• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

As annoying as the criteria are I think it's fair considering how in the same fight we get laser feats we have the character worrying about being able to touch hypersonic missiles, like if I told the average MHA watchers the verse was light speed. I'd probably get laughed at.
Laser feats no one reacts to*

I wouldve preferred if Fa Jin, Smokescreen or the final quirk was replaced with the ability to give an OFA-stockpile amp to anyone Deku touches, but it temporarily weakens his own stockpile until the quirk’s effect is gone.

I think the idea of the Rumbling vs. the My Hero Academia verse is good at first... until you remember Decay and realize that Shigaraki could solo even before he got All For One.
Ehhh. I doubt Shigaraki could BEFORE his upgrades.

I mean, he’d kill himself before he kills all the titans. A million is a /big/ number. A few city blocks once was enough shred his arm and part of his body apart.

I wouldve preferred if Fa Jin, Smokescreen or the final quirk was replaced with the ability to give an OFA-stockpile amp to anyone Deku touches, but it temporarily weakens his own stockpile until the quirk’s effect is gone.
I feel like Horikoshi is making these quirks really boring. Fa Jin, Danger Sense, and Blackwhip are cool. Float is meh. Smokescreen is terrible

I feel like Horikoshi is making these quirks really boring. Fa Jin, Danger Sense, and Blackwhip are cool. Float is meh. Smokescreen is terrible
That’s kinda the point, tho.

Float is useful. It grants flight without having to blast the entire area with air pressure.

Smokescreen is very useful for people like Aizawa, or simply protecting others or obscuring oneself.

Float is actually super useful since he has prolonged flight forever. He never needs to touch the ground, which screws over those with flight. Before float he was limited to just leaping very good, but with float his mobility is far better.

Smokescreen seems underwhelming in a vs battle setting only tbh. In verse? That quirk shuts down hella characters. Not many people can just sense him through the smoke, and quirks that rely on sight are completely stopped. It is, however, the easiest quirk to get around definitely, as shown with Bakugo just blowing it away. Unless there’s more to it than what we’ve seen, it’s not doing much in a final battle scenario.

Also, it’s funny how, the more I look at it, the more of a Direct counter Deku seems to be against Shigaraki/AFO.

He is literally the hardest god damn thing to touch ever. The only way they’re going to get him to even attempt Decay or stealing OFA is with high end trickery or outside help.

All of his quirks are built to make him hard to touch, which Shigaraki needs to do for his certain win condition lol. The only thing he’s missing is a damaging move outside of his fists.

Float is actually super useful since he has prolonged flight forever. He never needs to touch the ground, which screws over those with flight. Before float he was limited to just leaping very good, but with float his mobility is far better.

Smokescreen seems underwhelming in a vs battle setting only tbh. In verse? That quirk shuts down hella characters. Not many people can just sense him through the smoke, and quirks that rely on sight are completely stopped. It is, however, the easiest quirk to get around definitely, as shown with Bakugo just blowing it away. Unless there’s more to it than what we’ve seen, it’s not doing much in a final battle scenario.
Vs shigaraki, smoke would be useless since he has search anyways

Also, it’s funny how, the more I look at it, the more of a Direct counter Deku seems to be against Shigaraki/AFO.

He is literally the hardest god damn thing to touch ever. The only way they’re going to get him to even attempt Decay or stealing OFA is with high end trickery or outside help.

All of his quirks are built to make him hard to touch, which Shigaraki needs to do for his certain win condition lol. The only thing he’s missing is a damaging move outside of his fists.
I noticed that too.

Shows that Hori knows what he is doing

I wish that Deku gets a cool form. I’m not talking about Infinite 100%, I mean like a form that changes his appearance entirely, like Asta’s devil union or Luffy’s snake man

I think a cool form would be Deku’s body being covered in black whip, and his eyes glowing. Kinda like a mummy. The black whip around his body will allow him to use 100% normally

I wish that Deku gets a cool form. I’m not talking about Infinite 100%, I mean like a form that changes his appearance entirely, like Asta’s devil union or Luffy’s snake man

I think a cool form would be Deku’s body being covered in black whip, and his eyes glowing. Kinda like a mummy. The black whip around his body will allow him to use 100% normally
I would also like a form for Deku(as long as it looks as cool as Bleach ones) but I don't like the premise behind the black whip one. It makes it sound as if Deku can't or shouldn't master 100% on his own and will always need some support gear/abilities.

I would also like a form for Deku(as long as it looks as cool as Bleach ones) but I don't like the premise behind the black whip one. It makes it sound as if Deku can't or shouldn't master 100% on his own and will always need some support gear/abilities.
Yh but the design of Blackwhip is just so cool that him wrapping himself in it would be cool. I think it wouldn’t allow him to increase his power, but it’d allow him to grow black whip appendages and grapple things, or form blades from it

Yh but the design of Blackwhip is just so cool that him wrapping himself in it would be cool. I think it wouldn’t allow him to increase his power, but it’d allow him to grow black whip appendages and grapple things, or form blades from it
Yeah the closes thing we got to an actual "form" was Dark Deku. I think black whip would grant him extra defense. Hell since it's made out of some sort of energy maybe it could potentially be resistant to powers like decay, overhaul and something like that. But yeah there could be potential and I think horikoshi could pull it off and make it look super cool.

Maybe something where he uses all of his Quirks at 100%?

I always wonder if EOS Deku will have his quirks evolve. Lemme think of some possibilities:

Blackwhip - possibly allowing much stronger tendrils, or they move way faster

Danger Sense - limited sight into the future? or maybe it’ll be constantly passive

Smoke - maybe not being able to just emit smoke from himself, maybe he could make it spawn from areas far from him? or maybe he could manipulate other gas?

Fa Jin - potential attack absorption: he could take a bit of the kinetic energy of his opponent’s attack and siphon it, and store attacks to make a big attack

There are a lot of characters who give their names when asked.

Basically mostly Shonen characters, Luffy would give his name without a doubt.

I wonder if Ichigo would, but Soul Crush GG.

Since the name used has to be one the person in question recognizes themselves as. Even alias would work, as long as that person believes it is their name now. Like Overhaul, who threw away his old name Chisaki, and even gets angry when Mirio refers to him as Chisaki.

There are a lot of characters who give their names when asked.

Basically mostly Shonen characters, Luffy would give his name without a doubt.

I wonder if Ichigo would, but Soul Crush GG.

Since the name used has to be one the person in question recognizes themselves as. Even alias would work, as long as that person believes it is their name now. Like Overhaul, who threw away his old name Chisaki, and even gets angry when Mirio refers to him as Chisaki.
Only Shonen characters who wouldn’t give their names are the very serious ones who don’t like talking, cautious ones or smart ones who are used to odd abilities.

Speed Equalized, Star vs Saitama?

Considering Saitama's nature, would he give his name and let Star touch him?

Back