• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

My Hero Academia General Discussion Thread #18

Official chapter is out: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1010474

Okay, real question I'm not sure anyone here has considered... How do we know that the Nomu is actually alive afterwards? It doesn't show any signs of moving or flying or making a sound and I'm not aware of anything proving that the Nomu needs to be alive in order for Tomura to activate a self-destruct Quirk inside it.

Okay, real question I'm not sure anyone here has considered... How do we know that the Nomu is actually alive afterwards? It doesn't show any signs of moving or flying or making a sound and I'm not aware of anything proving that the Nomu needs to be alive in order for Tomura to activate a self-destruct Quirk inside it.
Even if it isn't alive, and we say that it downscales to the point that it's a one-shot kill, it would still have a High 7-A+ rating. Kind of pointless trying to find an answer to that question.

Even if it isn't alive, and we say that it downscales to the point that it's a one-shot kill, it would still have a High 7-A+ rating. Kind of pointless trying to find an answer to that question.
But bro still were missing something even if shigaraki dug underground the fact that he survived it at all should be a at least 6-c feat because don't forget it about how massive the explosion was and also shigi didn't close the hole he was in so bro still took substantial damage even if he wasnt in the blast center

Also not sure if this should be counted but star and stripes avatar did still tank that shit so I'm not sure if it's because it's air or because its strong, we'll have to deliberate on that

But bro still were missing something even if shigaraki dug underground the fact that he survived it at all should be a at least 6-c feat because don't forget it about how massive the explosion was and also shigi didn't close the hole he was in so bro still took substantial damage even if he wasnt in the blast center

Also not sure if this should be counted but star and stripes avatar did still tank that shit so I'm not sure if it's because it's air or because its strong, we'll have to deliberate on that
That doesn't make it a 6-C feat.

In fact hiding in the hole so that he experiences only a tiny amount of energy involved and still taking as much damage as he did leans very strongly away from Tomura scaling to the full thing.

Should Shiggy get enhanced senses for hearing the pilot talk about the game of hot potato while he was underwater, a decently far distance from the pilot, and being blasted by a giant laser?

In fact hiding in the hole so that he experiences only a tiny amount of energy involved and still taking as much damage as he did leans very strongly away from Tomura scaling to the full thing.
Actually it doesn't because if u want to talk like that we could say that the energy was condensed into the hole he was in so he took more damagw than he thought he did, all he did was avoid the center that doesn't chang the scale of the attack he was still very close to it

We know the Nomu is alive because Shigaraki gave it a command and it responded by following that command.

Radio waves is capable of sending instructions to the Nomu, you can see the radio waves as he commands the Nomu to burst. "Now, burst" It did indeed survive the missle, since it activated its own Quirk and it wasn't forcibly activated with Forcible Quirk Activation.

"These Radio Waves can be used as signals... to give the Nomu very specific commands."

The Nomu's body is also intact, which means the blast wasn't strong enough to rip apart its body, though it seems to be heavily charred and is likely close to dying or was going to die.

Shigaraki avoided the explosion, he doesn't scale to the full thing.

And yet the Nomu would still be High 7-A. The only reason Shigaraki even looked as bad as he did was that he was already being bombarded with lasers and attacks from before.

Actually it doesn't because if u want to talk like that we could say that the energy was condensed into the hole he was in so he took more damagw than he thought he did, all he did was avoid the center that doesn't chang the scale of the attack he was still very close to it

Also the fact that u say "tiny" damage shows how much ur tryna diminish this feat but u can't, I doesn't even matter if Brodie was in a shield he was still basically at the epicenter of the blast and the hole he was in wasn't even covered, man prob took majority damage

Don't try to make stuff up like that. "The energy was condensed into the hole." Why don't you prove it pal?

Some people will do anything to wank a feat if they can.

Don't try to make stuff up like that. "The energy was condensed into the hole." Why don't you prove it pal?

Some people will do anything to wank a feat if they can.
Lol because that's how physics works pal, the smaller the surface area the more the pressure, maybe u should get ur place in the calculation group reevaluated if you didn't know that, how do u think pressure washers work?, And I don't need to prove it, wasn't insisting on it like u how Abt u prove he received only a "tiny" amount of energy mr.cry

so after reading the viz version, i dont think shig's decision to surface area the thing means the nomu cant scale.

Shig is bad with heat resistance, and he only moved away at the last moment

0331-013.png

0332-004.png

The extended exposure to the laser was removing flesh from shig. Given this chapter display massive damage weakens shig (The plane explosion being implied to capable to kill shig because of his further weakening from the blast). So basically he was first being weakened by the heat of the laser, then the heat from the nuke. But he's physically > that nomu, so a healthy shig would absolutely scale to the full yield power wise.

Furthermore there isnt any inherent proof the nomu died from the blast. It took the blast head on with its body intact.

Being even 1 meter away from an explosion, drastically decreases the energy a person gets hit by.

The center of the blast was on the top of the hole he dug with decay, the energy very clearly does not all going to the hole or something. The energy of an explosion likes to spread omnidirectionally, though since it was on the ground it expanded into a half sphere.

A lot of that energy didn't hit Shigaraki, nowhere close to the full amount. The Nomu got hit by basically the full thing, considering she slammed the missiles into its face. But we saw how messed up it was, and while it didn't die, it took a lot of damage and could've been dying.

Shigaraki and the Nomu do not scale to the full yield of this blast, at best her Air Giant has Island level dura for not being destroyed by the explosion.

But nothing really scales to this fully. High 7-A Shigaraki is also consistent with him being able to take multiple 100% smashes. Which in a weaker key, performed a High 7-A+ feat with the shockwave of its punch.

