
I mean if its from filler then im sure it would probably be the anime dudes making up shit.

I mean. Ryuku strong enough to stop Shigaraki in his tracks, at the cost of a small hole in her hand.

It isnt /entirely/ insane that she has mild air manipulation sort of like Deku has at 20%, maybe she’s more experienced with it.

But it’s most likely just the anime being stupid.

I'm rewatching season 2 and this white/grey Nomu that Endeavor and Gran Torino are fighting is crazy. (it's green in color so I can't tell if its in the white or grey category)

It literally takes Endeavor's full fire blast unscathed and releases it back at him. It seems to have an absorption and release quirk.

It also uses a strength/muscle augmenting quirk to bulk up and basically leap at superstrength.

+ It has some tongue tentacle quirk thing though Gran Torino easily blows through this quirk.

How is X-less rated here? I know he's a non-factor lol but I just reread Mirko vs High-ends and there X-less' laser pierces right through the Woman High-end's hand.

Only with laser
VSBW:
images

Hey minor question not enough to make a CRT on, but on rereading the official release it doesn't look like Shigaraki is affected by the vacuum and in the later chapter star mentions he probably has some method of dealing with it. What's the consensus on this.

Hey minor question not enough to make a CRT on, but on rereading the official release it doesn't look like Shigaraki is affected by the vacuum and in the later chapter star mentions he probably has some method of dealing with it. What's the consensus on this.
Too little info to say for now. It's not like the vacuum was in effect for a long time.

Shigaraki's eyes seem to be damaged when she makes the vacuum for some reason. However when he holds his hands to his mouth, there appears to be some kind of effect going on. A ZRM sound effect is on his panel, and there is "something" coming from his hand.

We aren't told what he is doing, if he is doing something, so I'm not certain if anything can be added. If he did do something, I'm certain it'll be revealed later on.

Shigaraki's eyes seem to be damaged when she makes the vacuum for some reason. However when he holds his hands to his mouth, there appears to be some kind of effect going on. A ZRM sound effect is on his panel, and there is "something" coming from his hand.

We aren't told what he is doing, if he is doing something, so I'm not certain if anything can be added. If he did do something, I'm certain it'll be revealed later on.
Oh. Duh. He's probably just using a really low power Air Cannon on himself.

That might be grounds for Limited Self-Sustenance (Can provide himself Oxygen in a vacuum environment)
Yeah, I second that, considering how no one else noticed it, and how useful that can be in some matchups it's worth it to mention, and we should also note it on the air cannon quirk section.

Back