Star can injure Shigaraki and the Nomu, their durability is completely equal to each other. She knows how durable he is, because she can harm him, and she believed this would kill him. The Nomu took massive damage and saying that only the heat harmed it is rather unfounded.

Lol because that's how physics works pal, the smaller the surface area the more the pressure, maybe u should get ur place in the calculation group reevaluated if you didn't know that, how do u think pressure washers work?, And I don't need to prove it how Abt u prove he received only a "tiny" amount of energy mr.cry
you do realize just surface area for shig makes this feat fodder

Lol because that's how physics works pal, the smaller the surface area the more the pressure, maybe u should get ur place in the calculation group reevaluated if you didn't know that, how do u think pressure washers work?, And I don't need to prove it how Abt u prove he received only a "tiny" amount of energy mr.cry
I think Rusty did a good enough job of proving that for me.

Explosions lose energy the further they have to travel; Shigaraki increased the distance between him and the explosion.

If going into a tunnel would increase the amount of energy he'd take then he'd be the biggest idiot ever for exposing himself to even more danger for no good reason.

A lot of that energy didn't hit Shigaraki, nowhere close to the full amount. The Nomu got hit by basically the full thing, considering she slammed the missiles into its face.

If she slammed the missiles into the surface of the ocean, then she didn't hit Nomu in the face. The Nomu took a lot more of the energy than Shigaraki, but I don't see direct evidence of the missiles blowing up at point-blank range to the Nomu.

I don't believe Shigaraki heard anything, he just finished their sentence because he feels the same way. He was thinking the same thing basically.

A common thing in fiction, nothing that points to him listing to their radio chatter.

I think Rusty did a good enough job of proving that for me.

Explosions lose energy the further they have to travel; Shigaraki increased the distance between him and the explosion.

If going into a tunnel would increase the amount of energy he'd take then he'd be the biggest idiot ever for exposing himself to even more danger for no good reason.
Ofcourse he reduced the amount of damage he took I never denied that Brodie I'm only saying even tho he prob escaped the intial fireball of the explosion the damage he took was still extraordinary because wasnt nearly as far as ur insinuating, I mean if ur in a hole and their is a fire since it in a compact space ull def burn faster than some in the surface

Also I said the tunnel would normally make him take more damage like more damage than if he was that far down in a wide area not more than if he was in the middle of the explosion

A certain person here talks as informally and incoherent as a certain banned individual. Sure do hope they're not a sock.

That aside, I'll remain neutral about the calcs thing, but I'm really glad that the manga finally displayed a feat greater than movie feats.

A certain person here talks as informally and incoherent as a certain banned individual. Sure do hope they're not a sock.

That aside, I'll remain neutral about the calcs thing, but I'm really glad that the manga finally displayed a feat greater than movie feats.
That thought had crossed my mind. If they had said "bih" I would have banned them for being a sock.

I don't believe Shigaraki heard anything, he just finished their sentence because he feels the same way. He was thinking the same thing basically.

A common thing in fiction, nothing that points to him listing to their radio chatter.
He specifically addressed it as "your nasty game of hot potato." I doubt they were both thinking the exact same thing. Feels like more of an assumption to assume he was just so happening to be thinking of the exact same analogy.

I have a sandbox of Star's profile, and others that are effect by this.

I believe these are the ratings, Shigaraki should not only be capable of withstanding a single missile. But he took multiple 100% punches from Izuku, who is stronger than he was during the events of Heroes Rising (High 7-A+). And the feat was performed with the air pressure coming from his punch, while Shigaraki took direct hits.

I think baseline High 7-A+, or 2.65 GT is a good rating for him and the High-End Nomu. (Of course these ratings can change depending on the direction of the CRT, and this isn't complete.)

Yes we should all probably wait until that thread, I'm just hoping to publish Star's profile whenever that is possible. Also Mirko's ratings are not really all together right now.

He specifically addressed it as "your nasty game of hot potato." I doubt they were both thinking the exact same thing. Feels like more of an assumption to assume he was just so happening to be thinking of the exact same analogy.
That doesn't mean he heard them, just he was thinking that.

I don't see how that means he heard them. He realized what was going on and called it a game of hot potato, they were the one who started it after all. Also I highly doubt that translation is even accurate, since the other translation stated he himself called it a shitty back and forth.

Regardless, Shigaraki called what they were doing a game of hot potato or a shitty back and forth. They both thought the same thing, nothing else.

I believe these are the ratings, Shigaraki should not only be capable of withstanding a single missile. But he took multiple 100% punches from Izuku, who is stronger than he was during the events of Heroes Rising (High 7-A+). And the feat was performed with the air pressure coming from his punch, while Shigaraki took direct hits.

I think baseline High 7-A+, or 2.65 GT is a good rating for him and the High-End Nomu. (Of course these ratings can change depending on the direction of the CRT, and this isn't complete.)

Yes we should all probably wait until that thread, I'm just hoping to publish Star's profile whenever that is possible. Also Mirko's ratings are not really all together right now.
I thought u can't make a profile till it's over

While that sounds fine for Shigaraki, I am against it scaling for all High-End Nomu in general for now. Will need to see exactly how the CRT proposes it.

I thought u can't make a profile till

I also hate to be that guy but wat Abt the speed scaling not saying she Ftl or something but shouldn't we at least evaluate it cuz there were quite a few feats

Assuming Shigaraki was 10m away Ratio: 1256.64x 12.3 gigatons so: 9.78 megatons for Shigaraki’s durability

he was obviously more than 10 meters, so....
The intial fire ball of a NORMAL intercontinental missile has a diameter of a mile so I think even with ur logic, it still doesn't change much( initial fire ball is like the first blast of energy and is the most powerful and vaporises most things)
Also I would like to know why u used that calculation, is it a standard in the wiki or something?

Back